Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
My daughter and I marathoned Hilda S3 yesterday. What a great show. I love the magic and fantasy that doesn't quite fit in with what people in the US think when they hear those two words. And the sense of adventure, things like how Hilda and her friends routinely leap over high places, can literally launch themselves from the atmosphere and land safely on those Woff things without shattering bones, etc. (Okay, the show gets a little carried away with how many times someone falls only to be saved by a passing Woff or someone else.)

Just a really smart show. Last Christmas I got my daughter the book that's basically a guide to all the mythical creatures and she loves it and wants there to be another with the creatures from this season. The book follows the show, not the graphic novels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Pretty sure that's it without looking at her bookshelf, yeah. I also got her a couple of Twig plush animals.

Seeing the Netflix branding reminded me that Chi's Sweet Adventure was another charming show. Its second season was never dubbed, but I think she's old enough now that she can handle subtitles. We read all the Chi books and some of the author's other cat mangas. They're so accurate to how we imagine a cat would think.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
New Bluey episode! The ending was interesting. So the Heelers are moving? I'm sure it's not far enough away to lose the supporting cast, but looking back at the episode as the kids working through the emotional impact of moving makes me want to rewatch it. The upcoming half hour episode "The Sign" is probably going to be more about it.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

"The Sign" is also supposed to be about Frisky and Rad's wedding as well. People are freaking out that this means the Bluey show is ending because the main characters are moving and "shows end when main characters move".

Reddit is full of things you should take with a grain of salt, but I saw someone post something from the show's creators. They are struggling to work on season 4 because of the expectations and desire to create something perfect. I don't think it's the end, but I'll bet it's going to feel like a series finale just in case they never get the inspiration to break the hiatus. Regardless, moving is a big event to a kid. I don't think this is the type of show to pull a last minute "actually, too many memories in this ol' house, we can't sell it!" but if they do, they'll do it right.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Bluey half hour episode: An excellent episode, full of emotional moments and easter eggs. I have a few questions about Australian real estate laws now. Edit: Apparently there is a five day "cooling off period", someone on Reddit linked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I got my daughter the Bluey video game, thinking it'd be cute. It's some good bonus Bluey content, but it's a terrible game. It brought me back to all those shovelware NES and GBA games based on cartoons. I could see young kids getting frustrated with it. Button inputs sometimes don't work; characters will snap-teleport to "catch up" to other characters even from 1/4th of a screen away, which makes the simple jumping puzzles annoying; there are in-game cutscenes every few steps, but the characters will say their lines from where ever they happen to be. For example, they need to find a toy. We get to the screen where the toy is, and Bandit goes "oh, here it is!" while he's talking close-up to the bottom right corner of the screen. Since there's always all four family members on the screen, sometimes they'll cover up whatever action is actually going on.

Mostly paid the $30 for a subpar Bluey episode, which is almost worth the price of admission, but we should have just watched a Let's Play.