Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Speaking of the Angry Beavers, did the final episode ever get released in any way? Supposedly it utterly trashed Nick's strategy of showing tons of re-runs and awkward way of releasing new episodes of shows, and was never aired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Shadow The Rat posted:

:drat:

What a fantastic "gently caress you". I should go watch a few episodes for nostalgias sake.

Meeble posted:

Holy poo poo. That Garfield show has what is probably the worst CGI in recent memory. It looks like it was made in 1996-7 :psyduck:

I like how absolutely nothing is shaded, and rather than actually animating anything they just made everything bob back and forth as though it were neck deep in water.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Hey you know how the Garfield show is so lovely great? Well it looks like more of the same is on it's way!

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Y-Hat posted:

Apparently, Flapjack got canned.

...What? Why? Is it costing too much to produce or something? Or do they just LOVE to take a giant dump on the few people foolish enough to have faith in CN?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Imagine CGI Calvin asking his mom just the most adorable question before a cut to he and Hobbes going down a hill while born to be wild plays.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

You'll never guess what adult Chowder is called in the credits.

Man Chowder

No, I'm not kidding.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Too bad chowder is dead now. :smith:

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Why is CN ending all these wonderful shows?

On the bright side, Thurop's son looks so exactly the freaking same as Flapjack. :psyduck:

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Behonkiss posted:

How many seasons did Ed, Edd n' Eddy and Powerpuff Girls get, though? They were around forever.

Each of them got six seasons plus movies. Johnny Test is yet another teletoon bastard though, and it's obviously dirt cheap to make so it might be on for a while.

Oh, and it's on it's fourth season. They couldn't give Chowder and Flapjack a fourth season, but the lamest cartoon I've ever seen has a go for new episodes.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

I just saw the Flapjack episode with the cats and holy crap that cat weirds me out. Why oh why isn't this show allowed to stay on forever?!

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Tee Hee Tummy Tums takes the usual very special episode about how it's whats inside that counts and brutally smacks it in the face.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

404GoonNotFound posted:

Having John DiMaggio as a gunslingling chimp in a fez will only take you so far.

I think the top is far enough :colbert:.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

IRQ posted:

If you're not up for an immature parody of Survivor, Fear Factor, and The Amazing Race, don't bother.

Or get over yourself and enjoy a fun cartoon that spoofs reality tv and has fart jokes. I don't understand posting in this thread about other kids shows and making GBS threads on Total Drama but goons.

It's not a "goons :rolleyes:" kind of critisism. It's yet another poorly made flash cartoon from Canada, and it blows that Chowder and Flapjack got the axe so disgracefully while Total Drama ____ gets a new season. I don't hate it anywhere near as much as some people do, but please don't act like you can't see why it gets a ton of flack.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

IRQ posted:

I really don't though.

Chowder/Flapjack and Total Drama Whatever are all pretty different shows anyway. If you've read this thread you know that I'm not at all happy with how CN handled Flapjack and especially Chowder, but I don't think that has anything to do with Total Drama. A good show is a good show and nobody has cited anything bad about Total Drama Whatever yet aside from being from cold mexico and being made in flash.

I guess it helps if you actually watch reality tv shows? I could see not liking it if you didn't.

I guess my main gripe is that it's poorly animated which defeats the whole purpose of a cartoon. Just look at how squishy and jiggly the characters in Adventure time are compared to the stiffness of TDI/TDA/TDWT/TD__. Granted it's not very fair for me to compare anything to Flapjack and Chowder due to how amazing they are in terms of animation, art, voices, ect.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

I saw clone high years ago and thought it was pretty good. Then again I was like 12, so just about anything "more mature" than rugrats was the coolest thing ever to me. Guess I should give it another watch?

I get the reality TV aspect of TD, but thats all it has going for it and it's just not enough. With poor animation and art it has to rely on the situation and/or the dialog, and it doesn't even try in both regards. I'm not talking about "sophisticated" humor either. Owen farting isn't funny, but Stimpy falling into a crippling depression over his fart running away is hilarious. Banter about the next challenge isn't entertaining, but I could listen to Coach McGurk giving his students terrible advice all day.

Tl;Dr: I'm angry at children's programming!

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Nick could show Spongebob and iCarly repeats forever and still make a profit on advertising. CN and Nick executives are like those comically evil captain planet villains who would gladly gently caress everyone over for a buck.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

mobo85 posted:

There have been a number of interesting references to Scooby-Doo and Hanna-Barbera history on the show. The ones I can recall off the top of my head:

-Nugget Nose from The Galloping Ghost appears in a flashback about Gatorburg, a town which mined alligators ("See, this is what happens when you build a civilization around an entirely gator-based economy")
-The teenage versions of Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm appear in the background in the crab-man episode
-Daphne hums the theme song to "The New Scooby-Doo Movies" to herself
-The villain of one episode is a girl falsely claiming to be the daughter of the Creeper
-The Hex Girls from Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost play an important role in one episode

They need to get Phyllis Diller in there before it's too late.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Kipory posted:

I don't think anybody wants this less then the creator himself(I refuse to believe him saying he was excited about it was anything more then a metaphorical stab in the eye to the base he loathes). I used to think it was hyperbole that the guy always looks on the edge of stabbing someone in the eye at conventions, but no. He's really like that.

He's the only comic artist that I know of that flat out hates his fans, and I really don't blame him.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

IanJ posted:

It's not like these shows were created in some awful binary where the creation of Problem Solverz meant that Sym-Bionic Titan's crew had to all die in a fire

I think it's great that CN had the balls to give Paperrad a show for kids on their network. Even if PS isn't a success it shows the risks that theyre willing to take to find the next great thing. Imagine that, stodgy tv executives willing to take risks... it's almost unheard of. But everywhere I go I see people making GBS threads on it.

I get that you don't like it but still it's weird how people complain about shows all being the same/mediocre but when something comes along to challenge the samey-ness on TV people reserve all of their bile for it because it looks weird

I'm as happy that CN is adding a new actual cartoon to the lineup as everyone else, but I'd rather have more episodes of Chowder and Flapjack then the CN execs taking "risks".

Seriously, I just saw an episode of Chowder the other day and it was the funniest goddamn thing why did you get rid of it whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!!?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Bugs and Lola definitely came out worse for wear but I like them for the most part :shobon:

Whats with girl Daffy and girl Porky? Are they new characters?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

muscles like this? posted:

I know a lot of people don't like it but I fuckin' love Problem Solverz.

It's growing on me. Kinda like a tumor. It really reminds me of lovely amateur flash movies from the early 2000s, but it must be intentional.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

...of SCIENCE! posted:

From the Problem Solverz thread

That sums up what I'm feeling pretty well, and it also gave me a nice new perspective. :)
And Raymondo is right: this is the most newgrounds/sheezyart thing in the world.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

404GoonNotFound posted:

Just when they couldn't make the concept of Lola Bunny any worse, they turn her into a Kristen Wiig character :suicide:

At least there is more to her character than "is a chick" now. v:shobon:v

I just saw Gumball for the first time, and I kind of like it. It was rough around the edges, but the dad makes up for it.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

SigmusAmadeus posted:

The Episode of Brave and the Bold on now is loving amazing oh my God.

"Bat luge" with flame decals.

My loving god. As someone who grew up in the 90s with Bruce Timm's batman, this feels like it was made specially for me :3:

Behonkiss posted:

According to some Twitter posts I just read, it's the last one.

Why bother making new episodes when you can end with the greatest cartoon in history?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Sockser posted:

Street Sharks is objectively really bad and not even nostalgia goggles can hide it.

Don't knock the show the show that inspired the extreme fuckin dinosaurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

So last night I saw an ad for something called wild grinders.

What the gently caress is this poo poo? It's like an even lower budget Johnny Test meets Rocket Power. And before you ask, this isn't some online flash series made by one dude. This is supposed to air on nicktoons :psypop: