Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Speaking of which, did they ever have the Redskins' mascot show up in that thing. I know some people were mildly curious about how they would handle that when Rushzone was first announced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Duke Nukem (?,) the yellowish guy, dependent on radiation to stay alive? I'd say he was doing okay, but only because his goals were so different from everyone else's.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Hah, CN spent so much time promoting that thing. It was pretty obvious to me as soon as I saw the first commercial that kids would probably not be interested but they just kept on hyping it up. I think I remember Toonzone laughing their butts off when it bombed (compared to CN's projections anyway.)

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

FuzzySkinner posted:

Anyone who is continuing to shove things like "NickMom", and "Honey Booboo" down peoples throats is going to soon find themselves struggling to be relevant by people who actually matter.
Honey Boo Boo is a lot more popular than 95% of the shows discussed in this topic.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

raditts posted:

The rumors I'd heard about this episode suggested that it wasn't censored, is there a different version or something?

Pretty sure that Adult Swim aired that and I think that even they don't really use the f word a lot. Its not surprising to me that they'd censored it.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Y-Hat posted:

I found a video to Marvin Marvin (on Nickelodeon, apparently) in the comments section, with the comment poster saying that it got cable banned from his friend's house. I think that's a fair action. The video is here, trigger warning for awfulness. Oh yeah, and it has Fred the YouTube personality. I guess he has Nick by the balls now.

Well thats.... certainly something that I would not watch regularly but as other people have said is that really any worse than the stuff that Kenan and Kell did?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Didn't Summer Sanders or whatever her name was go on the be in real TV/movie stuff?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Hmm, whats up with all the edutainment? I know that Nick Jr. hasn't been exactly charming for awhile now but some of those sound like they were pulled out of the broadcast network E/I requirement dungeons.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Wow, we've been hearing about that for years, what took them so long?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
If by study you mean Neilson ratings then yes, kids like stuff like that. Any drop-off from cartoons is not enough to make up for the amount saved by their cheapness to film. Anyways the problem shouldn't be that Hub has live-action, it has since the start, its that the guy they are getting to do it has made nothing but poo poo so far.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Yeah, 80s nostalgia was alive and well up until a few years ago when the 86s/87s started graduating from college. Sites like X-Entertainment were basically entirely dedicated to that stuff.

As to current toy-lines there's Ben 10, Bratz, those dolls that look like Universal Monsters, Domo-kun maybe(I still see the stuff in stores occasionally anyway), Gundam stuff (not exactly hugely popular but everything but Wing that aired over here aired in the 2000s,) all the Angry Birds crap that is plastered around and that might be about it. Yeah that is a comparatively toyless era I suppose.

Cliff Racer fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 17, 2013

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

DivisionPost posted:

Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated finally returns next week to finish out its run, Mondays-Fridays at 5 PM.

Oh hey something actually good, quick we gotta burn it before somebody notices! And I think it actually did well too when season 1 kicked off all that time ago, even if it was too scary for children.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Thats made by Saban for Nick, also known as the people who made the first seven or so seasons of the show (you know, the ones people remember.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Macaluso posted:

It's like they really wanted to make a bloody battle but obviously couldn't get away with it so they had them be oil filled robots.

No, I'm pretty sure its exactly that.