Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

raditts posted:

The rumors I'd heard about this episode suggested that it wasn't censored, is there a different version or something?

Internet rumors can... exaggerate.

BUT HOLY poo poo IT CAME OUT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

TwoPair posted:

But I think the school administrators would start to get suspicious right around the time the 3rd Frizzle's incarnation started running around.

What, you think all Time Lords and Ladies are as chronically careless as the Doctor?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Magnus Condomus posted:

For anyone who has not seen Mystery Inc, you have no excuse now. Go forth and watch.

I finally got to see the last 13ish episodes and oh my god what.

Best adaptation of EarthBound ever.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

I'm about 10 episodes into Mystery Inc. Ummm... This is okay I guess? Why's this been touted so much? If I wasn't a fan of Scooby Doo growing up I'd have quit like 3 episodes in.

You're less than 1/5th of the way through. Pay attention to the myth clues and brace yourself.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I just came here to post this

i don't understand

what the gently caress

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

I tried to watch that show once but I found all the characters to be actively unpleasant.

Don't be such a wet blanket, Double D.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Not to mention that Cartoon Network doesn't WANT to air DC shows - the CN leadership seems to hate and resent DC on the whole, if the fate DC Nation suffered is any indication.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

Well, this weekend continues to be massively disappointing.

Fine, it's one of the best shows on CN that's aired in the past 5 years.

Happy?! :mad:

If it makes you feel better, it ended - it wasn't just "cancelled", it ran its story out as planned.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Man the new Magic School Bus might end up being better Doctor Who than Doctor Who.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

... I don't know about that.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

and Generator Rex was pretty fun all things considered.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Who the hell says "snark" except assholes from TVTropes?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Sithsaber posted:

Why is the word police after me for mocking Ben 10 episode 99999-73? Next someone will come out of the woodwork to defend H2O.

I'm "after you" for using words generally used by insufferable 15-year-old weaboos who watch too much MST3K and think they're the second coming of Oscar Wilde.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Motherfucker posted:

Why do we have a separate adventure time thread??

Can you imagine the alternatives? Do you have any conception of how many posts that thread gets?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Sithsaber posted:

That's still better than the word "dweeb" and all the sexual tension between Gwen and her cousin.Thankfully this tension was subverted by marrying Gwen off to bad boy Kevin when the series got its first revamp.

Oh my god, any sexual tension between Ben and Gwen is entirely the product the imaginations of weird hosed-up fans on TVTropes and other gross bits of the internet and gently caress you for even bringing it up.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Gaunab posted:

I wonder where the hell cartoon network pulls these lovely cg holiday specials from

the shambling corpse of the studio that made Reboot, IIRC

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Edit: What the heck, Ludo is voiced by Alan Tudyk? :psyduck:

Tudyk's got mad range. His Mad Hatter impersonation in Wreck-It Ralph is goddamn uncanny.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Who played the Mad Hatter for Disney's Alice in Wonderland, yes.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

frank.club posted:

cannot believe the terrible opinion about knd in this thread

:agreed:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The scheduling was horrible and Season 2 (with a 5-year timeskip) started a week after Season 1, which was... awful and alienating.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

IRQ posted:

The only ones still alive that I can remember are Katara and Toph (maybe a barely mentioned Zuko, but him and Aang were bffs) and they are basically the same characters just way older and not really important.

The shows problem isn't unlikable characters at all. It's tragically poor writing and story planning. Nothing makes sense and the plot veers off in the dumbest possible ways that aren't set up at all at the end of each season arc.

Aang turned out to have been a pretty crummy dad. Not abusive or anything but he played hella favorites with his kids.

Toph wasn't the best mom for her kids either.

Zuko actually shows up later and is great.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Oh yeah totes, I was a fan of that direction too.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

look look look, you're BOTH posters who've gotten whole threads shut down. let's stop with the fussin' and the feudin'.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I could have sworn something like that had happened due to your posting, Occ. My BadTM.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

No it was the one where Doc Ock steals Spiderman's body I think.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

STOP, STOP, you're BOTH pretty horrid posters.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

both of you idiots check your twitters and then shut up about each other forever

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

It's amazing that Greg Weisman's been doing TV action cartoons for over 20 years now, yet he still has NO loving IDEA how television production works. His reach far, FAR exceeds his grasp CONSTANTLY, in terms of longevity and spinoffs and poo poo, and it's infuriating for everyone who has to deal with the aborted plot threads and broken promises.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

you've lost me

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

mainframe's done nothing good since Beast Wars ended :colbert:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Frankly I'm tired of Tara Strong.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Tara Strong's being real bitter about it on Twitter.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Well she did just find out she wasn't even considered to (re)play one of her career-defining/most popular roles over social media. I'd say she's got just cause.

In the end though it's not that big of a deal, it's not like she's hurting for work.

She's trying to back a petition to get the original cast back, which is kinda scummy considering the new casting's already been determined.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

[source]

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

axleblaze posted:

That's dated from march, way before they announced who the recast was. This appears to be her current reaction

Well that's better.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Beast Wars was way better than Reboot and Beast Machines looked incredible for its day even though the plotting was a bit poo poo.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Nothing ever actually happens in Bee and PuppyCat. It's all malingering and none of the characters involved have any interest in anything other than lounging around and watching television.

It's so dull.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

PhazonLink posted:

Also I thought CN was 3rd place. Why else would they try CNReal?

They got in some high-level executive who had a personal hatred of animation and cartoons.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Thwomp posted:

From a few pages back, there was discussion of Mainframe and their 90s CG cartoons.

I think this was their high point and any discussion of Mainframe means I have to go search for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9t7G_lHeiY

The future has changed. Yessssss. The Autobots... LOSE! Evil... TRIUMPHS! And you... YOU! NO LONGER! EXIST!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

They're doing that second Hey Arnold movie.