Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

El Tortuga posted:

Also, holy crap, some of those Ranger designs would've translated terribly to American audiences. Because I don't think every one of those incarnations has made it's way to the States, right?

There were fifteen seasons of Super Sentai before Zyuranger/Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, yes. Apparently, Saban wanted to bring over Jetman first (pretty much a live-action riff on G-Force/Battle of the Planets, and widely regarded as one of the best seasons ever), but it took too long to work out the rights.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

VJeff posted:

This was cooler. :colbert:

No.

THIS was cooler :c00lbert:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

max4me posted:

Edit: if I have it right Teen titans was cancled and replaced by Ben 10, which just keeps going and going

It's already been rebooted three times, actually. Alien Force, Ultimate Alien, Omniverse. It's the same trick Justice League used to get three more seasons as JLU.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Argue posted:

Alfred in the field is kind of weird, but for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure he was an ex-secret agent in BTAS too.

He has been for a long time in the comics too, but for obvious reasons it was mainly used for disguises and espionage and what not.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

Nick Jr. did a massive format overhaul last March and everything new they've had since then has been dogshit. The worst offender probably being NickMom, their very own retarded version of Adult Swim.

The best part is that their target audience hates it and have posted saying as much, that they'd much rather have something to help put a colicky kid to sleep, but Nick's response has pretty much been "gently caress you, you're gonna watch us anyway."

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
The "best" part of that was keeping it at only three arms because otherwise then-EIC Quesada would have to admit he made a mistake when he first drew the design.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

I'm still upset that GI Joe Renegades died after one season while that piece of poo poo Transformers show lives on, though.

To be fair, having your character designer die on you does kind of complicate matters.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Sockser posted:

I honestly have no idea what the target demographic for She-zow even is.

People who set their DVRs early for The Aquabats.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Y-Hat posted:

I want this to be canon in the Star Wars universe so that I can hear a million Star Wars fans' heads explode at the same time.

It already exists (and isn't canon). Look up Tag & Bink Are Dead.

e:

ThermoPhysical posted:

What really bothers me about USM is that I thought Marvel would be able to handle their own character in a cartoon better than Sony could. Sadly, this is not the case at all.

This is what happens when you celebrate having your IP under one roof again by putting Jeph loving Loeb in charge of all your TV/Animation properties. Thankfully Whedon will likely be able to shout him down when it comes to SHIELD, but the quality of all the new IPs after his promotion (Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble, Agents of SMASH) speaks to his, er, "talent".

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jul 24, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Gaunab posted:

Fake french anime is the worse.

On the other hand, Wakfu.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

axleblaze posted:

I'd like the Looney Tunes show if only for it's effort to make Lola an actual character.

On the other hand, Kristen Wiig :gonk:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

muscles like this? posted:

Well, DC has been keeping the franchise alive in the comic books (I read a couple of issues but it wasn't very good.) I'm just not sure what you'd do with the series though. Follow grown up Terry? Go back to him being in High School? Reboot it completely?

Well, they'd have to reboot it after what happened in Epilogue, because DC Heroes Do Not Get Married.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Crabtree posted:

Why the hell does that thing come back from the dead so frequently? Its like the vengeful spirit of CN Live that just can't be fully exorcised. Is it somehow stupidly popular in Canada or do they have like five billion seasons to use at this point?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CanCon

Basically, it's made for practically nothing thanks to Canadian Grants and after that, any export revenue is pure profit.