Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

nine-gear crow posted:

ITS FUKKIN THANOS OR SOME poo poo HELP

Yelling about it won't help, I'm a hero, not a hearing aid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Nah, Knockout is a great character and I’m mad he’s not had a single good toy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Twibbit posted:

Next time on my adventures with a psychotic breakdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKn36OsC7V8

I love Jack’s line read on “Jimmy. Jimmy. Jimmy. They have problems.:allears:

now kith

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

In MAWS, I assume that was General Zod? I got the impression that the hardware was all powered from Krypton, and the planet exploded at the moment Earth was about to be invaded, so it all just died. I’d love to know more about the arrival of the, uh, Arrival-esque obelisks, that was truly alien and a great visual. Did they travel all the way to Earth through space, a necessary end point for the portal? Maybe it was a different multiverse version of Kal-El? How much did it match up with Lois’s sphere hologram? Was Earth about to be invaded by Krypton from another dimension?? Tune in next time, flamers! :tinfoil:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Kermit The Grog posted:

Semi-relevant to this discussion is a term I've seen a few places and like which is Hamburger Shonen. In the vein of Spaghetti Western, this is American made shows trying specifically to go for an "anime" style. Avatar The Last Airbender is probably your #1 example of this.

Lol good timing, I was just wondering if there was an umbrella term for shows like Avatar, Netflix’s Voltron, She-Ra, MAWS, etc.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Elliot from Earth was a CN UK/EU show, not sure if that’s coming back though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I hope CN run the Over The Garden Wall livestream on YouTube again this year.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Larryb posted:

Wait, Bella Ramsey was in the live action Last of Us series? Did they fake an American accent or was Ellie just British in that version?

Brits are usually really good at faking American accents. It doesn’t work the other way very often.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, the brilliant Scavengers Reign is only on HBO Max, which is a US only (maybe Canada idk?) service, and available virtually nowhere else. Outside the US? gently caress you, VPN in or pirate it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Shame about white Sokka.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ccs posted:

That's the second afro-futurist series Disney has put out. This came out a little while ago:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14866860/

I assume these were all greenlit following the success of Black Panther but it's cool it allows for a different look in animation. Although Iwaju looks closer to typical disney feature rendering than I would have liked, was hoping for more stylized stuff.

Oh, I assumed it was a spin-off from that! Like, each of the anthology episodes was a reasonable pilot/proof of concept for a series, and they’d picked one to run with.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Please enjoy the worst take ever from someone in the industry (and should absolutely know better that it doesn’t work like that).

https://twitter.com/nicparris/status/1761076552585097702

Who then doubled down in an even more obtuse way

https://twitter.com/nicparris/status/1761076554803855670

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So many shows don’t have (a)DVDs/blurays, or (b)merch of any kind. A quick look for Owl House merch just brings up tons of unofficial Chinese things, and nothing from Disney themselves. You can’t support shows that don’t have any viable methods to do so.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Illmade posted:

Unless you are a literal child with zero income you have absolutely no excuse not to pay for the media you consume. Nobody, including artists, works for free and they deserve to be compensated for their work. Just pay the $15 you cheap weirdos.

Ah you’re right, let me just bring up how to watch Scavengers Reign in the UK. Ah cool, it’s on HBO Max, let me ju- oh, that’s not available in the UK. Well, it must be on some other site. Ah, Amazon Video has it! Oh what’s this? “This video is currently unavailable
to watch in your location.” Oh, hmm. Well, that’s it, no options to watch it here. Give up, I guess.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

Or for another example, they cancelled Tuca and Bertie because the studio unionized (and killed Nailed It for the same reason).

Is that what happened to Nailed It? drat, I was wondering if it was over or there were going to be more episodes ever.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I thought Netflix’s MO used to be commissioning a number of episodes up front, sometimes covering the entire show. If memory serves, She-Ra was done that way, with the show having been complete for a couple of years as episodes were dropped in seasons.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

https://twitter.com/NicParris/status/1762217534303121558

It's a three post thread of how he's totally not mad and actually still correct.

Wow, it’s very much “yes you’re all right, but I’m still not wrong.” My dude, take the L.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Sivart13 posted:

sounds like a great time to leave it be and not spend too much of anyone's life discussing this random guy's opinions

That’s the trouble, he’s not some random guy. He works in the industry and should know better.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I wonder what’s going to happen to CampCamp

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Covok posted:

and sharing pictures of his dick on OnlyFans.

There’s nothing wrong with this part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Larryb posted:

Seems his last role was in the TMNT Mutant Mayhem movie though he’s allegedly got an unnamed new project in the works if his wiki page is to be believed

That might be Boxtown?