Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

IRQ posted:

What sort of drugs are you on?

I'm just wondering what it takes to make that watchable.

Too much time in the Newgrounds flash portal when I was 14, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I was not happy about the announcement of the Looney Toons show, but every clip I see makes me like it more, so.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Martytoof posted:

However, I just saw some of the Merrie Melodies segments and HOO BOY they're bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlzpIXG8W8Y

I like them :shobon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km_IPrcEj18&feature=related

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

According to Girl Daffy's profile, she looks kinda like a goth and Daffy is dating her because he "loves a project" so I imagine she's a bit more 'alternative' than Daffy/Bugs/Lola

I feel retarded writing this holy poo poo.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I had it backwards.

quote:

Tina is Daffy's tough, street-smart girlfriend. She works at Copy Place, and she's attracted to Daffy because she "loves a project."

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Huh, that sounds like a more cop-out-ish version of one of my favorite episodes of The Batman. Hugo Strange develops a drug that turns people into zombies and so Batman and Robin are on the run the entire episode. Eventually, after they get Robin, Batman figures out an antidote and is about to disperse it via a bunch of gas bombs. Eventually, Zombie Batgirl, Robin and Commissioner Gordon catch him, and it turns out that the drug was actually just a hallucinogen and everybody's been chasing Batman to stop him from releasing the "antidote" which was actually the real poison.

The Batman was awesome and more people need to realize this :colbert:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Aw man, this is just going to turn into a pony thread now

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

wyoming posted:

Speedy Gonzales has always been one of my favourites.

And a favourite of the ladies.
Bahahaha I remember this. Even when I was a kid I'd watch that episode and be like, ":q: heh, sex jokes"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The Regular Show

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Every time I see The Looney Tunes show on it's always the Best Friends episode, but I saw a promo with Lola bunny where she has a shopping cart accident with bugs and it was kinda :3:

okay the episode where bugs and lola go on a date is on and I like Lola's character :3:

e: yeah this episode is great

Sockser fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 23, 2011

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Why are there new episodes of Johnny Test

WHY ARE THERE NEW EPISODES OF JOHNNY TEST

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Welp, now I've been reminded that Sym-bionic Titan existed and I'm now very very sad.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I don't get it. Who is the target demographic for Mad?

They just made a joke about Digimon. Assuming the audience is kids, what kid would be old enough to remember Digimon?

I wanna laugh at it but... it's just so bland. At least Family Guy is worth a chuckle, man.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Vaerai Archon posted:

Considering that all other scooby doo reboots/reworks have either been terrible or bland they had to do something.

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo would like a word with you :colbert:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

SMFA is awesome.

Particularly the dude that's just a bunch of butts

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

It's a pretty popular urban legend.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

But they also made This so

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Zeether posted:

Yeah. :smith:

On a happier note though, I had no idea what some of the voice actors from HA were up to after the series, and several months ago someone linked an IAmA thread on Reddit that Francesca Smith (Helga) posted. She still remembers the songs from the opera episode, and someone even jokingly asked her to spell "qualm." :3:

qualx.

Everybody knows that.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

dylan14 posted:

Apparently this was a real segment that was on MAD this last Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gufXf67qBcc
:stare:

I just. I don't.

Who the hell is the target demographic for MAD?!?!?!?

e:

Also the animation reminds me a lot of Egoraptor :stare:

Sockser fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 28, 2011

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

mobo85 posted:

Disney Channel's latest live-action sitcom has a name and description that sounds like a parody of Disney Channel sitcoms. AND YET DOG WITH A BLOG IS REAL.

Dog mans blog
Man blogs dog
Dog blogs man
Blog dogs man

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Neo Helbeast posted:

Which season? There was five.

It's still running in japan :shobon:
They're on season 7.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Fishylungs posted:

I was going to say "man that's lame" but looking it apparently went back to the lighter tone that the first 2 seasons had. Sounds kind of nice. And I mean it can't be as half baked as series 4.

I think I watched like two episodes of Season 5 when it aired in the states and it was pretty okay.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Magnus Condomus posted:

Season 5 had the funniest censor changes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhFw20MsBB0

ahahah this loving rules

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Farbtoner posted:

To try and salvage this Sesame Street thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlNZo10pCts

Gonna watch this.

I love Sesame Street, I hope this plays in a theater nearby.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

lamb posted:

Do any of you watch Big Time Rush? I'm looking for validation that I'm not the only middle–aged woman that finds it really amusing.

I enjoy iCarly and Victorious has grown on me and I loved Ned's Declassified when it was on, but man, I just do not 'get' Big Time Rush.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

HypnoCabbage posted:

He's still around, actually; he does voicework, most famously as Jack Spicer in Xiaolin Showdown.

Xiaolin Showdown is a better show than anyone gives it credit for :unsmith:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Whatever happened to the live action episode of Flapjack? I remember seeing a picture of a kid dressed up in the outfit and then...nothing. Maybe I just imagined it.

It was like 20 seconds of the final episode IIRC

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

mobo85 posted:

Hey, given the choice between SpongeBob and Caillou, do you really have much of a choice?

Rewind to my childhood and the choice is between Mighty Max and Little Bear and like...
gently caress these boring terrible soft cushy kids shows, man.

Fuckin' Little Bear.

Get hosed.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The Batman was way better than anyone ever gave it credit for :(

e: And Batman Beyond was great, too.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Honestly I think my favorite part of The Batman was that it finally did something with character designs, which is kinda my biggest gripe with DC comics in general. The costumes so rarely get updated that it all feels kinda stale to me compared to Marvel where every few years the costumes get tweaked just a little bit.

Spandex Riddler was awesome, Juggalo Joker was awesome, creepy skinny Clayface was awesome

Penguin was pretty standard I guess v :) v

gently caress the haters

e: giant red Bane was awesome too.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

So I watched some Cartoon Network original movie over the weekend, it was either called 'Level Up' or 'Master of All Dimensions' or 'Level Up: Master of All Dimensions' or 'Bad Guys Name: Master of All Dimensions.' Hard to tell.

Anyway, it was pretty good! However, in the process of watching it, I discovered the difference between CN live-action and Disney live-action and Nick live-action

CN gets the blandest looking actors possible and puts them in interesting roles, which leads to an overall bland performance. Disney gets people who look interesting and puts them into bland shows, which leads to bland entertainment. Nick splits the difference and ends up with all the Schneider's Bakery shows (iCarly, Victorious, Zoey 101, All That, Kenan and Kel, etc etc etc)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

SMFA is better than MAD by far, a notch below Problem Solverz, a leagues below AT/RS

ANYWHOOOOOOO I checked out the new Green Lantern show and it was... okay. I really don't like how the Red Lanterns are kinda advertised as being the big bad in this show when it would honestly make a lot more loving sense to start with the Sinestro Corps but here we are. And the Red Lanterns are written kinda stupid.

Guess I'll take my talk to the BSS thread, though.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Eggie posted:

So I was watching TF: Prime a little more and I realized that they had an illegal street racing episode with no heavy-handed moral at the end. :monocle:

I don't believe there was a moral to the street racing ep of Sym-Bionic Titan

:cry:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

What animated Disney movies haven't had tv spinoffs by this point? Seems like Disney does that for everything they've made since Beauty and the Beast.

You know what was great? Aladdin, the TV series.

And the game.

In fact, everything about Aladdin is loving great.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Neo Helbeast posted:

:supaburn: Street Sharks is now Netflix Instant :supaburn:

:supaburn: It's absolutely terrible how did I even watch this :supaburn:

Yeah I watched like four or five episodes over the weekend hoping it would get better.

It did not.

Street Sharks is objectively really bad and not even nostalgia goggles can hide it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Have they finished airing season 1 of Young Justice yet?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Just saw a commercial saying Green Lantern starts next Saturday morning. Kind of surprised they're doing that when usually they premier new shows in the evenings.

Saturday morning?

Oh, gently caress that. Hopefully they put it up on their website for streaming.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Good Listener posted:

On the subject of Digimon season 3, am I crazy or does Terriermon get the absolute worst evolutions?

I mean, yeah, if it's opposite day or something

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

Zeke and Luther, I'm In the Band, et al are basically Disney Channel shows with the gender targeting turned to "boy" instead of "girl." Don't give XD too much credit.

Disney XD was created to appeal to the 8-to-14 year old boy demographic, so it's not like Disney isn't aware that Disney Channel offerings aren't for them. Perhaps they should try mixing it up a little on the main channel?

SoI read this post a while back and was like "yeah that makes sense, I suppose"

and then while watching Phineas and Ferb, I see that Wizards of Waverly Place is moving to XD. And the difference in marketing is staggering.
On Disney: "Hey look at this wacky comedy and this attractive tween male lead and all the romance and!"
Now on XD: "WIZARDS! FIGHTING EVIL! MAGIC FIGHTS! FIGHTING FIGHT FIGHTY FIGHT! ACTION!"

It's crazy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

mobo85 posted:

The Wizards of Waverly Place promos did get pretty dramatic on Disney Channel, especially towards the end of the series when there were these bizarre arcs being promoted like Wizards vs. Werewolves, Wizards vs. Angels, Wizards vs. Meteors, etc. Heck, I'm pretty sure they literally had a story arc promotion called "Wizards vs. Everything."

No, that's entirely true, but the promos were still like "ALEX (I think that's his name?) IS DATING A VAMPIRE (or a werewolf? I dont know) AND THE FAMILIES ARE GETTING IN FIGHTS. WHAT A WACKY ROMANCE, RIGHT?"

vs

"ALEX IS DATING A VAMPIRE. TUNE IN FOR VAMPIRE FIGHTING"