Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

I’m watching my way through Avatar:TLA for the first time, and I’ve just watched Tales of Ba Sing Se and Appa’s Lost Days. Oh man, those are some gut wrenching episodes.

Leaves on the vine...

There's some debate, I believe, over whether Mako Iwamatsu was able to finish his lines for Tales, or if that's the point where Iroh's replacemen VA, Greg Baldwin takes over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

watching she-ra

they just up and stole a horse that's pretty rude

Excuse me, you can't just OWN horses, they are free beings.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

In the scooby doo clip? Probably because the voice actors have been auto-tuned, I doubt any of them are regular singers.

Could also just be them getting singers to step in for the VAs. I'm 99% sure I've never heard Frank Welker sing. Bark, growl, slobber, gibber and whimper, yes; sing, no.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

Doesn't look bad, but does it:

1. Teach kids history/geography
2. Feature people being called "gumshoe"

This is important.

1. Probably.
2. Probably not.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

Oh I wouldn’t be so sure about that one :classiclol:

Oh thank god someone else made that joke.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I can't be the only person who saw that grapple gun trip and thought of Resident Evil, right?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Split the difference and have the PPG played by Katherine McNamara, Katie Cassidy, and Juliana Harkavy :hai:

Who gets to be Buttercup, the best one?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

I definitely would've put "Buttercup queerbait" on the free space.

Only thing that makes me hesitant to agree us I think there's even odds they just make her explicitly queer so they can have 2 unreasonably attractive female actors make out in the pilot and during sweeps.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kind of surprised they kept the 'devil' part of DD's name.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tactless Ogre posted:

Keep it straight with the Bs. Bonebreaker? Ballbuster? Bane?

"You merely adopted the sugar, I was born in it!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Netflix She-Ra only has a few very light references to the He-Man side (a couple of names/lore things mostly), and that's mostly because those elements were part of the original show due to the spin-off nature. It's a full reboot that doesn't assume any knowledge of the original though, and takes a very different spin on a bunch of the aspects it is carrying over.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ed Boon's spent 30 years trying, with limited success, to convince everyone that the skeleton guy who breathed fire was the good guy and the human dude that had rad ice powers was the baddie, to the point where by like the second game he had to go "OK, FINE, there's a good Sub-Zero, OK?!". In fact, there's a theory the bland protagonist guy in the new movie is actually gonna turn out to be the good Sub-Zero.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Frog Soos.

I was gonna say that I figured Soos counts enough for any future show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

Isn't Soos actually based on one of Hirsch's IRL friends, though?

Clearly his insert is Hooty.

I mean, if we're being very literal, Dipper and Mabel are explicitly based on him and his sister.

Everyone posted:

Also, what's up with the Gravity Falls focus on Disney XD lately? Is there some sequel/movie/new Alex Hirsch thing coming out soon?

It's weird, they were doing these 'Disney characters do music videos' things a while back and it was mostly the current line up of shows and randomly one of Mabel doing a parody of Call Me Maybe. With new animation and Schall singing.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 31, 2021

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KingKalamari posted:

Man, after Wabbit and The Looney Tunes Show went in such a different direction with her character and, y'know, gave her an actual personality beyond "You go, girl!" it's really weird seeing a take based on Lola Classic...

I realise Zendaya is a megastar right now, but like... Kristen Wiig is still a pretty big name and she was hilarious as Lola on TLTS.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Animated shows take longer than live action to spin up.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

The Pirates of Dark Water needs a reboot. :colbert:

Gargoyles first.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Actually up through New Adventures. Which I think I'm the only one who has nostalgia for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
One minor change that Shyamalan did that I think these guys should've (although there's a solid shot with the lukewarm reception this is getting that it won't matter) also stuck to was not having the comet coming the same year Aang is unthawed. If they do end up doing books 2 and 3, these kids are gonna age out of the parts so goddamn quick...