Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
From what it seems like through the show, Luz uses glyphs that she finds in the elements themselves in the burning isles to make her magic, maybe pulling from the isles themselves to conjure. In the human world, those elements or maybe have different ones that she doesn't know, so they won't work.

People like Eda and Lilith don't even need glyphs, they can just draw a circle and create an element or effect, or are just naturally more magical/in-tune with magic because of their lives on the isles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Ups_rail posted:

The yo yo team selling yo yo s

They were still doing this in the late 90s, when I was in Jr. High. I.. may have bought a few yo yos. The butterfly one, and the car wheel one.

Jeez, selling to students in a captive assembly audience. What the hell, schools.

Also The Power Team! Ripping Phone Books, smashing bricks all in the name of Jesus.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
They also moved it to Disney XD, instead of having it on the main channel, where it kind of suffered.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Ups_rail posted:

SU is a hard one. Because it was fighting with itself IMO. Also they would just do a bunch of episode drops and it would be gone on break for months.

It was more fighting Cartoon Network who ordered those kinds of schedules, which plagued a lot of shows at the time. Good lord, Adventure Time felt like it was gone for years, and then they'd do a random mini-arc. It was even rarer that they'd actually have the show in the block before hand, maybe doing a harder catch up on the channel before a new "bomb"

Teen Titans Go, though. They'd just dump out new episodes all the time, at least, that's what it felt like.

It was aggravating to be a fan, attempting to watch these with any regularity.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

paradoxGentleman posted:

Out of curiosity, how did they handle Scorpion? Because his motivation is basically "my entire clan was massacred and I want revenge" and I'm not sure how you make that kid friendly.

I don't remember if he said this sort of thing exactly but you could get away with, "You caused the death of my entire family, and I won't rest until yours is destroyed too!" As long as they don't say, "Murder," "Death," and, "Genocide" you've still got a bunch of descriptors that you can work with.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

JazzFlight posted:

Ugh. They gives and they takes.

Cool that we're getting Season 4, but if this doesn't tie up the Amelia and Hazel plot from last season then I'm going to be super annoyed. The whole reason I was hoping for s4 was to resolve that dangling plot.

I believe it doesn't, unfortunately. From what I read from the creators on Twitter, it's a stand alone story.

Fun thing. The lead characters are also dressed the same as Amelia was. So, maybe from the same time frame? It could be during her rise to power as the conductor?

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Apparently because of Netflix missing it's growth goals, it's axed a bunch of upcoming animation projects for kids. Including Bone and all the spin offs they were working on.

No clue what this means for Nimona.

https://twitter.com/DrewTailored/status/1516951941779050496

PicklePants fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 21, 2022

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Mr Interweb posted:

random question but what's the verdict on themsysteriousmrenter? i saw a video of his where he dissected legend of korra and i thought he did a pretty solid job and i don't...THINK i saw anything in there that was eyebrow raising worthy. i was never a fan of him per se, and really the korra video was the only real content of his i watched all the way through, but i saw a more recent vid and he seems to be more sympathetic to the gamergate/reactionary side of media critique?

He was recently in Forbes and trended on twitter, because of his hot take that Pixar's Turning Red didn't reference 9/11 enough.

He's also kind of a chud, was against masking, and other stuff.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Regular Show is a lot of fun, with the exception of any episode where Mordecai is moping or messing up a relationship. Those are always the worst.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
https://www.insider.com/butch-hartman-accused-plagiarizing-commission-art-mikasa-drawing-trace-ackerman-2021-2

yeah, he ripped of some Fan Art for his $200 dollar commissions.

I mean, I don't know if I'd put him in John K level. As far as I know, he never lured 16 year olds to live in his house, be his girlfriend and work on his shows.

He's just a scammy prick, who mostly takes credit for of Steven Silver's character design work.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

PhazonLink posted:

just like Batman Beyond, Evolution is way better than it has any right or expectation to be. like "cool uncle" Wolverine some how just works.

also while I havent watch the series proper since it aired in childhood, I did watch a cool fanedit super cut of all the Apocalypse stuff and its a better "film" than most of real xmen movies.

Cool Uncle Wolverine and Cool Aunt Storm should always be a thing. Wolverine was a great Cool Uncle to Jubes and Kitty in the comic. I'd love to get a weird convoluted storyline in the new X-Men show that gets us to X-23, Scout/Honeybadger and Jonathon (No Dakken, tho.)

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I think Gravity Falls loses something more than most, with a quick binge, or near binge viewing.

Part of the fun, and it's weird Disney was right about this. Was seeing people go through all the weirdness and symbols with a fine tooth comb and come up with crazy or strange theories about what might be happening, it was part of the fun of the series. You don't really get that if you're not having to wait weeks/months between episodes.

Steven Universe has a little bit of that with the Rose Quartz/What Happened with the Gem Wars/Pearl stuff, but not quite to the same degree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Larryb posted:

Didn’t they say something a while back about a new series coming in a few years as well?

They did. I think it was announced near the new movies.

What time it is, depends on how long Korra lives. She's reckless as hell, and stubborn as all get out, she might get herself in over her head.

It could be interesting to see how an Avatar increasingly doesn't fit in with the world around it. It could also be interesting to see how the Air Nomads grow post Korra and Tensin. How Republic City and Aang's Legacy grows.

I don't know if they're going to adapt the comics, it seems like some of the movies like Zuko's movie might, but some of those were pretty well reviewed.