Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Larryb posted:

There are still avenues they could cover if they did one day decide to make another series though. I don't remember if this has been touched on in Korra or the comics but it might be interesting to know just what Bending is, is it something you're inately born with by chance or could it potentially be taught to anyone with enough work? Also, if the Avatar is capable of using all 4 elements what's stopping any Bender from trying to learn another element as well?

I thought they explained this in the Korra TV show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

One reason was that the villain was really bland and not very memorable.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I went back a couple of pages in the thread and saw that people really like Gumball. I'm considering watching it, but just wanted to know if there is any sort of continuity and that I should start at a certain point.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

What's "Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared"?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

So I'm finally getting around to watching Gumball by watching this Father's Day marathon on CN right now. I'm enjoying what I'm watching, for the most part, with The Job as my favorite episode so far. The Hero was also good.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

The comics resolved the plot thread about Zuko's mom.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I forget, did they ever say what Arnold's last name was?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Don't forget the one whose head was exploded.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I don't remember the show that well, but wasn't Cat like Squidward?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

^ Didn't do well at the box office.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Return of the Joker

I don't remember that being shown in theatres.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

readingatwork posted:

The bigger mystery is why 4Kids tried to crowbar One Piece into the 6-11 demographic in the first place. If your platform can't tolerate violence of any kind then maybe, just maybe an action series that frequently has on-screen death isn't the way forward.

I thought I heard that One Piece was part of a package deal and that 4Kids was stuck with it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Has anyone watched the new Magic School Bus show? What did you think of it?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

BioEnchanted posted:

Something I liked about the original Ben 10 was that the main villain of the main arc, Ghostface, was just another alien - Ben didn't just defeat him, he got him. He fought him and went "Get you're DNA all up in this watch mate, I wanna be you!" In the end, there was nothing special about Ghostface. He's just another face in the universe.
I thought Ghostfreak was the villain for just season 3 and that him appearing in the Omnitrix again was a bad thing since it meant he could return at any time.

V Oh yeah, that's right.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 8, 2017

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

When people talk about their favorite scary kids shows, it's usually Are You Afraid of the Dark? or Goosebumps. Both are good, but my favorite was So Weird. It's a shame it ended the way it did.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Corzaa posted:

I quite liked Eerie, Indiana.

What was that show about and what did you like about it?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Guy Mann posted:

So Weird was X-Files Babies while Afraid was more Outer Limits Babies.

Interesting comparison. What about Goosebumps? Would that one be Tales from the Crypt Babies?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I think they also did Jackie Chan Adventures.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I haven't seen it in years, but I thought the Dexter movie was pretty good.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Was there ever a bad recurring segment in that show?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

So the Presidents song is getting an update, right?

Don't forget countries of the world.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I've never seen Young Justice, but from what I heard it's more similar to the Teen Titans comics while the Teen Titans show (not Go) is more in line with the Young Justice comics. Is what I heard right?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I started watching Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated today as I heard it's one of the better Scooby-Doo series. So far it's okay.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Mr Interweb posted:

What's your favorite Scooby Doo series?

I don't know. I remember watching a few episodes from the original series, the long episodes featuring celebrity guest stars, and Scrappy Doo, but I don't remember them that well. The 13 Ghosts series was different for having real monsters instead of people in disguises. In fact, there were a few TV movies featuring classic monsters, like the one with the treasure hunt and 3 ghosts, the Ghoul School, and the wacky races one where Shaggy was a werewolf. A Pup Named Scooby-Doo was cute. The last thing I can remember watching was 4 animated movies, the first had zombies, the second a witch's ghost, the third aliens, and the fourth a computer virus(?). I think I liked those movies since they were quite different to the shows before them. Otherwise this is the first time I've watched anything with Scooby-Doo in over 15 years.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Inescapable Duck posted:

It's funny how close we came to a Disney animated canon shared universe.

Some would argue Disney has already done it, if Easter Eggs and cameos count. There's also the Aladdin/Hercules TV crossover.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I remember someone making a theory that Ariel and Hercules were related based on the assumption that Ariel's grandfather was Poseidon, brother of Zeus.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I forget if it was said in the original series, but one thing I remember from the first episode of Chronicles (Netflix took down the series before I could watch the rest) was that they explained that Shen Gong Wu were also created by people other than Dashi, probably masters of the temple. I liked that detail as it explained how there were so many Shen Gong Wu and how troublesome ones like the Heart of Jong were around. It might have been interesting to see the main characters design and create their own Shen Gong Wu.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Speaking of DC shows, how's that Justice League Action show?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

nevermind

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Did he also do that show, The Ripping Friends?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I saw in another thread the possibility of an Avatar rewatch thread. It's been years since I last watched the show and it sounds like fun. Just thought someone here might like to know about that or maybe start it.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Apr 18, 2018

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Do they have the pilot without commentary?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Argue posted:

Which just made things all the more confusing when Static asked Batman where Robin was and Batman replied "he's with the Titans."

It's funny you bring up Static, because if I'm remember right Static Shock crossed over with almost every other DC animated show at the time, the exception being Teen Titans (and maybe Zeta Project too, I don't remember). It crossed over with Batman, Superman, the Justice League, and Batman Beyond.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

The point I was trying to make was that they were already doing crossovers with their shows. What made Teen Titans so special that it wasn't allowed?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

After what happened with Ben 10 and Powerpuff Girls, you'd think that CN would take a hint.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Has anyone compiled a list of old shows that need a conclusion?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

SlothfulCobra posted:

Milo Murphy's Law seemed pretty good, but then it went on hiatus in 2017, and apparently is due to return in 2019?

Kinda puts the SU breaks people complain about to shame.

SU people aren't complaining about breaks, it's that the network is sitting on completed episodes for months. And if you want to talk about long breaks without episodes, I need only point you towards the Venture Bros.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

You'd think that the movie would have dissuaded any further live action plans, but apparently the creators see something in it to make it worth while.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Larryb posted:

I've never read the comics so I don't know if they went into the Beifong family origins in any more detail but yes, as far as I can remember her parents were indeed nobles.

Speaking of the ATLA/Korra comics, I've heard mixed reviews so far. Are any of them particularly worth reading?

There's the second ATLA comic arc, which is about Zuko's mother.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

And that's why you eat cereal with milk, to soften it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

That Flimflam looks borderline rehabilitated to something not terrible. It's surprising. Also seems to be a lot of focus on Daphne in the trailer (after Shaggy and Scooby)

Makes sense since Daphne was a main character in the original 13 Ghosts series.