Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Eforce posted:

Has anyone here been watching Craig of the Creek? I randomly watched it on HBO Max and I've been shocked with how good it is given that I don't hear people talk about it much. This is probably a terrible description of it, but for some reason it feels like Steven Universe mixed with Codename: Kids Next Door.

I just caught up to the newest episodes that are being released now, and some of the latest episodes have been so good. They've been heavily implying one of the main characters, Kelsey, is gay but they actually had her ask another character out in the cutest way: through their combined love of books. And the episode right after that was a fun parody of JRPGs/Legend of Zelda and they called it Chrono Moss.

This show slaps, don't miss on it.

Yeah Craig is pretty great and one of the only shows all my kids will watch without complaint. The representation seems pretty legit, and stands in pretty sharp contrast to Disney's recent struggles.

The main Craig question is this: Who is your favorite character, and why is it Cannonball?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Larryb posted:

So how is Bluey while we’re on the subject, is it just a pure kids show or is there stuff older audiences can enjoy as well (and if the former, how’s the writing? There’s a few 90’s cartoons I’ve revisited that still hold up after all)?

I wouldn't so much say that Bluey has content for adults as that it has content for parents. I don't think I'd watch Bluey if I didn't have kids, or even if my kids didn't watch it, but I can watch and enjoy it without my kids, if that makes sense. And there are absolutely themes and small moments that are aimed squarely at the adults in the audience.