Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

hallo spacedog posted:

One show I enjoyed last year was Nick's The Mighty B (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mighty_B) I haven't seen it on lately but it doesn't seem to have been actually cancelled, so no idea what's going on there. Also, I actually really liked The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy on CN, though that ended a while back.
I loved The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and I am really sad that it's over. Other people I've talked to don't like it as much as I do, but the show's humor really clicked with me.

As for other cartoons, I haven't seen Adventure Time, but I've heard good things about it and I'll probably check it out later. Chowder is solid, but the last few episodes I've seen haven't been as good as the others. I don't really care for Flapjack despite loving Ren and Stimpy when I was a kid.

One thing I've noticed is that Nickelodeon isn't producing cartoons as frequently as they used to. New Episodes of Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents are rare and when there is a new episode they make a big deal about it. The last animated show I can think of that they've had consistent once a week updates for is Avatar. I really hope that Nickelodeon still has plans for Avatar. It was such a great series and they could easily create another season which follows the life of one of the past Avatars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

hallo spacedog posted:

There was also a great Dune reference in the beauty pageant episode of Billy and Mandy. One of the parts of the contest is a Gom Jabbar test.

That episode is one of the greatest episodes of any cartoon. Mandy singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" was hilarious.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Fishylungs posted:

I think episodes like Zanzibar or the Christmas finale would still hold up pretty well. I wouldn't be suprised if some of them didn't though.

I'll freely admit Totally Spies was actually kind of entertaining. Are you sure they're not just airing the 2009 movie though? (I looked this up on wikipedia just now, this isn't something I know)

Yeah, Totally Spies was much better than I thought it would be, or at least the first season or two were. If you could get past the whole overall idea of teenage girls as spies, the plot of the individual episodes were pretty solid and some of the gadgets were clever.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I love Courage and was very happy when Cartoon Network started showing new episodes. Aside from the song that plays whenever Courage does something dangerous, the music for the show is really impressive.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Tartarus Sauce posted:

Totally Spies
The first few seasons of Totally Spies were way better than they had any right being given the concept. In particular, the music was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

SlothfulCobra posted:

So all of you reminiscing about Toonami, Adult Swim seems to be running it right now as some kind of April Fool's thing.

I watched that last night without really thinking about it being an April Fool's day joke. They showed an episode of DB:Z which I decided to watch on a whim. Apparently it was the last episode of the cell plot arc and the episode featured Cell and Gohan firing a single beam at eachother for 95% of the episode. Knowing it was an April Fool's day joke makes showing that episode so much more of an inspired choice.