Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Y-Hat posted:

Also Camp Lazlo isn't bad at all. I think it's created by Joe Murray, the creator of Rocko's Modern Life. I can recognize a couple of voices that were in Rocko that are also in Camp Lazlo.

It was, I can't find a clip right now, but the last episode even featured a cameo appearance by Heffer Wolfe.

Cliff Racer posted:

Are you talking about Squirrel Boy? That was super old and got cancelled quickly.

Nope, he's talking about Scaredy Squirrel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So I went to find out which episode Space Ghost was in, which lead me to this. This show is amazing. :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

LemonLimeTime posted:

Was there anybody who ever watched Beyblade? (never mind enjoyed it)

Apparently enough to warrant a sequel, called Beyblade Metal Fusion.(It's even worse than the original!)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm not sure if anyone here cares, but I just turned on Cartoon Network and they were showing a new episode of Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated and according to my TV guide they are going to be airing a new episode every day this week.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yoshifan823 posted:

I'd forgotten just how cool Hey Arnold is. It's way subdued compared to... pretty much any animated show on TV right now, and the supporting cast is so well rounded out, like an almost Springfieldian level of world building. The score is really good too. Cool and jazzy.

Also, in the first few episodes, the kids eat both felafel and souvlaki, a true sign of a big city.

Did they ever release a soundtrack for Hey Arnold? iTunes is coming up with nothing and I'm not seeing much on youtube.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

achillesforever6 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga-xz3XtrPM
Man I miss the days I watched some of those late 90s early 2000s cartoons, but I'm glad I can say that there are still a lot of good cartoons still on.

This is pretty cool, although I don't see anything related to Sym-Bionic Titan or Samurai Jack. :smith:

Also Jake at the very end. :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sockser posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxctv3Un5s
This one has Jack and Aku in it.
I swear I've seen some characters from Sym-Bionic Titan in one of them

These are really cool, hope they make a few more.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

GLOSS posted:

The new Ben 10 show just had a crossover with Cow and Chicken. I must say that is by far the most unlikely crossover I've ever seen in animation by a wide margin...

Wait, what? :psyduck: How does that even work?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rahonavis posted:

My favorite part is how they are literally sailors from the Moon.

And then, there' "Doozy Bots", a failed Americanized Gundam series. It feels like it would have been every forgettable 90's cartoon bashed together.
I still can't get over the kid in the wheelchair who gets transferred to a robot that has treads. He will never know how it feels to walk. :smith:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

For anyone interested they announced a new Sonic CGI cartoon scheduled to air on Cartoon Network next fall. Here's the teaser image from the article:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What was with the third dream? The art style they were going for seemed really familiar, but I can't place my finger on it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

edit: nevermind

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Close both the Adventure Time and Korra thread and have them all post here. :twisted:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Noonsaliwah posted:

My only problem with the episode was how the kids were divided into a 'smart class' and a 'stupid class'. But all the girls were in the smart class, and all the boys were in the stupid class (with only 1 exception of a boy in the smart class).

I don't know why this bothers me; I think maybe it's because I thought the background characters in Clarence are so beautifully designed and I thought they were lovingly and individually created. It's a shame that they just divided their intelligence basically by gender alone.

They address this at the end of the episode, the test was gender biased and it's the reason why the two classes become one again.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sonic Boom was on a few hours ago and the episode I saw had Eggman bake evil cookies which led to this:

This show is dumb and good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Acne Rain posted:

What's all this crap about Korra liking girls or something, people in other threads are saying that that happened on a Nickelodeon kids show and I don't believe them, but I don't really want to watch the episode because seasons one and two blew.

Here's the final scene if you got a minute, skip to 2:00 if the url messes up.
http://youtu.be/_hT7fD90mlw?t=1m59s

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Your link is messed up at least for me
http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/25/media/ducktales-disney-revival/index.html

First Powerpuff Girls now Ducktales I wonder if they have anymore revivals planned. Hope they end being good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wish there were more attempts at joke dubs.

I remember seeing a random episode of Beyblade and the bad guy summons a giant robot, then show did a lot of pan overs to make the robot more menacing and all it ends up doing is shooting a top to fight the good guy's top and no one really questions it. There's joke potential there.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sleeveless posted:

The Thundercats remake from a few years was really pretty and did a lot of good little things like having Wily Kit and Kat be cute and non-annoying but the actual script was weak as hell. In a better world it could have been a great adventure show.

I will always appreciate the Tundercats remake for an exchange that went something like this:

*Mumm-Ra Talks poo poo about Lion-O's father*
"You don't know anything about him!"
"I know that I killed him!"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TwoPair posted:

So I guess Nickelodeon is ready to throw in the loving towel with making new shows to compete with CN or Disney and is just gonna gun for nostalgia bucks now. Who the gently caress is clamoring for more Rugrats? Who.

It will all be worth it If they bring back the same guy who did Hey Arnold's music for it's reboot.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

axleblaze posted:

So did anyone actually watch the new Scooby Doo?

I did, all I can really say is that it's average, nothing terrible, but nothing great either.

Edit: Wait I just remembered the opening was terrible, starting with a joke that wasn't funny to begin with and it kept going on and on making it obnoxious.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 6, 2015

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

axleblaze posted:

Is Super Noobs made by the Johnny Test people or is someone actually copying that style for god knows what reason?

Also Super Noobs, unsurprisingly, looks absurdly awful.

It's created by Scott Fellows.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Was it a reference to the Windows NT kernel? Because fair play if it was.

It was dubbed by 4Kids so, maybe?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

thelaughingman posted:

I hope this isn't some cruel prank.

It shouldn't be, because I think they announced this alongside a trailer for Justice League vs. Teen Titans.

edit: Here's a poster

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 30, 2016

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Are there any returning voice actors? The commercial I saw had Him and Mojo, but they were only laughing so I couldn't tell if it was the same people.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

kefkafloyd posted:

It would make sense to recast the centenarians (Young, June Foray) but Terry McGovern is not that old, and neither is Russi Taylor (the voice of the boys and Webby and who's been doing Minnie in the new Mickey shorts). If they want to go in a completely new direction, that's their prerogative, but it's interesting how it hadn't gotten any traction versus the PPG casting controversy.

I blame twitter for the PPG stuff. Twitter seems to have a way with blowing stuff up and Tara Strong has the fanbase and tweets something like this:
https://twitter.com/tarastrong/status/608033768264318977?ref_src=twsrc

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Applewhite posted:

How's The Amazing World of Gumball doing? I haven't really gotten to watch it lately.

Still good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Incredible. Also great music choice.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

All I need to know is if The Pillows are doing the music.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

This episode of Clarence is good.

This other episode of Clarence is also good. The teacher is cool.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/03/24/first-look-netflix-voltron-animated-series/82174790/

Dreamworks is bringing the anime into Voltron. Look like it'll be interesting and at the very least GORGEOUS.

Whoa they are just gonna drop every episode on June 10th? Regardless that last line about how Voltron won't be the answer to everything is cool and I'm interested.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Y-Hat posted:

Is that another cartoon with awful CGI made in France, like Sonic Boom and that Garfield show?

Nope, awful flash instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzsoQWF-iic

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Acne Rain posted:

I've suspected the new powers are an attempt to make the ppg another show with Steven Universe popularity but by just treating aspects of the show as part of a imitable formula instead of really getting what happened there (Like my favorite old PPG episode, "Knock it Off", kinda)... in particular Steven Universe's gems have shapeshifting and fusion as parts of their regular powerset, so maybe they thought part of that formula was shape changing powers.

it's a stupid theory that's basically an offhand thought I've had since ppg reboot was announced but what the hell, makes as much sense as anything else.

I wouldn't say it's stupid, there are other areas that support it like the way the characters, not sure how to describe it I guess morph around? Reminds of what Steven Universe does, allowing the characters to be malleable so each artist can leave a distinct mark on the series. (Or at least that's how I remember one Steven Universe interview describing it.)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm glad they're still making those, I thought they were done doing them for some reason.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Teaser art for the new Ducktales:

Have we known who is working on this? Either way I just found out now and it sounds like a solid staff so far.

From here:
https://d23.com/ducktales-news-that-makes-you-say-woo-oo/?share_token=2781716f7b

quote:

Scrooge McDuck, grandnephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie, and Donald Duck will, of course, star in the new series, which will be executive-produced by Annie Award nominee Matt Youngberg (Ben 10: Omniverse). Rounding out the creative team are story editor and co-producer Francisco Angones (Disney XD’s Emmy®-nominated Wander Over Yonder) and art director Sean Jimenez (Disney XD’s Annie Award-winning Gravity Falls).

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

The third was actually the second. They added a magic talking dog to be Timmy's pet.

I remember the dog basically being Poochie.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

cant cook creole bream posted:

I am always amazed how deep that wiki goes.
They have a list of all the times water appears.

https://twitter.com/badmiiversepost/status/469556540656340992?lang=en

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

The Gumball episode where it's basically a parody of FF7 the whole time is unbelievable :psyduck:

Looking forward to watching it. I'm a sucker for video game parodies.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Megaspel posted:

It's weird how they're still recruiting new people for Gumball yet it's supposed to be cancelled right?

Not cancelled, but the creator is ending it next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gently caress yes, I love the pilot and the intro looks cool.