Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

TwoPair posted:

In the future all TV will be vines.

Rick and Morty is ahead of its time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Gruckles posted:

The Professor's date's linework clips through the doorway as she leaves
https://a.pomf.cat/mnduni.webm

You must have way better eyes than me, since I looked at that video a few times now and I can't find any clipping. In fact they specifically animated how she moves her left hand around the door.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

MrSlam posted:

I was told a while back that Fallout 2 was "one of those horrible looking old-timey games." I feel like I don't have a place in this world anymore.

No Country For Old Gamers

To be fair, those games aged really badly.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Pakled posted:

The last episode of Wander Over Yonder aired today. It was great. I'm gonna miss that show.

It was a great show and I am a bit sad that it ended. Dominator was a great addition to the cast.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I may need to watch all other episodes of gumball now. That was really incredible.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Actually a lot of that was on Hirsch's end(guy really wasn't cut out for managing a series), at least outside of the scheduling issues that is

He was quite good at trolling his audience with fake leaks and stuff.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

The MSJ posted:

I'm sorry, but Wookiepedia only has an article about breasts. There are no canon sources about nipples.

I am always amazed how deep that wiki goes.
They have a list of all the times water appears.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Water physics are really cool and important in games, though. Checking out the quality of water is like a benchmark of graphics.
But I don't really want to derail this any further.

My favorite might be Witcher 3. The water isn't completely realistic, but stylistically designed to look really pretty. The waves in the boat Assassins Creed games where incredible too.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Speaking of Ponyhead and the concept of education:
The headmistress of that reeducation center for princesses hasn't shown up since they trashed that place, right?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's a good show and I enjoy it.
The end of that time skip episode felt weirdly real. He basically fought a long war and nobody is aware of it or cares. Then everyone expects him to return to his ordinary life as if nothing ever happened. Of course he forgot a computer password he set up decades ago.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
As Star finally manages to settle the differences between Her kingdom and the monsters, they become one empire. But due to their lack of resources, they are forced to conquer other realms. And in the last episode we will see that the forces of evil have been mankind all along.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Feb 18, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

I like to think that that's just a fancy dress costume that Star grabbed out of a mall somewhere on short notice.

She did mention how hard it was to find shoulder tassels in a mall.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

khwarezm posted:

As was the final fantasy episode where Mr Robinson sheds a single tear when gumball steals his stuff.

What episode was that? did I miss it?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

So it's even further down the path to being Phineas & Ferb As gently caress. Not that I'm complaining.

It's actually interesting how many references to P&P they cram in there. Well, it is set in the same town, so I guess that has to be expected.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

That and I figure that up until very recently television writing was considered some of the lowest and most inglamorous writing you could do so if you were not only a professional writer but one that couldn't hack it in the big leagues then you're probably exactly the kind of poorly-adjusted poindexter that would carry grudges about high school well into adulthood and use the modicum of power your job gives thrm to totally stick it to all those Stacies and Chads who you imagine slighted you.
That sounds oddly specific.
Which show did you write?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Gaunab posted:

I guess original Teen Titans is here to stay. That's cool with me since it's stopped the bitching about TTG.

Did it? Really?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Oracle posted:

- Adrien 'doesn't like to be locked up

I mean, who does?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Senerio posted:

So the Tangled cartoon was renewed for a season 3 before season 2 premiered. Is it any good? I think I'll binge it this weekend.

It's a mixed bag. Some episodes feel kinda slow, but I love Rapunzel's unending positivity. Cassandra is also kinda cool.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
What do you guys think of the big hero 6 series?
I kinda like it, but it feels really procedural, without much of an overarching plotline. It amuses me how that one CEO is the cause, or the victim of most crimes in the city. He's such a douche, while he's technically not a villain.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

https://twitter.com/thedragonprince/status/1020745107824246784?s=19

Not gonna lie, I'm... not a huge fan of the animation style they're going for.

I'm inclined to agree. Not that I could formulate what's wrong, though.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I absolutely agree, Ducktales is a great show.

In fact, Disney is doing a good job in general with their animations right now.
Entangled
Star vs. the forces of evil
Big hero 6
The new Spiderman cartoon

All of these are pretty fun once they get going. I remember a time when gravity falls was the only thing they had to offer. And before that there were years of nothingness.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

VolticSurge posted:

Wait,the show's started properly? Last time I remember Goons discussing it, there was just the premiere episode with no ETA on the rest of the show in sight.

There's already 15 episodes out so far. It's been around a few months now.
Every person on that show is a giant dork, by the way. I love that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

VolticSurge posted:

So it's pretty good? Like I mentioned, I haven't seen any Goon discussion of the show since the premiere.

Yes. Personally, I enjoy it quite a bit. I guess goons don't care for it, though. But don't go in expecting some gritty drama. Just a bunch of teens having fun being super heroes. Also, they're kinda bad at it, since they don't even have individual hero names. They keep shouting each other's real name on the battlefield.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly that first one doesn't seem like a problem to me, one of the things about cartoons that often bugs me is how they often are too beholden to the Status Quo, and it ends up making a lot of episodes feel meaningless cause you automatically know how it's going to end(Animated Sitcoms are especially bad about this)

Yeah, unless you only plan to watch a few episodes outside of order, there's really no reason to maintain a status quo
It's a fun show with a cast which actually develops over time. If it had stayed on the level of the first few episodes, it would probably be way worse.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I liked that miraculous episode.

It's great how Hawkmoth went from "I've been grooming that awful woman for years, she was by far the worst I had. I even gave a second row seat. What more could I possibly do? I can't possibly beat them. I guess I'll give up on my dreams and spend some time with the family I still have."
to
"I can't believe Ladybug messed up that much! If she does that once she'll do it again and then everything will work out fine."
So, good job Marinette. She always finds a way to inspire people.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Oct 7, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Hilda is a beautiful show. I love that animation.
Also it somehow reminds me of the game Celeste, which I'm very fond of.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

Come to think of it, Flimflam's Tibetan. Will this get Scooby Doo in trouble with the Chinese government?

Why? The Chinese government usually doesn't try to cover up the existence of Tibet. They just claim it's a Chinese district. Unless he straight up says "Hi, I'm Flimflam from the autonomous country Tibet. China is a foreign evil, please look up the Tiananmen Square Massacre." it will probably be fine.

Full disclaimer, I don't know who that is.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 8, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
In the latest Teen Titans Go Robin is trying to explain the concept of quantum super states to the rest of the group. How do you even come up with that? That idea is so completely out of the left field.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
People starting to question their fascist upbringing is a big no-no.
Also there's a lot of environmentalist propaganda.
Not to mention the fact that the show implies that females could be powerful.

I liked the show quite a bit, but it's not hard to imagine how terrible people might hate it.
The end felt a bit convenient, though.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 17, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
What kind of boomer executive thought that that garbage needed a reboot? Popeye was always bad.
At it's best, it was toxic masculine military propaganda and advertisement for misinformed nutrition facts.
Seriously, the only reason I can think of which would explain this would be that some old coot wants children to experience the joys and lessons he experienced 60 years ago.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 2, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

The original Popeye comics are shockingly good.

I disagree.

Rand Brittain posted:

I think part of it is that they've updated the least important parts of the character designs to look modern, while keeping the iconic (and most blatantly anachronistic) features intact,

Those kneecaps look gross.
Also, it bothers me that the stupid flying animal-thing tickles the feet through the shoes. Just have him lose a shoe when he lands there, people!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

SardonicTyrant posted:

I'm watching Troll Hunters because it keeps showing up in my netflix queue and I figured why not?

It's okay? Not good, not awful, not memorable, just...ok.

It actually does get better. The supporting cast is fun. Senor Uhl in particular.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

PizzaProwler posted:

I guess I'm the only one in here who thinks the new 'Blue's Clues' looks pretty good. Yeah, I'll be that guy in his twenties who watches this.

Have fun, I guess. Sorry, but what exactly do you get from it? Is it the intense plot, the deep world building, or the dramatic characters?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

Can't stop thinking about Aang having to fight his evil clone, Aaaang, along with bending-neutralizing lizards.

Clearly, his name would be Bang.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 3, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

SardonicTyrant posted:

Apparently the show we don't talk about is introducing a lesbian couple next season. So...good for them, and that's all I'll say.

Steven Universe with gay characters?
Honestly, I have no idea what show you're talking about, since a few fit that description. For all I know it's about "My Little Pony".

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

SardonicTyrant posted:

Yes, but Adolf is fairly common, right?

No it isn't. Not anymore, at least.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

asecondduck posted:

Steven Universe doesn't have any ATLA alum.

Are you sure about that? Did you crossreference the whole teams involved? I bet some lowly animator, or sound effects guy, or marketing trainee worked on both shows.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

That poor snake on a stick would make an awful sword.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

cartoons123 posted:

I’ll be fair and put that blame on the way trailers are cut, which always seem to gently caress up the sync in some way or other. Otherwise... eh? They’ve been pushing the fact that they’re going for movie quality animation, and you know in some ways this looks fine, if nothing special. I can see this going in between 2019 Grinch and like Horton heads a Who on the “Modern Dr. Seuss Animation Adaptations” scale. I guess at least it doesn’t look like it’ll be a Lorax?

I mean, the animation looks fine to me. But it does not look "the most expensive animated program"-good. Five to six million dollar an episode. That's like 5k for each second. Maybe there are more concrete numbers by now.
Of course, it pales in comparison to cinema releases, but there are some really pretty animations around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Good for Rebecca Sugar and that guy, I don't know, I guess.