Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Strange Matter posted:

2.) Stephen Blum plays the least Blum-y character he's ever voiced

I dunno, it's still a slight variation on the "Blum voice". Compared to his more recent work in Gurren-Lagann and Mass Effect 2, it's still pretty drat easy to tell it's him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Hey Freakazoid. I got two tickets to the mud baths. Wanna come?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
^^^ In the series finale, no less!

mobo85 posted:

Oh, yes, how could I forget that? With Jack Valenti (and his cheeks) voicing himself, no less.

Sergeant Scruffy isn't coming to this one, since he's just a dog.

Also, I am not ashamed to admit that I sometimes yell "HUGGBEES!" when accomplishing something in multiplayer games.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Dr Snofeld posted:

Or that Ferb is voiced by that kid from that Doctor Who two-parter where the Doctor is disguised as a human.

You mean Liam Neeson's son in Love Actually :colbert:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Sockser posted:

Judd Winick... okay, which one of them is HIV positive?

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 09:31 on May 4, 2010

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

mobo85 posted:

The Hub, the new cable network which will replace Discovery Kids and is a joint venture between Discovery and Hasbro, has announced their preliminary lineup. Not surprisingly, most of the shows are based on Hasbro properties.

Motherfucking Fraggle Rock :neckbeard:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Macrame_God posted:

Is it just me, or has there been a lot of news lately about new Thundercats projects ever since the creator died? It's like everyone knew it was going to happen and decided to hold out until he was murdered for the extra publicity. :tinfoil:

That or there was some rights dispute that he was being stubborn on and his next of kin were more open to.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Behonkiss posted:

Has anyone else EVER voiced Fred? Welker's been doing it for 40 years now. Even when an early episode of Family Guy did a Scooby-Doo cutaway they had him there. It's nuts.

Well, there wa-

quote:

And no, Freddie Prinze Jr. doesn't count.

...gently caress.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

IRQ posted:

Nah:

Lazy animation, re-used cels, and inspiration for an entire generation of creepy loving furries.

Truly, this is the worst thing Disney's ever done. Yes, worse than the direct-to-DVD Cinderalla 4 3-D: Turns Out There's A Third Stepsister.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

muscles like this? posted:

Those character designs are basically inspired by really old school anime/manga. They have a real Tezuka/Ishinomori(Cyborg 009/Kamen Rider) look.

Ishinomori Superiority :c00l::hf::c00l:

That one kid has Ryoma Nagare Sideburns, I'm sold.

EDIT: Also, not sure if the IGN preview clip has been posted here yet. gently caress it, I am in.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

mobo85 posted:

I fail to see what, if any, educational value can be found in, say, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, unless it's teaching children how not to write a sitcom, in which case ABC is doing a great public service.

Well, there's also the moral that Hooch is crazy.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

IRQ posted:

Say what you will about Waterson being a weird recluse, but the upside is that horrible cash-ins ala that loving whore Jim Davis will never happen to Calvin and Hobbes.

Sadly, that probably also means we'll never get a coffee table book of Calvin Minus Hobbes.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
All this Chowder chat and nobody's gonna mention yesterday's Phineas & Ferb special?
Complete with the most :psyduck:-inducing moment in the entire series.
Yes, Isabella is swinging a leek around.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Is that David Wain as the bluejay?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

PicklePants posted:

Sym-Bionic Titan looks really cool. I'm excited for it, as it it another Genndy Tartakovsky show. He's usually really slick, and after Samurai Jack.. I'll watch anything he does.

Speaking of robots.. I really hoped Generator Rex would find something. Doesn't seem like it. It's just kind of bland, still.

Having John DiMaggio as a gunslingling chimp in a fez will only take you so far.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It's pretty much a G-rated version of Venture Bros, it's self-aware and pokes fun at itself but if you're old enough to watch and enjoy Venture Bros there's pretty much no reason to watch it.

On the other hand: Gary Cole and Patrick Warburton as billed cast members, and Lewis Black as a recurring "mysterious mentor" type.

Also, any excuse for Grey DeLisle to have an obligatory song.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Ice Blue posted:

The whole first episode is full of references to the original series.

I didn't get one of the ones you mentioned though. What do you mean a girl "falsely" claiming to be the daughter of the Creeper?

The only weird thing about that flashback is her being younger and everyone else being the same age. I don't remember it being regarded as false though.

It was revealed to be a fake story, and she was being paid off by Mr. E to commit the crime of the week in order to get them back of the trail of the old crew. The age difference was intentionally screwed up.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So I watched the preview of that new Tower Prep show on Cartoon Network tonight and... I'm actually kinda slightly impressed. Yeah yeah, live action on CN, I know. I was right there with you until I realized two things:

-The show was created by Paul Dini. Children of the 90s, you know what this means.
-The premise is pretty much X-Men: First Class meets The Prisoner, with a dash of The Pretender for good measure.

So worth a three episode test, at least.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
And that's why you all need to watch Tower Prep. Kids need more The Prisoner knockoffs :colbert:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Apparently Darian Morgan wrote an episode of Tower Prep. You may remember him from some of the best episodes of The X-Files including "Humbug" and "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose".

I'm not saying that his episode of Tower Prep is going to be good but yes I am saying that.

Once again, I'm amazed that a show this good is a live action CN program. After the poo poo that was the Ben 10 movies, the Scooby-Doo movies, Dude What Would Happen, Destroy Build Destroy (sorry Andrew WK, not even partying could save it), and that one live action/animated show with that guy from Battlebots (so poo poo I forgot the name), having something even slightly above average is shocking.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 19, 2010

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Cliff Racer posted:

GUTS! (and Global Guts!)

Also the Aggrocraig was not merely "special," it was an aggressive rock.

That's right, and for confirmation let's go down to the floor TAKEITAWAY MO!

Admit it, when you were 10 you'd kill for a chance to be on that show.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

mobo85 posted:

It was a pretty amusing show- very live-action-cartoony. One of the Fairly Oddparents writers was behind it, so it's very much that style of humor.

And in business news...MOM! Phineas and Ferb are being grown by Disney into what they hope can be a SpongeBob-dethroning franchise!

On the other hand, they have what, 2, maybe 3 years until the boys' voices start changing?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

mobo85 posted:

Well, Phineas is 18 and Ferb is 20 (not to mention the fact Ferb barely talks). Phineas's voice was a lot different when the series started compared to now, but I think that's more a result of Vincent Martella "finding his voice" as Phineas rather than puberty.

Ah, well in that case nevermind. I thought that they were using age-appropriate actors like Adventure Time. And that's after remembering that Ferb was the kid from Love Actually and that WWI ep of Doctor Who :doh:

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Oct 28, 2010

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Getting away from censorship for a minute, it seems that CN is doing a one hour special showing of Young Justice on the 26th. The look for the various heroes looks more like the recent DTV movie versions than the old DCAU ones. The commercial for it was also downplaying any characters other than Robin, Impulse and Aqualad.

BUT there are a couple recognizable shots of White Martians in the commercial, meaning --- M'gann --- can't be far behind.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
^^^ It also gave us X-23, who is not anywhere near as cringe-inducing as she should be.

Digital Scumbag posted:

My personal favorite is Gambit, which if I can remember right I started to follow because I'm a coonass from New Orleans as well.

I think everyone from the Gulf Coast is legally required to love Gambit :c00l::hf::haw:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

So, the first two episodes of Young Justice just aired and they were pretty cool.

Transformers Prime, GI Joe Renegade, Young Justice, hourlong Avengers, and a replay of that Firebreather movie all on the same day. Pretty packed day, really.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 27, 2010

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

So for that Firebreather movie did they ever even kind of explain the mechanics of how a giant monster and a regular sized human woman had a kid?

Handwaved by the kid covering his ears and running away as quickly as possible when given the opportunity to learn.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

MadScientistWorking posted:

So has anyone actually heard anything about Transformers Prime? This is the first I've heard of the series and its premiering on Monday.

The first two episodes aired yesterday, and there's some discussion of it in the TF thread in BSS.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Sockser posted:

Jeremy's little sister is totally a jerk

Only when she's on the clock. Off-duty she's pretty okay.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Dexo posted:

:stare: How in the hell is this going to work...

Well, first he put his head in a tube, then he got the glowing dye...

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

TwoPair posted:

:aaaaa:
Yep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m3urDHmHhio

Click here for the full 1600x1374 image.

For reference:

The team.

The mecha.

The ranger forms, divied up by color.

The first pic of the sixth ranger, looking silly as hell.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 8, 2011

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

TwoPair posted:

Oh man, I can't stop laughing. It's like the costume designers were just sitting around saying "How do we get the idea that he's the sixth ranger across to the audience?" then a few minutes later one guy said "We could glue tiny versions of all the old 6th ranger helmets to him...", and then they just went with it.

Oh, and the Red Sentai guy's name is Captain Marvelous. I don't want that part to get changed in translation at all.

To be fair, there is a precedent.*
*The upgraded form of Kamen Rider Decade from two years ago. And yes, fans thought it was silly then too.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SpazmasterX posted:

-The megazord toy is remolded and lovely, and that drives me insane.
EDIT: Also, "folding" zords. They won't even use the word origami. God drat. Also hilarious because the toys can't go into their box forms.

Wait what? They cut the budget on the US mecha release that much?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Sockser posted:

I don't understand the logic here. They're skipping Goseiger, which was built as a tie-in to a dice/card/something game?

That's ... un-American!

I am super stoked about this new series though. No clue how they'll handle Sentai older than Zyuranger in the American version

e: Or the Yellow Ranger turning into dudes

e2: Or Blue turning into the blue Ninja Ranger :crossarms:

e3: YELLOW TURNS INTO JOKER FROM JAKQ. gently caress YEAH.

e4: Do they morph by turning an action figure into a key and putting it in a cell phone?

Look at Blue in that cast pic again. He's drat near a tranny already. (Seriously though, they're altering the costumes for cross-gender rangers, like Pink as GekiViolet, the best ranger ever. Yeah, I said it. He's a goddamn Muay Thai Kickboxing werewolf with a swing dancing theme song)

Also, it's not Joker, it's BIG ONE :c00lbert:

E: Well gently caress, looking at it again it looks she's GekiChopper. He's... okay, I guess.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 11, 2011

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Macrame_God posted:

I did not know this. Now my mind is blown. :psyduck:

He was also Nero in Devil May Cry 4, Zero in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and is in approximately every third anime in the last 5 years.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

So, CN just showed a little trailer of the new Thundercats show and its apparently anime as gently caress.

Sadly, it doesn't look to be up on the youtubes yet.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

thelaughingman posted:

IO9.com has a trailer.

Yes, but that requires looking at the gawker site design, so it's pretty much a no-win scenario.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

tere posted:

Dude i hate to say this since i watch a lotta cartoons. However this junk isn't geared for our demo. I'm gonna assume you fall in the 18-36 year old demo. Hell we should be watching loving utter poo poo like jersey shore.

Actually, Problem Solverz was originally pitched as an Adult Swim show before being shuffled into CN proper :eng101:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
But where are the robot bears?

Also, the space motorcycle cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Just when they couldn't make the concept of Lola Bunny any worse, they turn her into a Kristen Wiig character :suicide: