Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Washington
Sep 28, 2007
I'll support this thread. I was a Cartoon Network loyalist growing up. All I watched were old Hanna Barbara shows until the years of Dexter's Lab, Cow and Chicken, etc.

And to echo what you said, gently caress the current CN shows. Turn it on at any random point in the day and you'll see either a badly produced Flash toon or a live action program with a bunch of goofballs.

What will my kids watch? :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Washington
Sep 28, 2007
And now we'll try to remember the names of old cartoons that elude us.

There was one show on Cartoon Network in the mid 90s, I'd say 95 to be exact, and it was about little bears with some kinda powers. If memory serves right, there was some kind of totem pole that would turn into a monster to help them fight the bad guy-bears and whatnot every episode.

Anyone know what I'm referring to?

General Washington
Sep 28, 2007

IanJ posted:

Paw Paw Bears. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjkkMtMJxc4

Hanna-Barbera's answer to Ewoks.

drat that brings back memories. Thanks!

quote:

I wish someone would replay Batman Beyond.. that was a teenage superhero done right. :/

BB was one of the last cartoons I ever really watched. Too bad it didn't last. Having Wayne as the cranky old man with the coming of age superhero was great.