Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
Teaser for the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series. The CGI Turtles don't look as bad animated as they do in stills, but the facial expressions look a little odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
MOM! Phineas and Ferb are crossing over with Marvel Comics!

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

Perhaps in an attempt to regain their crown from Disney, Nickelodeon has a large set of pilots in production.

Nickelodeon posted:

LIVE-ACTION

Current Productions:

Wendell and Vinnie (Nick at Nite series) – iCarly’s Jerry Trainor stars as Vinnie, a lovable, goofball uncle who becomes the guardian to his buttoned-up 12-year-old nephew Wendell (Buddy Handleson, Shake It Up). Nicole Sullivan (The King of Queens, The Penguins of Madagascar) also stars as Vinnie’s high-strung older sister Wilma. The comedy series, greenlit for 20 episodes, was written by Jay Kogen (Frasier, George Lopez) and will be executive produced by Aaron Kaplan (GCB, Terra Nova).

You Gotta See This (Nickelodeon series) – Nickelodeon combines the best of the web, behind-the-scenes footage, celebrity interviews, pranks and bloopers in its new series You Gotta See This, premiering this fall. Hosted by Chris O’Neal and Noah Crawford (stars of How to Rock), the half-hour series rolls all the must-see clips of the week into one hilarious package. Nickelodeon is currently in production on this 20-episode series in Los Angeles.

Swindle (Nickelodeon movie/working title) – With daring heists, crazy disguises, pie fights and sumo wrestlers, the network greenlights Swindle, an original TV movie featuring an impressive ensemble cast of Nickelodeon stars. When an evil collector cons Griffin out of a million dollar baseball card that could have saved his best friend’s home, he unites a ragtag group of his classmates who need to work as a team to take down the swindler. Swindle is based on a popular children’s book by Gordon Korman. Production will commence this fall in Vancouver, Canada.

Nicky Deuce (Nickelodeon movie/working title) – Based on a popular children’s book by The Sopranos’ Steve Schirripa and Charles Fleming, Nicky Deuce stars iCarly’s Noah Munck as Nicholas Borelli II, a nerdy, over-protected teen who transforms into the title character. Nicholas gets caught in the adventure of a lifetime when he spends the summer with an uncle he never knew he had. Production on this original TV movie will commence this summer in Montreal, Canada.

Pilots:

Sam & Cat (Nickelodeon pilot/working title) – In the comedic spin-off Sam & Cat, from iCarly and Victorious creator Dan Schneider, feisty Sam Puckett (Jennette McCurdy) and daffy Cat Valentine (Ariana Grande) become best buddies and unlikely roommates. They love their freedom and independence, but quickly realize that fun and adventure do not come cheap. Rather than get traditional after-school jobs, Sam and Cat become teen entrepreneurs by starting their own babysitting business.

Gibby (Nickelodeon pilot/working title) – Noah Munck reprises his role as Gibby in the spin-off from iCarly creator Dan Schneider. In the comedy pilot, Gibby takes a job at The Bixby, a recreational center where kids of all ages hang out, socialize, play sports and take unique classes. Gibby becomes a mentor to four quirky middle-schoolers, helping them break out of their shells and embrace life in true “Gibbehhh” style.

The Haunted Hathaways (Nickelodeon pilot/working title) -- Life in The Big Easy gets a little more complicated and way more spirited when the Hathaway siblings move into a house occupied by a family of ghosts. The pilot is written by Robert Peacock, who served as writer/producer on several series over the last decade including Reba, The Jeff Foxworthy Show and Coupling.

The Thundermans (Nickelodeon pilot/working title) – Written by Jed Spingarn, The Thundermans follows 13-year-old Phoebe Thunderman, who just wants to be normal, but that’s impossible when she comes from a family of superheroes. While most superheroes are lucky to have one power, Phoebe happens to have 12. So much for normal! A longtime producer for Nickelodeon, Spingarn most recently served as co-executive producer of the hit series Big Time Rush and prior to that, produced on Nickelodeon’s The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius and Johnny Bravo.

Instant Mom (Nick at Nite pilot/working title) – Instant Mom centers on a 25-year-old party girl who trades in Cosmos for carpools when she marries an older man with kids. The project is executive produced by Aaron Kaplan (GCB, Terra Nova) with Warren Bell (Ellen, According to Jim, What I Like About You) and Jessica Butler (According to Jim, In Plain Sight) serving as writers/executive producers.

ANIMATION

Nickelodeon, the top producer of television animation in the U.S., is in production on three new series and two new pilots.

Current Productions:

Sanjay & Craig (Nickelodeon series) – A classic tale of boy meets snake, this 20-episode, 2D-animated series follows two best buds who dedicate their lives to becoming the coolest, most rebellious dudes in the neighborhood. Sanjay & Craig is created by Jim Dirschberger, Jay Howell and Andreas Trolf, and executive produced by Nick alumni Will McRobb and Chris Viscardi (The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Alvin and the Chipmunks).

Monsters vs. Aliens (Nickelodeon series) – An extension of the blockbuster movie, the all-new CG-animated television series features the lovable monsters and a whole new group of nefarious aliens living and working together at Area 50-something. Greenlit for 26 episodes, the series will be executive produced by Bob Schooley, Mark McCorkle and Brett Haaland (The Penguins of Madagascar).

Monty and Norville (Nickelodeon preschool series/working title) – Monty and Norville follows the adventures of a five-year-old troll named Monty and his dragon friend Norville. With the help of viewers at home, Monty can use his magic stick to make incredible things happen as long as he uses the right words. The new animated 26-episode series, created by Adam Peltzman (head writer, Blue’s Clues, The Backyardigans), will introduce a literacy curriculum to Nickelodeon’s preschool audience.

Pilots:

Bad Seeds (Nickelodeon pilot) – From SpongeBob SquarePants alumnus and Chowder creator Carl Greenblatt, Bad Seeds is about a good bird running with the bad crowd… and having a great time!

Blaze and the Monster Machines (Nickelodeon preschool pilot/working title) – Blaze and the Monster Machines is a CG-animated, interactive program about an eight-year-old boy named AJ and his incredible monster truck Blaze. AJ, Blaze and their friend Maddie fight their arch nemesis Crusher along with a fleet of other trucks. The series features a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) curriculum and is created by Jeff Borkin (head writer, Team Umizoomi, Little Einsteins) and Ellen Martin (producer, Bubble Guppies, The Backyardigans).

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

Cartoon Network got a head-start on its upfronts this year. Instead of holding a big party for their advertisers like networks usually do, they're actually bringing the party to their advertisers. Here's what they're announcing (besides the aforementioned cancellations):

Cartoon Network posted:

CARTOON NETWORK NEW SERIES

Incredible Crew: Incredible Crew, is a live-action, half-hour, sketch comedy series from producer and entertainer Nick Cannon. Every episode of this high-energy, fast-paced show delivers hilarious comedy bits, outrageous hidden camera pranks, original music videos and commercial parodies all with a distinct attitude—a contemporary blend of internet sensibility mixed with kid imagination. Incredible Crew showcases six up-and-coming young comedy stars featured in diverse roles in every genre Shauna Case (American Horror Story), Shameik Moore (Joyful Noise), Tristan Pasterick, Chanelle Peloso (Level Up), Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time) and Brandon Soo Hoo (Enders Game, Tropic Thunder). Nick Cannon serves as executive producer of Incredible Crew along with Michael Goldman and Scott Tomlinson. The series is produced by Cartoon Network Studios in association with NCredible Entertainment.

Steven Universe: Slated to debut in 2013, Steven Universe is a coming-of-age story told from the perspective of Steven, the youngest member of a team of magical Guardians of the Universe. The animated series was conceived as part of the shorts development initiative at Cartoon Network Studios, and is created by Emmy® and Annie Award-nominated writer and storyboard artist Rebecca Sugar (Adventure Time). Sugar is Cartoon Network’s first solo female show creator.

Uncle Grandpa: Also slated for 2013, Uncle Grandpa is based upon the Emmy®-nominated short of the same name and follows the exploits of Uncle Grandpa—everyone in the world’s “magical” uncle and grandpa. Created and executive produced by Pete Browngardt (creator of Cartoon Network’s Emmy®, Annie and Annecy Cristal Award-winning Secret Mountain Fort Awesome), Uncle Grandpa was conceived as part of the shorts development program at Cartoon Network Studios.

Clarence: From creator Skyler Page, Clarence is a new original animated series about an optimistic boy who wants to do everything. Because everything is amazing! Clarence was conceived as part of the shorts development program at Cartoon Network Studios.
Teen Titans Go!: Featuring the return of Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg in all-new, comedic adventures, Teen Titans Go! will premiere in April 2013. Character-driven comedy is the order of the day as this new take on the superhero series focuses on the funny business that happens between saving the world and living together as teenagers without adult supervision. The series stars the principal voice cast from the original Teen Titans, and is produced by Warner Bros. Animation.

Beware the Batman: A cool, new take on the classic Dark Knight franchise, Beware the Batman incorporates Batman’s core characters with a rogue gallery of new villains not previously seen in animated form. Along with backup from ex-secret agent Alfred and lethal swordstress Katana, the Dark Knight faces the twisted machinations of Gotham City’s criminal underworld led by the likes of Anarky, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad and Magpie. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, this action-packed detective thriller deftly redefines what we have come to know as a “Batman show.” Featuring cutting-edge CGI visuals, Beware the Batman, based on characters from DC Comics, is coming to Cartoon Network’s DC Nation block in Summer 2013.

Legends of Chima: In the mystical land of CHIMA, Laval the Lion and Cragger the Crocodile are the best of friends. An innocent escapade results in Cragger getting his first experience with the CHI, a powerful and sacred resource important to the delicate balance of CHIMA. The CHI gives awesome power to the user but needs to be managed carefully and certainly not by young adventurous animals. From LEGO, creator of Cartoon Network’s powerhouse action-adventure series Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, Legends of Chima will premiere in Summer 2013.

Grojband: 12-year-old Corey is the front man for a rockin’ garage band. There’s just one problem: Corey’s lyrics stink. He just can’t think of anything cool to write about, until…he finds his sister’s diary that’s full of “teen angst and junk” and decides to use each diary entry as inspiration for crowd pleasing, heart stopping, foot stomping hit songs. Grojband is distributed by FremantleMedia Ltd. and produced by Fresh TV, creator of the hit animated reality franchise Total Drama Island.

The Tom and Jerry Show: The iconic cat and mouse rivals are back in The Tom and Jerry Show, a fresh take on the classic series. Preserving the look, characters and sensibility of the original, the all-new series shines a brightly colored, high-definition lens on the madcap slapstick and never-ending battle that has made Tom and Jerry two of the most beloved characters of all time. The Tom and Jerry Show is produced by Warner Bros. Animation.

Total Drama All Stars: Total Drama is back, but this time the team at Fresh TV have assembled the best loved and most hated contestants from seasons past to compete – Heroes vs. Villains style! Total Drama Island is produced by Fresh TV and distributed by CAKE Distribution.

SPECIALS AND MOVIES

Adventure Time Special: Highly-regarded comedic actors Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother) and Donald Glover (Community) will be featured in a special episode of Cartoon Network’s hit animated series Adventure Time. The episode, “Bad Little Boy,” is slated to premiere February 18 as part of the series’ fifth and current season. Reprising his role as Prince Gumball from season three’s much-loved gender switch episode “Adventure Time with Fionna and Cake,” Neil Patrick Harriswill join Donald Glover, as Marshall Lee, the musical male counterpart to fan favorite Marceline the Vampire Queen in this second installment of the Fionna and Cake (derived from Finn and Jake) saga. In this special episode, the princesses are sick and tired of Ice King’s crazy Fionna and Cake stories, so Marceline stops by the Ice Kingdom to show him how it’s done.

Regular Show Special: Regular Show, Cartoon Network’s Emmy® Award-winning animated comedy featuring best friends Mordecai, a six-foot-tall blue jay and Rigby, a hyperactive raccoon, is slated for a 30-minute Thanksgiving special, Regular Show style. Mordecai and Rigby accidentally ruin Thanksgiving and must find a way to save it before their families arrive for dinner. The gang pulls together to help make it the best Thanksgiving ever! Regular Show, currently in its’ fourth season, has become an instant hit continually ranking #1 in its time period among all key boy demos across all of television according to Nielsen Media Research.

The Powerpuff Girls Special: “Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice…plus a dash of mysterious Chemical X” were the essential ingredients that created Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup—also known as The Powerpuff Girls. This groundbreaking and Emmy®-winning series, created by Craig McCracken, ran on Cartoon Network from 1998-2005 and will soar again as a brand-new, redesigned and re-imagined CG special coming in 2013 where the trio of pint-sized super heroines will be called upon to rescue not just the city of Townsville, but the USA and the world! Featuring an original song “I Wish I Was A Powerpuff Girl” performed by Beatles legend Ringo Starr, who also portrays Townsville’s most famous flamboyant mathematician, “Fibonacci Sequins,” this all-new original special comes from a powerhouse creative team featuring animation talent from around the globe including acclaimed director Dave Smith and award-winning art director Kevin Dart and is produced by Cartoon Network Studios in association with UK’s Passion Pictures. The special also features the original voice cast reprising their iconic roles and will premiere later this year.

The Yoda Chronicles: LEGO Star Wars returns in epic style with THE YODA CHRONICLES, a thrilling, funny and action-packed new LEGO Star Wars story told in three animated TV specials! Set in the “Prequel” Star Wars timeline, THE YODA CHRONICLES stars the one and only Yoda—the Jedi Master who has seen it all, done it all, and taught generations of Jedi Knights—in an all-new adventure. With the help of a fresh class of Padawans, Yoda leads the Jedi in a desperate fight to stop Darth Sidious and his minions from creating a new super-weapon that could crush the Republic and win the war for the forces of Evil.

The Yoda Chronicles is the next in the series of LEGO Star Wars specials from Michael Price, which previously featured The Padawan Menace and The Empire Strikes Out. Apparently, neither Craig McCracken nor Lauren Faust are involved with the new Powerpuff Girls special, which isn't surprising given as they're doing a series for Disney now.

Here's a poster for Steven Universe (Rebecca Sugar is from Adventure Time- she wrote most of the original songs- so it's not surprising that it has a similar look) and a photo that may or may not be how the Powerpuff Girls will look in the new special, but it seems probable since it is very much in Kevin Dart's style (although I'm also getting a bit of a Mary Blair "It's a Small World" vibe off of it as well):

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

Is there any word at all when they'll be finishing off Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated? Or should I not hold my breath?

EDIT: For gently caress's sake, they already started airing in New Zealand. NEW ZEALAND.

Cartoon Network posted:

RETURNING SERIES/SPECIALS
- Adventure Time
- Regular Show
- Annoying Orange
- MAD
- The Amazing World of Gumball
- The Looney Tunes Show
- Ben 10 Omniverse
- Dreamworks Dragons: Riders of Berk
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc.
- Johnny Test
- Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova
- Beyblade Metal Fury
- Almost Naked Animals
- Scaredy Squirrel

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

Upon reading up on the Linda Ellerbee IGN thing (combined with the fact that she even put a shoutout to them in an episode about, appropriately, cyberbullying as proof it was really her), I too am part of the "Linda Ellerbee is awesome" camp. Especially when she wrote stuff like this:

Linda Ellerbee posted:

Now, as for the recent thread entitled "Linda Ellerbee sure is a fat, disgusting skanky ho," I want to point out that you are a bully. Also, you have an unfair advantage, as you know what I look like, whereas I've no idea what you, who hide your hurtful words behind little postage stamp characters and funny names, look like. But never mind. You're young. Maybe you'll grow some human kindness. Or at least some more brains. I am overweight, true. Am I disgusting? A judgment call. Same with skanky. HO, I am not, unless you consider all writers to be HOs. Still, it has the feel of calling someone a poo-poo head. My four-year-old grandson does that. I suspect you have much in common.

As for calling me an "old bitch" and thinking it's an insult...well, wrong. "Old," my dear, is what you get to be if you're lucky. And "bitch" does not strike me as an insult either. In my case, it is certainly true.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

Nickelodeon, who for the first time ever is in the unusual position of having their square pants handed to them by their competition, is #2 in the upfront-go-round this year, and they seem poised to get out of SpongeBob overabundance by copying what Disney and CN have been doing.

Nickelodeon posted:

ANIMATION:

Sanjay & Craig – The 20-episode series tells the story of two best friends–one of whom is a snake–and the true adventures of being a kid. Voice actors include: Maulik Pancholy (30 Rock) as Sanjay; Chris Hardwick (Nerdist, Back at the Barnyard) as Craig; Tony Hale (Arrested Development) as Mr. Noodman; Linda Cardellini (Freaks and Geeks) as Megan; Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) as Vijay; and Grey DeLisle (Fairly Odd Parents) as Darlene. Sanjay & Craig is created and co-executive produced by Jim Dirschberger , Jay Howell (character design for Bob’s Burgers) and Andreas Trolf , and executive produced by Nickelodeon alumni Will McRobb and Chris Viscardi (The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Alvin and the Chipmunks).

Monsters vs. Aliens – Inspired by DreamWorks Animation’s 2009 blockbuster feature film ($383 million worldwide gross), this new series follows the further adventures of the beloved monsters — B.O.B., the gelatinous blob without a brain; Link, the prehistoric fish-man; Dr. Cockroach, the half-man/half-insect mad scientist; and Susan (aka Ginormica), the incredible growing woman — as they learn to adapt to a new world filled with bizarre aliens. This series, which is greenlit for 26 episodes, marks the third partnership between Nickelodeon and DreamWorks Animation.

Rabbids – This series brings to television the hysterical physical comedy that is the hallmark in Ubisoft’s wildly successful Rabbids video games. Irreverent, unpredictable and silly, the Rabbids are a mysterious breed of rabbit-like creatures that explore, and often wreak havoc, in the human world. Everything is a source of wonder and amusement, and these indestructible and uncontrollable creatures have absolutely no respect for the social rules that govern society. For them, there are no laws, no rules of the road. It’s all about having fun and saying “Bwaaaaaah!” Nickelodeon has secured global broadcast rights for 26 new half-hour CG episodes of Rabbids, which will be produced by Ubisoft.

Breadwinners – Created by Gary “Doodles” DiRaffaele (MAD, Metalocalypse), who was discovered from Nick’s 2012 Animated Shorts Program, and Steve Borst (Teen Titans Go!, MAD), Breadwinners follows two booty-shaking ducks as they operate a bread delivery service out of their awesome, jet-fueled rocket van. The series was picked up for 20 full-length episodes.
Nickelodeon has renewed its Animated Shorts Program, as a further commitment to produce hit animated content for kids. Last year, more than 600 pitches were collected during Nickelodeon’s inaugural program. From the pitches, 12 were created and five are in series development. All 12 shorts will air on the network, or appear on https://www.nick.com or on Nickelodeon’s new app, which launched Feb. 21.
Nickelodeon also announced a third season pick up of its hit Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series, which was 2012′s number-one new animated program with boys 2-11 across all TV. Season two is currently in production.

For the 2013-14 season, the network will also roll out new episodes of returning hit animated series, including season two of The Legend of Korra, SpongeBob SquarePants, The Fairly OddParents, Winx Club, T.U.F.F. Puppy, Kung Fu Panda : Legends of Awesomeness and Robot and Monster.

LIVE ACTION:

The Haunted Hathaways – Life in The Big Easy gets a little more complicated and way more spirited when the Hathaway siblings ( Amber Montana , Breanna Yde ) and their mom ( Ginifer King ) move into a house already occupied by a dad ( Chico Benymon ) and his sons ( Curtis Harris , Benjamin “Lil P-Nut” Flores Jr.) who happen to be ghosts. Created by veteran comedy writer-producer Robert Peacock (Reba, The Jeff Foxworthy Show), The Haunted Hathaways is executive produced by Boyce Bugliari & Jamie McLaughlin (Bucket & Skinner’s Epic Adventures). The series will begin production on 20 episodes this spring.

Wendell & Vinnie – A brand-new, live-action family comedy featuring Jerry Trainor (iCarly) in his first starring and producing role, this series follows 30-year-old Vinnie Bassett (Trainor) living the life of a carefree bachelor, when he suddenly becomes the legal guardian of his precocious, wise-beyond-his-years nephew, Wendell ( Buddy Handleson , Shake It Up) forming a hysterical odd-couple family dynamic. Nicole Sullivan ( Rita Rocks , MadTV) also stars as Vinnie’s older unlucky-in-love sister, Wilma, with Haley Strode (Gangster Squad) as Vinnie’s newly divorced neighbor and love interest, Taryn. Wendell & Vinnie, which has received has received a 20 episode order. The series airs regularly on Saturdays at 8p.m. (ET/PT).

Sam & Cat – In this comedic spin-off from award-winning creator and executive producer Dan Schneider (iCarly, Victorious, Drake & Josh, Zoey 101), Sam & Cat stars Jennette McCurdy (iCarly‘s Sam Puckett ) and Ariana Grande (Victorious’ Cat Valentine) reprising their roles from their respective hit shows. The series features the pair as unlikely roommates and best friends who become teen entrepreneurs by starting their own after-school babysitting business. Sam & Cat is currently in production on 20 episodes in Los Angeles and will premiere this fall.

The Thundermans – The Thundermans are a typical suburban family who happen to have astounding superpowers. At the center of the action are the 14-year-old Thunderman twins, Max ( Jack Griffo ) and Phoebe ( Kira Kosarin ), who share the same bathroom, the same school and the same annoying younger siblings. Their only difference? Phoebe is a super student with a super sunny disposition who super looks forward to being a superhero someday, and Max aspires to become a super villain. The 13-episode series will commence production this spring and is written by longtime Nickelodeon producer Jed Spingarn , who most recently served as co-executive producer of the hit series Big Time Rush and prior to that, produced on The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius and Johnny Bravo.

Nick Studio 10 – This live, daily afternoon daypart features four friends who make and share outrageously funny content in real time. Beginning this spring, content created on the show will also migrate from on-air to the recently launched Nick App , and content from the app will also be featured on the series.

Awesomeness (working title) – Nickelodeon is partnering with Brian Robbins (Smallville, One Tree Hill, Coach Carter) to co-develop a new half-hour sketch comedy show that features a mix of new and existing content from the extremely popular online site AwesomenessTV.
Nickelodeon will also premiere more new episodes of its hit live-action series, including Big Time Rush, Marvin Marvin and See Dad Run.

PRESCHOOL:

Dora and Friends – An original, animated Dora the Explorer spin-off, Dora and Friends: Into the City stars Latina heroine Dora as a 10-year-old who goes on city adventures with a group of new friends. Fantastical twists and turns abound as the stories take Dora and her friends into exotic magical worlds waiting to be explored. Dora and Friends features a curriculum that fosters a child’s understanding of Spanish, teamwork, music and community service. The series has been picked up for 20 episodes and will launch on Nickelodeon in 2014.

Wallykazam – This new animated series is Nickelodeon’s first literacy show for preschoolers that embeds the curriculum into a rich narrative story, with the goal of helping kids fall in love with words and inspiring them to read. The original comedy follows the adventures of a boy named Wally Trollman and his pet dragon, Norville. Wally has a magic stick that makes words come to life and playfully transforms the world around him. Wallykazam! is currently in production on 26 episodes that will premiere on Nickelodeon in 2014.

Blaze and the Monster Machines – This original CG-animated series introduces preschoolers to the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). This is the first preschool show that features a curriculum dedicated to all areas of STEM. Viewers will join an eight-year-old boy named AJ and his incredible monster truck Blaze on super-sized adventures. AJ and the viewer help Blaze as they explore the physics of how things move, master mathematics and discover how everyday technologies work. The series, which received a 20-episode order, will debut on Nickelodeon in 2014.

Peter Rabbit – This new CG-animated series is a reimagining of the popular Beatrix Potter children’s books based on the beloved Peter Rabbit character, which have sold over 250 million copies worldwide and have been translated into 35 languages. The series follows the adventures of Peter Rabbit and his best friends Benjamin Bunny and Lily Bobtail. Peter Rabbit features educational goals that encourage preschoolers to learn problem-solving and interpersonal skills, self-efficacy, resilience, positive re-framing and fosters an interest in nature. The series, which received a 26-episode order, launched on Feb. 19 and posted double-digit gains and won its time period across all cable with kids 2-5, adults 18-49 and total viewers.

Here's the Breadwinners short, which definitely seems to have a Regular Show vibe to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vls-7QPgiBk

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

The new shows coming out of the kid cable pipeline really seem to be of the "creator-driven series where the creator is a young CalArts graduate" variety. Pen Ward, J.G. Quintel, and Alex Hirsch all fit that description, and now we can add another. It's nice to see new cartoons with female creators, and this sounds like it can be a fun action/comedy mix if done right.

Disney Channel posted:

Disney Channel has ordered “Star and the Forces of Evil” (working title), an animated comedy adventure about a fun-loving magical teen princess from another dimension who — after a few bold skirmishes with other-worldly monsters — is sent by her Royal Parents to live with the Diaz family on Earth. Eden Sher (ABC’s “The Middle”) provides the voice of the lead character, Star Butterfly. Production has begun for a scheduled Fall 2014 premiere. The announcement was made today by Eric Coleman, Senior Vice President, Original Series, Disney Television Animation.

Artist and writer Daron Nefcy is the series creator and co-executive producer. She is a 2009 California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) graduate whose work has been showcased throughout the Los Angeles underground art community. Her television credits include recent work on Disney Channel’s upcoming animated series, “Wander Over Yonder,” and the Warner Bros. animated series “MAD.” Emmy and Annie Award-winning director Dave Wasson (“The Buzz on Maggie,” “Making Fiends”) is co-executive producer and director, and Annie Award-winning writer Jordana Arkin (“Melissa and Joey,” “Will & Grace”) is co-executive producer and story editor.

Coleman said: “Disney continues to focus on discovering fresh voices in animation. When Daron pitched her show, we fell in love with her characters, her style and her sensibility. And with the deep talent and experience of Dave Wasson and Jordana Arkin, this show furthers our commitment to create great new stories for kids and families.”

“Star and the Forces of Evil” tells the stories of other-worldly teen princess Star Butterfly, who must settle in to her new Earthly home with the Diaz family. Soon she takes their teenage son, Marco, on adventures to help her battle evil villains, whether throughout the universe or in their high school, all in an effort to protect her powerful magic wand… which Star still figuring out how to use.

mobo85 fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 8, 2013

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

You are indeed correct and I apologize. I was thinking of the fact that many modern cartoon creators right now are either young or CalArts graduates. I knew off the top of my head that Hirsch was, and after discovering that Quintel and Ward also fit both qualifiers, I mistakenly lumped Sugar in there as well. (Get it? Sugar? Lumped? That's a joke, son!)

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

Disney introduced a new cartoon character today: some sort of mouse in pants. (All joking aside, I'm amazed at the fact that they've been able to make Mickey entertaining again.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhjTlW10cUg

Here's what else Disney has up their sleeve (at least we're getting good new animation):

Disney posted:

DISNEY CHANNEL

“Liv & Maddie” (working title) – 17-year-old newcomer Dove Cameron plays the dual role of identical twins in this upcoming sitcom. Ms. Cameron will also star in “Cloud 9,” a Disney Channel Original Movie premiering in 2014 (see below). The series was created by John Beck and Ron Hart (both of “According to Jim”). John Peaslee, Andy Fickman (“The Game Plan,” “Race to Witch Mountain”) and Betsy Sullenger are also executive producers. Cameron plays identical twins — an outstanding student and school basketball phenomenon whose popularity is on the rise until her twin sister, a television star, makes a triumphant return to their Wisconsin high school. Also starring are: Benjamin King, Kali Rocha, Joey Bragg and Tenzing Norgay Trainor.

“Star and the Forces of Evil” (working title) – this animated comedy adventure introduces Star Butterfly, a fun-loving magical teen princess from another dimension who — after a few bold skirmishes with other-worldly monsters — is sent by her Royal Parents to live with the Diaz family on Earth. Eden Sher (ABC’s “The Middle”) provides the voice of the lead character. Production has begun for a scheduled Fall 2014 premiere. Artist and writer Daron Nefcy is the series creator and co-executive producer. Dave Wasson is co-executive producer and director and Jordana Arkin is story editor. The series is from Disney Television Animation.

“Teen Beach Movie”– the Disney Channel Original Movie franchise — which introduced a generation of kids and tweens to movie musicals — will premiere the highly anticipated “Teen Beach Movie,” a modern take on classic beach party movies, FRIDAY, JULY 19 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT). Starring are Ross Lynch (“Austin & Ally” and Hollywood Records’ R5) and Maia Mitchell (ABC Family’s upcoming “The Fosters”) as Brady and McKenzie, surfers who ride the last wave of summer, one that mysteriously takes them into a classic beach party movie, Wet Side Story. There, it’s surfers versus bikers for control of the beach hangout…and everyone spontaneously breaks into song and dance. Brady and McKenzie must try to return to present day, but their lives may be changed forever when they inadvertently alter the movie’s romantic storyline — and the movie’s handsome surf guy Tanner is now falling for McKenzie while biker girl Lela swoons for Brady. Also starring are: Grace Phipps (“The Nine Lives of Chloe King”), Garrett Clayton, John DeLuca, Chrissie Fit (“General Hospital”), Kevin Chamberlin (“Jessie”) and Steve Valentine (“Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie”). The movie was directed by Jeffrey Hornaday (Disney Channel’s “Geek Charming,” choreographer of “A Chorus Line,” “Flashdance”) who also choreographed with Chris Scott (“Lemonade Mouth,” “Step Up 4″). David Buelow (“Bring It On: Fight to the Finish”) is the executive producer and Robert F. Phillips (“Teen Spirit,” “Valkyrie”) is the producer.

“Cloud 9″ – multi-talented Ashley Tisdale and snowboarding superstar Shaun White are the executive producers of this Disney Channel Original Movie, an exhilarating story set in the world of competitive snowboarding. Starring Luke Benward (“Girl Vs. Monster”) and newcomer Dove Cameron (who also stars in an upcoming Disney Channel series “Liv & Maddie” – working title), the movie is scheduled to premiere next winter on Disney Channel. “Cloud 9″ is directed by three-time DGA Award winner Paul Hoen (“Let It Shine,” “Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam,”). In addition to White and Tisdale, the movie is executive-produced by Jessica Rhoades (“Under Construction,” “Beauty & the Briefcase”) and Kirkland Tibbels.

“Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel” — the highly-anticipated animated adventure that assembles characters from two hugely popular Disney and Marvel franchises, “Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel,” premieres this summer on Disney Channel and Disney XD. Marking the first crossover animated special for Marvel and Disney properties, the epic television event will follow Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk as they enter Danville after Dr. Doofenshmirtz’s latest “inator” scheme accidentally removes their powers and immobilizes them. Now it’s up to Phineas and Ferb to team up with the Marvel Super Heroes to help them regain their powers and defeat Marvel Super Villains – Red Skull, Whiplash, Venom and M.O.D.O.K. – who are working together with Dr. Doofenshmirtz to use his power-draining technology to create mayhem. “Phineas and Ferb” creators and executive producers Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh designed Marvel’s Super Heroes and Super Villains including Red Skull, Whiplash, Venom and M.O.D.O.K. to fit the Danville world of the Emmy Award-winning series. It is a production of Disney Television Animation.

“Wander Over Yonder” – premiering in summer 2013, this animated comedy, created, directed and executive-produced by Emmy-winning producer Craig McCracken (“The Powerpuff Girls”, “Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends”), is about best friends and epic enemies, set in surreal places across the universe. Wander is an overly-optimistic intergalactic traveler who, along with his loyal but bullish steed Sylvia, goes from planet to planet helping people to live free and have fun, all against the evil reign of Lord Hater and his army of Watchdogs. The voice cast includes Jack McBrayer (“30 Rock,” “Phineas and Ferb”), Keith Ferguson (“Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends”) and Tom Kenny (“SpongeBob SquarePants”). “Wander Over Yonder” is a production of Disney Television Animation.

“Mickey Mouse” – The endearing, adventurous and comedic antics of Mickey Mouse, Disney’s #1 star and the world’s leading character franchise, will be presented in a new short-form series of 2D comedy cartoons. This new series of 19 cartoon shorts will begin rolling out FRIDAY, JUNE 28 on Disney Channel, Disney.com and WATCH Disney Channel, among other platforms. While the direction and pacing of the new “Mickey Mouse” cartoon shorts are fresh and contemporary, they are at the same time homage to the art direction and storytelling of Walt and his animators in the 1920s and ’30s.

Geared towards kids age 6-14 and families, and produced in 2D animation, the design esthetic for the “Mickey Mouse” cartoon shorts reaches back almost 80 years and borrows reverentially from the bold style of his 1930s design, but not before adding a few contemporary touches. Designs for other characters have a similar approach, favoring a “rubber-hose” cartoon style for more exaggerated animation. Background designs closely reflect the graphic design sense of 1950s and 1960s Disney cartoons. For those true eagle-eyed Disney fans, the production team has also included the occasional homage to other icons from the storied Disney heritage. Stories in the upcoming cartoon shorts include: “Yodelberg” — Mickey longs to visit Minnie atop her mountaintop chalet but quickly realizes that the threat of avalanche has made the trek up the mountain more challenging than usual. In “No Service,” Mickey and Donald try to buy lunch from a beachside snack shack but are unceremoniously turned down because of the classic “No shirt, no shoes, no service” admonition (of course, Mickey doesn’t wear a shirt and Donald doesn’t wear shoes!).

Emmy Award-winning artist and director Paul Rudish (“Dexter’s Laboratory,” “The Powerpuff Girls”) is the executive producer and director. Aaron Springer (“SpongeBob SquarePants, “Gravity Falls”) and Clay Morrow (“Dexter’s Laboratory,” “The Powerpuff Girls”) are directors, and Joseph Holt (“The Powerpuff Girls”) is the art director. The series is produced under the supervision of senior vice presidents Eric Coleman and Lisa Salamone at Walt Disney Television Animation (TVA).

DISNEY XD

“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble” — this animated series follows the great adventures of Marvel’s favorite super heroes, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Falcon. A special one-hour preview will be presented SUNDAY, MAY 26, followed by the series premiere on SUNDAY, JULY 7. Starring are Adrian Pasdar as Iron Man, Fred Tatasciore reprising his role as Hulk, Roger Craig Smith as Captain America, Travis Willingham as Thor, Troy Baker as Hawkeye, Laura Bailey as Black Widow and Bumper Robinson as Falcon. Man of Action Studios (“Ben 10,” “Generator Rex”) — comprised of Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, Duncan Rouleau and Steven T. Seagle — are executive producers.

“Hulk and the Agents S.M.A.S.H.” — in this never before seen team up of Hulk, his cousin She-Hulk, A-Bomb, Red Hulk and Skaar, Marvel’s mightiest super heroes form an eccentric family living under one roof, working together to tackle threats that are too enormous for other heroes to handle. From trying to house break their giant red pet T-Rex to stopping Ego the Living Planet from crashing into the Earth, the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. must learn to balance Hulk-sized action with everyday family-sized problems. The series premieres SUNDAY, AUGUST 11 (11:00 a.m., ET/PT). Starring are: Fred Tatasciore as Hulk, Clancy Brown as Red Hulk, Eliza Dushku as She-Hulk, Ben Diskin as Skaar and Seth Green as A-Bomb. The creative talents of Paul Dini (“Batman: The Animated Series,” “Lost”) and Henry Gilroy (“Star Wars: The Clone Wars”) have been tapped for this series.

DISNEY JUNIOR

“Henry Hugglemonster” – this animated series, premiering in April on the 24-hour Disney Junior channel, follows the adventures of fun-loving five-year-old Henry Hugglemonster, the middle child in a madcap monster family. Based on the book series I’m a Happy Hugglewug by Niamh Sharkey, the series is produced by Brown Bag Films (“Doc McStuffins”). The guest voice cast includes Geri Halliwell, Brenda Blethyn and Brain Blessed. Cathal Gaffney and Darragh O’Connell are the executive producers, along with Niamh Sharkey. The series is a production of the Brown Bag Films (“Doc McStuffins”).

“Sheriff Callie’s Wild West” — this animated series, debuting in September 2013 on the 24-hour Disney Junior channel and programming block, is the first western for preschoolers, with Mandy Moore (Disney’s “Tangled”) as the voice of a kitty cat sheriff whose job is to ensure that the town of Nice and Friendly Corners remains the friendliest town in the West. The series was created by Denis Morella and George Evelyn and developed for television by Holly Huckins. Morella, Evelyn and Huckins serve as executive producers. It is a production of DHX Media in association with Disney Junior.

“The 7D” – this animated series presents an innovative, comedic look at the Seven Dwarfs before Snow White’s arrival, this time in a contemporary storybook world designed for viewers age 2-7 and their families. Slated to debut in 2014 on Disney Junior channels and programming blocks around the world, it takes place in the whimsical world of Jollywood, where Queen Delightful relies on the 7D – Happy, Bashful, Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey, Grumpy and Doc – to keep the kingdom in order. Standing in their way are two laughably evil villains, Grim and Hildy Gloom, who plot to take over the kingdom by stealing the magical jewels in the 7D’s mine. With seven very distinct personalities, the 7D always manage to save the day and send Grim and Hildy running back to their evil lair to try another day. The executive producer is Tom Ruegger. Alfred Gimeno is the director and Sherri Stoner is the story editor. The characters are designed by Noah Z. Jones. The series is from Disney Television Animation.

The exciting 2013-14 slate also includes new episodes of the hit sitcoms “Good Luck Charlie,” “A.N.T. Farm,” “Jessie,” “Austin & Ally,” “Shake It Up” and “Dog With A Blog,” and the animated series “Gravity Falls” and “Phineas and Ferb” for Disney Channel; and new seasons of the Disney XD series “Kickin’ It,” “Lab Rats,” “Crash & Bernstein” and “Ultimate Spider-Man.”

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

raditts posted:

Have those really not started coming out yet? They released the first one back in March.
http://www.slashfilm.com/watch-disneys-new-mickey-mouse-short-film-croissant-de-triomphe/

The first one airs Friday night, although Disney has put it up on its website.

ETA: This looks like it will be far better than any of us could have expected it to be. I couldn't stop laughing at NOW I'M IRON MAN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-rKOtImwVw

mobo85 fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 25, 2013

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

Since Namco using animation to promote its properties was brought up, mention should be made of their ShiftyLook initiative, which features a number of interesting web comics based on some of their more obscure properties. ShiftyLook recently launched a web series based on their Bravoman comic which is of surprisingly good quality for a webtoon. Although of course not a animated TV series on a kids cable network, I think it's worth mentioning both as a addition to the Namco promotional derail and the fact that it wouldn't be out of place in terms of humor and style on Kids WB in the late '90s. (The fact that Rob Paulsen does most of the voices helps with that.) Here is an amusingly relative sample.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kLPzHha4f0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMn5wlSliEg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xfkMmGB4gM

Soup du Jour posted:

Pretty interesting news. Are they the first of the Nick/Cartoon Network/Disney trifecta to have a gay couple appear in any capacity?

This is probably the first fictional representation. As the article points out, Disney had a real gay couple make a brief appearance in an interstitial about a real-life boy and his love of filmmaking. When introducing himself, the boy quickly introduces his life and "my moms". Much like the aforementioned Postcards from Buster situation that had the Department of Education involved (and, I assume, the upcoming Good Luck Charlie episode), it was very brief and had no mention of the words "gay" or "lesbian", but fueled strong commentary from both sides of the debate, with the gay rights movement calling it a step forward for representation and the opposing side, as usual, blaming the gay agenda or what have you.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

Well, this was inevitable...and by "inevitable", of course, I mean completely evitable. The Marvel crossover looks hilarious, though, and knowing the usual output of the show (and all the sci-fi pastiches they've done in the past) I'm expecting this will be just as interesting.

quote:

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away -- in summer -- Phineas and Ferb are living happily on Tatooine, just one moisture farm over from Luke Skywalker. They love simply hanging out and creating new adventures under the twin suns, however, they find themselves thrust into a global rebellion when the plans for blowing up the Death Star accidentally fall into their hands.

Now that fate has suddenly pulled them into the fight for freedom, they must go in search of a pilot who can take them to the Rebels so they can hand over the plans. Complicating matters, Candace -- the boys' sister -- has a Stormtrooper-like intent on "busting rebels" who chase Phineas and Ferb across the galaxy in hopes of retrieving the Death Star plans.

Meanwhile, back on the Death Star, Dr. Darth Enshmirtz, a low level Darth, has created a Force-powered "Sith-inator" that he plans to use against the Rebel Alliance. Agent P, working undercover for the Rebellion, is dispatched to stop him, but quickly gets trapped in carbonite. Then, things take a startling turn when Ferb is accidentally hit by the full blast of Dr. Darth Enschmirtz's "inator" and becomes...an evil Sith.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

It looks like it's going to be a "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead" style thing where Phineas and Ferb's story is taking place in the background of A New Hope, which is actually a clever way to do it, in my opinion:

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

Even given the aforementioned departure of Stu Snyder, Cartoon Network seems like it's at least trying to innovate. They've announced a mobile network which will feature original 15-second programs, and today announced its upcoming slate. (It's upfront season, but of the major kid cable networks, only Nickelodeon is actually doing a real "upfront" - the rest are going directly to advertisers, a concept CN pioneered last year.) It's a mainly comedy-oriented lineup, but what's there - especially Wabbit and We Bare Bears (which was based on a webcomic) - looks like it could be fun.

Cartoon Network posted:

NEW ORIGINAL AND ACQUIRED PROGRAMMING

OVER THE GARDEN WALL: Headlined by an all-star voice-cast that includes Elijah Wood (Lord of the Rings Trilogy), Collin Dean (The War at Home) and Melanie Lynskey (Two and a Half Men), Over the Garden Wall is Cartoon Network’s first event mini-series, an animated comedy/fantasy story about two brothers, Wirt and Greg, who are trapped in a mysterious world. In this ten-part mini-series, Wirt and Greg must travel across this strange land until they find their way home, aided by a wise old Woodsman who gives them directions and a bluebird named Beatrice. Music plays an important role in the series with a soundtrack full of Americana-influenced original songs. Over The Garden Wall is created by Pat McHale and produced by Cartoon Network Studios.

CLARENCE: From creator Skyler Page and premiering Monday, April 14 at 7 p.m., Clarence is a new, original animated series about an optimistic boy who wants to do everything. Because everything is amazing! Clarence was conceived as part of the prolific shorts development program at Cartoon Network Studios, which has resulted in six original series for the network: Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa, Steven Universe, Clarence, Over the Garden Wall and We Bare Bears.

WE BARE BEARS: We Bare Bears is a comedy about three bear siblings, named Grizzly, Panda and Ice Bear. Each episode follows their awkward attempts at assimilating into human society, whether they’re looking for food, trying to make human friends, or scheming to become internet famous. Whatever the situation, it’s obvious that being a bear in the civilized, modern world is tough—but at least they have each other. Created by Annie Award-winner Daniel Chong (Toy Story of Terror!), We Bare Bears is produced by Cartoon Network Studios.

THE TOM AND JERRY SHOW: The iconic cat and mouse rivals are back in The Tom and Jerry Show, a new, fresh take on the classic series. Preserving the look, characters and sensibility of the original, the all-new series shines a brightly colored, high-definition lens on the madcap slapstick and never-ending battle that has made Tom and Jerry two of the most beloved characters of all time. The Tom and Jerry Show is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and will premiere Wednesday, April 9 at 5:30 p.m.

BE COOL SCOOBY-DOO!: Be Cool Scooby-Doo! is an all-new 22-minute animated comedy series from Warner Bros. Animation. The Scooby gang is back with a modern comedic twist on the beloved classic. With high school over and one last summer to live it up, the gang hits the road in the Mystery Machine, chasing fun and adventure. But monsters and mayhem keep getting in the way.

WABBIT: A LOONEY TUNES PRODUCTION: The hilarious, heroic and mischievous Bugs Bunny you love is back! From Warner Bros. Animation, Bugs stars in an all-new series consisting of comedic shorts that find the iconic carrot-loving rabbit matching wits against (and getting the best of) classic characters like Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote. Along the way, Bugs will encounter brand-new foes…and he’ll have some help from new friends like Bigfoot and Squeaks the squirrel.

LEGO® NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu: Continuing its robust partnership with The LEGO Group, Cartoon Network will re-introduce viewers to the awesome world of NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu with six new half-hour animated specials in 2014, followed by all-new episodes of the highly popular series slated for 2015.

SONIC BOOM™: Sonic the Hedgehog has been one of the world’s biggest gaming icons for over 20 years and this year a new branch of the Sonic universe debuts, entitled Sonic Boom™. With a new look for Sonic and friends, the franchise’s first-ever CG animated television series, an action-packed comedy adventure, will premiere on Cartoon Network with support from an extensive video game release of the same name. The Sonic Boom television series, coproduced by SEGA® of America, Inc. and OuiDO! Productions, will debut on Cartoon Network in the 2014/2015 season.

TOTAL DRAMA: PAHKITEW ISLAND: All-new island! All-new cast! Same old disregard for human safety! The Total Drama series returns as Chris and Chef put the newest generation of contestants through the craziest challenges yet—all for a chance to win one million dollars! Total Drama Island is produced by Fresh TV Inc.

NUMB CHUCKS: Woodchuck brothers Dilweed and Fungus didn’t always see themselves as mystical Kung Fu saviors until they stumbled upon an infomercial featuring mega legend Woodchuck Morris’ mullet-fueled motivational kung-fu video “The Way of the Chuck!” With an endless supply of confidence but a limited supply of brain cells, and countless hours of watching the video, this dimwitted duo transmorph-ified into THE NUMB CHUCKS!

BEYRAIDERZ: Sho, Jin and Leon find themselves trapped on a strange world once defended by the Six Mythic Beasts who upheld justice and brought prosperity for all through the battling BeyRaiderz tournaments. When the Beasts mysteriously disappeared, the world fell into ruin, and now it’s up to Sho and his friends to uncover the hidden BeyRaiderz stadiums, to battle to bring the Beasts back and restore prosperity to the world!

RETURNING SERIES
Adventure Time
Legends of Chima
Teen Titans GO!
The Amazing World of Gumball
Mixels
Tenkai Knights
Ben 10 Omniverse
Pokémon the Series: XY
Uncle Grandpa
Grojband
Regular Show
Johnny Test
Steven Universe

Later this year, Cartoon Network will introduce a unique user experience to the mobile marketplace when it launches a new digital initiative called Cartoon Network Anything. A fast-paced micro-network, Cartoon Network Anything will serve an ever-growing stream of fun and funny content to mobile phones and other small-screen mobile devices. Users will enjoy games, activities, trivia and clips, each lasting an average of 10 to 15 seconds. These diverse pieces of content will be randomized, and fans can move to the next piece by simply swiping their screens, resulting in entertainment that feels both immediate and infinite.
In addition to bringing a first-of-its-kind mobile offering to fans, Cartoon Network Anything will also provide unique sponsorship opportunities for Cartoon Network’s business partners. A perfect platform for native advertising, Cartoon Network Anything invites innovative advertising and sponsored content that suits the medium and that will feel organic to the overall micro-network.

Original "Always On" Programming for Cartoon Network Multiple Digital Platforms:
Angelo Rules (Season 2): For a kid, life can be a daily battle. There are adults, siblings, teachers and rivals telling them what to do, what not to do, what to say… Well, it’s time for kids to take control and Angelo’s here to show the way! He observes and then comes up with elaborate strategies to wheedle, sweet-talk, con, and work around any adversary. Season two of this new series comes from TeamTo and Cake Entertainment.

Detentionaire: Framed for a major prank and punished with a full year of detention, high schooler Lee Ping sneaks out of detention to try to expose who was really behind the prank and avoid being caught by the school’s principal Barrage. After clearing his name, Lee again attempts to sneak out of Barrage’s upgraded detention room, discovering that a strange pyramid under the school has something to do with Lee’s key, the parents council and the blue tazwurms. There is more to the school than meets the eye! Created by animators Daniel Bryan Franklin & Charles Johnston, Detentionaire is distributed by Nelvana.

Rocket Jo: Rocket Jo is an inventor-adventurer: his unique goal is to get his jet-pack to function and send him flying in the air for good…without effect. But his valiant attempts are always a false dawn to viewers’ great delight, as there always are failures, gags, explosions, falls, etc. Produced by Millimages and 2D3D, Rocket Jo works hard, drawing upon all his imagination, to make viewers laugh, both children and parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

don Jaime posted:

Buck up, boys, only Canada can kill the plague that is Test

Either Canada or David Straiton.