Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

My understanding was "the collector is planned to be a big thing and our season 3-4 big bad and how we wrap the show"

Disney says "hey, order's been cut"

"OH poo poo COLLECTOR NOW"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

"Hey what if we took a sledgehammer and smashed the rosetta stone?"

gently caress that. SG:C2C is like, so fuckin historically important to understanding a lot of young adult media and 2000s humor.

loving rip, I guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkup4zo97E0

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

S+P on 90's Spider-man was pretty notorious, but not terribly worse than anything else (See: Alex Hirsch fighting with Disney on Gravity Falls)

Here's a good interview about it
https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-the-animated-series-john-semper-ernie-altbacker-interview/

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Spectacular Spider-man is very good
Everything else is "fine" more or less

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Weird conflict in that Mxzyptlk called Fleisher Superman Earth 12, but then the Council of Reeds Loises called this Lois Earth 12

e: But I guess Mxzyptlk was full of poo poo because Fleisher Lois is Lois Prime?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Lol at changing Amazon to Netflix

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Don't forget that Christmas Classic, Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer

Great time to share this and reflect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehZlZB3VX_8

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Hilda S3 is great
Hilda is great

Honestly it should go into history on the same shelf as Over the Garden Wall as a timeless piece of children's animation. It's just absolutely incredible beginning to end, and I'm sad that there won't be any more of it

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Larryb posted:

How are the Hilda comics/books out of curiosity (I know the cartoon expanded on things a fair bit at least)?

Fine? I guess?
If I had children they would make for lovely bedtime stories or whatever, but there’s nothing particularly remarkable about them that isn’t done better in the show, and they’re kind of pricey because afaik they’re only sold as individual hardbacks

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

the low framerate is really hurting it in that trailer edit

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The Space Ghost clips got me intrigued, so I started watching Jellystone

It's good to great, depending on the episode. Episodes focused on Augie/Yakky/Shag are usually the weakest, but it's still overall a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm still mad that Close Enough got ripped off HBO Max less than a month after Season 3 was released. At least I was able to actually see it!

poo poo, there was a third season?