Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The one Regular Show episode I recall is the rap battle episode that had Tyler The Creator and Donald-Glover-As-Childish-Gambino playing the rapper villain characters in the episode that I only found out later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Is it weird that I have a vague nostalgia for Destroy Build Destroy? it was a fun concept for a game show, at least, even if it was on the wrong channel to be showing that sort of thing.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

SlothfulCobra posted:

I have mixed feelings about the current model that a lot of shows go through where they putter around for a season or so acting like they're episodic and then finally get around to having a plot where it gives people expectations that might not get fulfilled. Some shows just never really do have a plot kick in, and it doesn't seem like any shows are trying to start a plot any earlier either.

I'm reminded of an edit I saw of The Dark Knight quote, in reference to Amphibia, where it summed up the current state of animated shows as "You either die an episodic sitcom, or you live long enough to see yourself become a shonen anime."

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I've been trying to nail down the exact energy that the Earthspark version of Bumblebee has, and I think I got it: He's a student teacher who 1. was not prepared for teaching to be this stressful, 2. still wants to do a good job and 3. is determined to not let being responsible stop him from being fun and funny

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I liked the bigger Elastigirl focus, and her friendship-turned-not-friendship with Evelyn.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
the vibe I got from Totally Spies was it was a never-ending parade of this image:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
the only other thing I can think of is that it was part of the same wave of French and Italian anime-styled shows in the mid-2000s as stuff like Winx, Huntik, W.I.T.C.H., Code Lyoko, etc.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I remember reading that while obviously, the Golden Age of Comics wasn't perfect, it was often shockingly better about things like that than the Silver Age that followed it later was, at times. Like, Silver Age Lois was obsessed with getting Superman to marry her and that was also the era of Wonder Woman being vaguely apologetic about rescuing male characters.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
YO I enjoyed it quite a bit too, can't wait for more. I'm actually going back and watching Prime for the first time in order to get my fix-definitely more serious and plot-focused, but it's still a good time.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I saw that Ben Schwartz (Randy Cunningham, 9th Grade Ninja, Dewey from the Ducktales reboot, Leonardo in Rise of the TMNT, movie Sonic) supported it too as well

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Misread, I don't think he's striking, he's just supportive of it

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I coulda sworn I heard he was vaguely connected to the whole Dan Schnieder thingy but my memory is crap so I'm not sure on that front.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHvzw4Ibuho

New Mutant Mayhem trailer.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I feel like you could make an argument that Fairly Odd Parent's peaks were Channel Chasers and the Jimmy Neutron crossovers.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/cinelinx/status/1665818110597660681

Mutant Mayhem will continue into an animated show.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I actually found the first OP to the Japanese dub of TMNT 2k3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZUs3XQ6fuY

Actual OP to establish credibility, and here's the song in full:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fwNJo7PBHE

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I pity my child self because he liked Johnny Test. Seriously what the gently caress was I on

Didn't Craig McCracken say something to the effect of "Make the shows you remember watching when you were young, not what they actually were" or something to that effect?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh by the way on the whole moral message thingy I found this:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

I was reading through a massive backlog of posts in the “Media that did not age well” thread in PYF, and this post seems relevant to the discussion at hand:

Both these pictures are a young Drew Carey

Dolly Parton once lost a Dolly Parton look-alike contest to a drag queen.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
yunno i was wondering if/when we were gonna get a wave of revivals of the TMNT knockoffs like Street Sharks and Extreme Dinosaurs and C.O.W.Boys of Moo Mesa, but that wouldn't have been my first pick

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

SlothfulCobra posted:

what the gently caress did you say to me

Do you mean this in a "actually that show ruled" way or a "wait that actually existed" way

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I thought that was the 60s one.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I remember liking the one where there was a mini-team with a teenage Iron Fist and White Tiger and stuff.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
the one thing I know about that one is that Robbie Daymond voiced Peter there.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
See I'm young enough that sweat drops and cross-pop veins and wavey purple lines are just Things to me and I have no strong opinion on them in anything.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTGp18qLvlU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Idly, since it has some overlap in the characters depicted, how good is Young Justice?

I have... VAGUE memories of a show I think was it, because I recall seeing something where there were robot copies of the adult heroes (Superman etc) going around that depowered the originals and they had a weakness of punching their chest sigil, but I am Legit Not Sure if that was Young Justice or another show.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Advance screenings from Mutant Mayhem have hit and it's getting really good reviews (including two from people I know and talk to-one of them even said that it's the second best Turtle movie after the 1990 live-action one, and given how much he loves that that is high praise)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I will also back Earthspark, it's doing some interesting things and it might legit have the best-handled human sidekick characters in any TF show?

(don't quote me on that tho.)

also I cannot hate Prime simply owing to the fact that Knockout is exactly the perfect Dramatic Evil Bisexual rep I love. /semi-joking.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Larryb posted:

Off the subject, anybody have a chance to see the new TMNT movie yet? I've been hearing mixed reviews so far

...mixed reviews? it's Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yeah just got back from Mutant Mayhem myself and I loved it. Fun, funny, heartfelt, great action, amazing animation, loved the characters. Were some parts of arcs easy to see coming? Certainly. But that's not a bad thing, and they nailed everything it needed to.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I feel bad for myself for getting into Reboot thanks to that awful Power Rangers wannabe sequel thingy, Guardian Code.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I remembered enjoying it context-free of it being a... reboot of Reboot (that's so confusing!) but my brain hadn't fully formed yet at that point so I thought anything was cool. Now? With more context (still haven't SEEN OG Reboot) and a more developed sense of good and bad? The four teen characters are SO. BORING. It's reheated Power Rangers stuff without any of the charm or even cheese that made it endearing.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
There were a lot of really off management thing I heard of too, like the CEO? Producer? someone high up demanding they swap the type of animation software they used, and someone getting the main teen renamed after their son.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Larryb posted:

Back to Mutant Mayhem, was Donny voiced by a 12 year old? He sounds way younger than the rest of the gang

April had a decent arc but I could have done without the extended scene of her puking (also she does not look remotely like a high schooler)

This is the second version of Splinter who was just a rat to start with (though Hamato Yoshi just doesn’t exist at all and he doesn’t have much interest in martial arts)

Micah Abbey (Donnie's VA) was born November 8, 2007, which makes him as of today 15. For context, Nicolas Cantu (Leo) is 19, Brady Noon (Raph) is 17, and Shamon Brown Jr. (Mikey) is 18.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Seth Rogen really just gave us free canon found family and high school au content huh.

I would not be surprised if the series was actually mostly high school slice of life comedy and Shredder is saved for the proper movie sequel.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I mean, Mutant Mayhem's doing drat well so far on the money side, and it's reviewing EXTREMELY well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Seth Rogen could pull the coming movie sequel as a defense-"We need to set up some stuff in Tales for Mutant Mayhem 2 to make sense, if you slash our episode count the movie will be worse".