Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Y-Hat posted:

Yeah, most teeange superhero shows suck rear end (I'm looking at you, X-Men Evolution. Why Disney XD started showing that daily and put the '90s X-Men animated series at an ungodly weekend hour is beyond me).

Evolution was pretty entertaining during it's last two seasons (and probably even a bit towards the end of the second season). Wolverine and the X-Men has been a pretty good show too but it seems that Nicktoons just randomly decides when they're gonna show it.

And I have no clue if you've watched it at all recently but the '90s X-Men cartoon has aged HORRIBLY. The voice acting and dialogue is really narmtastic, the animation is bad, the action is... just really not good. I loved it at the time but going back and watching it is painful.

Same deal with the '90s Spider-Man cartoon, although that one has aged even worse, especially the constantly reused animation. All it's really got going for it is that Christopher Daniel Barnes is basically a perfect Spider-Man. It's a shame because when I was like 9 or 10 that was my absolute favorite show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

The Steak Justice posted:

e: Sharing my love of Billy and Mandy here. Hell, I even liked Evil con Carne, to a lesser extent. I'm really glad that General Scarr became a regular on Billy and Mandy after Grim and Evil's latter half was axed, he was really the most amusing character.

Evil Con Carne has probably one of my favorite episode of any show I've ever seen, "Gridlocked and Loaded." All of the characters, and a red shirt, are stuck in a traffic jam on the freeway on their way to buy an evil super weapon or something like that. It's a shame, though, that I've never been able to find it on youtube or any sites like that.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Digital Scumbag posted:

I was feeling nostalgic and decided to put on an episode of Rocko's Modern Life for my daughter.
It doesn't really hold up that well. It's definitely a product of the time it was created in. On the other hand, Rugrats is still pretty fantastic.

Yeah, I remember it being one of my favorite shows as a kid and then going back and watching it again a few years back... yeah. It's not BAD like the old Marvel cartoons but it's just not as funny as I remember it being.

On the flipside, though, I do like that all the old Cartoon Cartoons I enjoyed still hold up. Especially Dexter's Lab.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

There's also the episode where Mr. Bighead is a secretly a clown that acts as a very obvious metaphor for being gay/coming out. The episode is even called "Closet Clown."

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

I dunno, it's still a slight variation on the "Blum voice". Compared to his more recent work in Gurren-Lagann and Mass Effect 2, it's still pretty drat easy to tell it's him.

I think it's more in terms of the type of character. If Blum is voicing someone, the guy is usually King Badass. Jamie is the total opposite: a dorky, whiny, cowardly loser.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

You know, watching that old episode of All That has really reminded me just how good Kenan and Kel (and Loribeth Denburg, but she's long gone, careerwise) were even when they were younger. Also, I am still a child when it comes to my sense of humor, because Vital Information for Your Every Day Life made me laugh hysterically.

Lori Beth Denberg absolutely kills me in every Island Girls sketch. I'm honestly surprised that All That and Kenan & Kel have held up pretty well compared to shows I remember liking as a kid like Hey Dude or even Rocko.

Also watching Repairman sketches now compared to when I was a kid is kind of amusing I guess. When I was a kid I loved them because hey goofy destruction but watching it now I love them because it comes off more like the adventures of a dangerous loving psychotic.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Speed Buggy was in the Mystery Solvers Club episode along with Funky Phantom, Captain Caveman and Jabberjaw although that episode was a fever dream (which doesn't really STOP them from actually existing granted). This episode was actually canon, I guess, because there was no "just a dream/just a piece of fanfiction/whatever" ending.

Also that episode was awesome. Blue Falcon as a parody of Dark Knight Returns/grimdark style superheroes while Dynomutt is straight up old school Hanna-Barbera goofiness was really good. This show is so great.

Also tomorrow's episode is the last new one for a while then it goes into reruns for the next three weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

So the newest episode of Mystery Inc....

So every previous group, or a good number of them anyway, found a piece of the Planespheric Disk which always corrupted the animal of the group into betraying everyone with the disk's evil. The ghost of Friar Sera says that Scooby is going to betray the group but, well, Nova's part of the group now too...

God I love this show.