Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khurath
Jul 26, 2007
By far the show I miss the most is Megas XLR, an action/comedy show that was on Cartoon Network a few years back. In the distant future, humanity is at war with an alien species. The humans are losing badly, and in the course of the war a super advanced prototype mecha from the future gets sent back in time. The robot winds up the hands of Coop, a gluttonous slacker in present day New Jersey, who promptly mods the entire thing: he replaces the head with his car, paints rockin' flames on the armor... pretty much what you would expect. He also mods the control systems, so that when the future folks (humans and aliens) come back looking for it, Coop is the only person able to understand the new controls. Employing skills garnered from years of video games and watching pro wrestling, Coop beats back the aliens (leveling Jersey City in the process, but eh).

The show was a fantastic love letter to giant robot shows of the past, with parodies of nearly every iconic giant robot/alien you can think of. Naturally, Coop beats the crap out of all of them (flattening Jersey City most weeks in the process), employing every kind of attack you can imagine and all of this is to an appropriately rocking soundtrack.

It lasted for about two seasons, and ends right after a goddamn fantastic episode that opens up a whole new realm of possible stuff to clobber. I'd love to see DVDs of this show, but after so many years I've just resigned myself to the fact that they're probably never going to happen.

I dig giant robots. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU