Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Clearly, the only solution is to annex Canada. Then Adventure Time and Regular Show will fall under CanCon laws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Any show with Gary Cole and Patrick Warburton as billed regulars deserves all the seasons it can get.

And yeah, this show was surprisingly dark/unusual for a Scooby show (see: Flim Flam getting 25 to life as a minor).

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

mobo85 posted:

Disney Channel's latest live-action sitcom has a name and description that sounds like a parody of Disney Channel sitcoms. AND YET DOG WITH A BLOG IS REAL.

This is not the legacy Wishbone would have wanted :colbert:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Y-Hat posted:

The fans voted in Legends of the Hidden Temple this week.

loving Silver Snakes :argh:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
About the only things I know about current Nick programming is A) Spongebob is somehow still going despite not being funny since 2003 & B) that one show referenced the "How my hair look?" scene from The Wire.

So... yeah, just gonna go back to watching The Hub or something. Batman Beyond reruns make everything better.

EDIT: Wait, who's Norm in this situation? Noggin, Nicktoons, GaS?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

You Are A Elf posted:

But let's not forget that horrendous EXXXTREME Ghostbusters cartoon of the late 90s. it's like they wanted to be as PC as they could get by including everybody, so they added another minority in the mix (the Latino slacker dude), a female Ghostbuster, and a wheelchair-bound paraplegic.

Good god. Look at this poo poo.

And yet, the series itself was oddly well written. It's mind-boggling, really.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Rhinoceraptor posted:

This makes me so sad. Batman is always so serious in everything else that the lighthearted feel of Brave and the Bold was a nice change of pace. It was as if the 60s series had respected its audience's intelligence.

The pitch for the next series, Beware The Batman, has him teaming with Katana and a younger, rifle-toting Alfred. Because as someone who has been rabidly anti-gun for like 70 years, you want a sniper as your sidekick.

...Yeah.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
^^^^ Kindly old ladies don't buy Scions.

Sockser posted:

I don't believe there was a moral to the street racing ep of Sym-Bionic Titan

:cry:

The moral is "if you're not a giant toy commercial CN will send you to the death slot, gently caress you and the multiple Emmies you rode in on!"

:suicide:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

prahanormal posted:

The same people who actually commissioned an entire video game to be made for the show?

Goddamn, not even that Aaron Stone piece of poo poo would was that stupid.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Amorphous Blob posted:

So last night I saw an ad for something called wild grinders.

What the gently caress is this poo poo? It's like an even lower budget Johnny Test meets Rocket Power. And before you ask, this isn't some online flash series made by one dude. This is supposed to air on nicktoons :psypop:

Did you see Three Delivery, Kappa Mikey, the new Speed Racer or the Voltron remake? This is not below Nicktoon's quality threshold.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I'd probably believe it if there were even one second of new animation in there.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

What's the advantage of "buying" a currently existing channel rather than just creating your own, anyway? Does it have something to do with retaining all the cable systems that carry the channel?

Exactly that, yes. It's why G4 bought TechTV (an attempt by Comcast to muscle in on Time Warner/Dish Network/DirectTV's packages), and why The Hub replaced Discovery Kids.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

Also, this won't affect anyone without small children, but what the hell did they do to Nick Jr? They got rid of the moose and tried to web2.0 up the aesthetic or something. It looks like poo poo and there's not a single positive comment about it on their facebook page.

WHAT?! That oddly Radar-ish Moose is all that keeps me from going insane when I babysit my nieces during endless Wonder Pets marathons.

VIACOOOOOOOM! :doom:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So I just realized that The Aquabats! Super Show! starts tomorrow... but I still don't have The Hub.

:smithicide:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

GI Joe is so close to being good, but it seems to take itself way more seriously than GI Joe ever should, and then there's also the matter of godawful character designs with that too.

The character designer actually died back in January 2011, before the first season was finished airing. That combined with the show being "oh hiatus" to prevent brand confusion/over saturation while Hasbro's busy promoting the second movie means we might not be getting a second season anytime soon, if ever.

Also, it's not The Aquabats, it's The Aquabats! Yes, the exclamation point is necessary.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Well they could always try One Piece yet again now that it has 100% less Pirate Rap. Or hell, maybe even beat some sense into Bandai and get them to start work on translating Turn A Gundam again.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

TwoPair posted:

I still think it's amazing that an anime was popular enough in the US that CN actually helped produce a second season in the first place. It's a shame that the ratings just didn't come like they did for S1 (at least, that's what I assume happened).

Actually, the ratings were steady through the entire run, Williams Street just wanted to make cheaper programming instead of financing another full season.

The moral is, gently caress Adult Swim.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

MagicalDuck posted:

Pretty Cure is obviously the new Sailor Moon. It already has a dub that's been aired in Canada and the UK.

On the other hand, looking at even two seconds of Pretty Cure has been known to cause normal people to go into a diabetic coma.

See: Exhibit A. It would probably cause even a Brony to think twice.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

Honestly, who are the people that enjoy Johnny Test enough for them to keep making more episodes year after year? I want to meet these people.

The same question applies to Total Drama.

The people responsible for enforcing CanCon laws.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Wait, no Space Ghost? Did Williams Street ban the character outright or something? I mean, it's not like they don't still have George Lowe on speed dial.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

mobo85 posted:

Also, on the live-action end [...] the revival of Figure It Out.

Danny Tamborelli sits by his phone, waiting...

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

HypnoCabbage posted:

I imagine it's something like that. Alternately, Andy Merrill and C. Martin Croker both still work directly for Williams Street, don't they? It's possible that the execs aren't willing to shell out the money to bring in George Lowe for the hour or two it would take to record the bits AND spend the time animating Space Ghost's mouth on top of it.

Yeah, I'm kinda suspecting this too. I mean, if they didn't want to animate Space Ghost they could have just used Brak's Dad.

Because while he may not have metal claws, when he pinches you you know that you have been pinched!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Williams Street: Literally too lazy for 2003 Flash animation.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

ConanThe3rd posted:

Let's see where this one lies because, much like Mazinkizer, CN has the ability to become ether a god or a devil a this moment.

You bastard, I just pictured Toonami actually returning with Shin Mazinger as one of its main shows and it was so beautiful I shed a single tear.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Phineas & Ferb did it. They finally did it. They went and made the Meap sequel... and tossed in Jeff Foxworthy for some reason :psyduck:

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 7, 2012

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

MounerKT posted:

Never even heard of it.

It was a PS1 game whose big gimmick was that you got your monsters from actual CDs. So you'd stick in your Marylin Manson album and it would turn into a firebreathing duck or something, or your sister's N SYNC would turn into a 20 foot tall dragon.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Yeah, as boring as the plots are it just reminds me of Jamie Hewlett and whatnot every time I look at it. And hey, more Mark Hamill is never a bad thing.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

an_mutt posted:

I'm surprised to see no posts about Gravity Falls, which is a new show starting on the Disney channel at the end of the month. I'm interested in it because the show's creator, Alex Hirsch was a writer for Flapjack and worked alongside Penn Ward on some really great episodes (including the mermaid wishes and the guardian angel episodes!). Is anybody else looking forward to it?

I gotta admit, I'm vaguely looking forward to it. Also, am I the only one who things that the character designs look vaguely like the humans in Regular Show?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Wait, where are you seeing this? I thought the show wasn't scheduled to start until the twenty*mumble*th?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

...did they just reference the Jimmy Fallon/Roots performance? :psyduck:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Y-Hat posted:

The numerous Transformers shows and the Cartoon That Shall Not Be Discussed aside, I've heard good things about The Aquabats! Super Show! in spite of its exclamation point overload.

The Aquabats! have been excited ever since the days of Super Rad! and Cat With Two Heads! and I will not hear any disparagement of the MC Bat Commander's demeanor :colbert:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

Indeed, if you can find it in yourself to hate this then I don't want to know you.

Not to mention Weird Al Yankovic as President Stuntcastin.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

Funny thing is that this isn't even the first Tosh.0 knockoff on a Viacom channel - MTV has a show called Ridiculousness, which fills its requirement of "show with a name that pisses you off immediately upon seeing it".

Once again, nothing Rob Dyrdek has done since Rob & Big has been even the slightest bit palatable or entertaining :argh:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Does this mean Rebecca Sugar (and Rebecca Sugar's songs) are gonna leave Adventure Time? :ohdear:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

It really was a lot better than I was expecting from the promos. The only things I thought were weird was how they go all no-pupils when they're fighting, and that Raphael's voice was coming out of Donatello.

Greg Cripes as Mikey was surprisingly good (especially calling the canister "Mommy"). Although I'm not sure how I feel about all the UltrKrangs talking like Mojo Jojo.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

TwoPair posted:

The dog from Johnny Test is in the background of one of the scenes. Somehow this strikes me as profoundly wrong, even in a commercial where the end proudly celebrates Jabberjaw.

There are things about Jabberjaw worth celebrating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn1pf0Xi3nU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Am I the only who remembers that Space Ghost Talent Show special with all the Cartoon Cartoon creators? IIRC Craig McCracken won by being the only one willing to enter the swimsuit competition.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Argue posted:

The Disney Channel appears to be working on a follow-up to Boy Meets World, "Girl Meets World", starring the daughter of Cory and Topanga. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/boy-meets-world-disney-channel-386190

And yet Feeny will still be around.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

achillesforever6 posted:

God the reason Jeph gave to cancel that show was so stupid. Though I keep forgetting what the reason was anyway.

That kids don't like/can't understand serialized storylines, which is evidenced by Avatar, Ben 10 and Justice League/JLU being utter flops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SlothfulCobra posted:

It was sorta the plot of Ranma 1/2. Japan doesn't really do proper superheroes unless giant robots are involved.

I beg to differ.