Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

What is Robotomy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

bondster posted:

Annie Award nominees are up

Also, according to that list Peter Chung directed Firebreather :psyduck:

The Simpsons, really?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Circutron posted:

This is going to be an actual cartoon on Cartoon Network.

It's like they've decided Flash is too costly and they went all the way down to MS Paint to animate this.

They've had worse poo poo on As before, 12 Oz Mouse and Tom Goes to the Mayor for example. This is for AS right?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

TwoPair posted:

Question: when and where can this pony show that is apparently pretty good be found? I haven't seen any advertising anywhere.

It's all up on youtube, except the one airing today I guess.

In non-pony related news, there appears to be either a new or a recut(I think recut) episode of Phineas and Ferb on saturday.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Tartarus Sauce posted:

Last I saw it--

Hated it hated it hated it hated it.

I think the first and most severe strike against it is that it's obviously Flash animated, and I'm pretty drat sick of Flash.

From there, I just found the characters dumb, irritating, and loud. Their rivalry just seems so pointless and stupid, so I can't bring myself to to root for either of them.

BUT, this is based on one episode, and a few clips, so I'll give your clips a try.

I've seen it a couple times and didn't like it either. It suffers from the Fairly Oddparents problem where everyone is yelling all the time no matter what the context is, only it isn't charming enough to overcome that like Fairly Oddparents (usually) was.

And like others have said I could never figure out who I was actually supposed to like on the cast.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

readingatwork posted:

Also, I'm reading the backlog of this thread and am noticing a lot of hate for Johny Test. I've never seen it so I'm going to have to go and see if it's really that bad.

*whipcrack* Yeah it's *guitar whammy bar* that *whipcrack* bad *whipcrack*

This comprises about 5 frames of animation that despite what you would think contain lots of character movement.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

scorpiobean posted:

Since when is the 90s considered retro? :saddowns: I swear I'm not that old!

You can legally gently caress people conceived 4 years before Seinfeld started.

You're old. :negative:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

TwoPair posted:

Every time I see a trailer for that show Problem Solverz air, I keep thinking "Well, maybe there's a tiny chance it could be good..." but then I think about it some more and it will be a goddamn miracle if that show subverts my expectations.

The first episode has been posted on youtube or CN's streaming or something, I don't remember where I saw it but it's loving horrible.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Cliff Racer posted:

It made me laugh once during the episode and had fast paced dialogue. That instantly makes it better than Perfect Hair Forever, and 12 Oz. Mouse.

That isn't saying a whole lot though.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sockser posted:

I kinda liked the Problem Solverz ep on YouTube :shobon:

What sort of drugs are you on?

I'm just wondering what it takes to make that watchable.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Cliff Racer posted:

Anyways, its a shame about Symbionic Titan but who didn't see this coming (if not this season then at least next season) the show just didn't find an audience and was preforming worst in its time-slot against a bunch of shows that cost less than it to make.

Moving it to Wednesday can't have helped.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sockser posted:

According to Girl Daffy's profile, she looks kinda like a goth and Daffy is dating her because he "loves a project" so I imagine she's a bit more 'alternative' than Daffy/Bugs/Lola

I feel retarded writing this holy poo poo.

:stare:

I've been mainly skimming the loony toons chat so I guess I might just be missing the joke but there isn't actually a thing that seriously says "she looks kinda like a goth and Daffy is dating her because he "loves a project"" right?

Please tell me that that doesn't really exist.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Street smart is code for she's going to either be Poochie or constantly sarcastic.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Neo Helbeast posted:

Nope.

My Little Pony's series/season finale is on Friday. According to wikipedia it's going to be about the prom/gala thingy majigger. I guess all fads have to end some time right? I really love me some of AppleBlooms optimistic retardation but, I guess I'll get a new avatar after the show ends.

You know it's gotten a second season right?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Neo Helbeast posted:

I've heard the rumors. It'd make sense seeing as how crazy popular it is outside of its demographic. But, alas this is Hasbro, I do not keep my hopes up that it will be as good as the first season. Although, Friday's episode had me in stitches with Pinkie Pie's disguises.

It's been confirmed by people on the staff! :)

I don't think Hasbro will gently caress with it either, it's the highest rated show on Hub and while I'm sure the suits are baffled by the adult fanbase it's money in their pockets either way.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Neo Helbeast posted:

They keeping making episodes were Pinkie Pie turns into a borderline serial killer an I'll keep throwing money at them.

OKI. DOKI. LOKI. :ese:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

So the new Looney Toons was alright.

But what in the hell was that preview afterward where Chowder and Panini got drawn all half assed and they called Chowder Gumball?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I actually loved seeing Speedy return to tv, even if there's no way he's going to do his old catch phrases because "racism."

Which is ironic because they basically made him a magic negro in this episode.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Not sure how I feel about Gumball just yet. I don't not like it - it feels a little slow, but that could be because it's just starting out. I like the mom and Darwin pretty well though.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

That blog post mostly just comes off as pissed that Symbionic Titan got cancelled.

Chowder, while I loved it, was getting pretty stale by the end. I'd rather shows like it and Flapjack get to do a proper ending and go out while they're still ok than run forever like Fairly Oddparents or SpongeBob (although I never did like SpongeBob in the first place).

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

muscles like this? posted:

Whoah, I didn't even read that enough to see the Problem Solverz part. Anyone who complains about CN not having original shows and shits on PS is an idiot.

Original and good are not the same thing. Especially in the case of Problem Solverz.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I keep expecting Gumball to yell I'M NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND! to his little sister and that's kind of unsettling. Is whoever does Gumball a former Chowder staff person or something because wow?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I never saw any of Symbiotic Titan season 2 because they moved it and I never had any idea when it was on.

It was only "ok" to me so I didn't really make any effort. But if it hadn't switched nights I would have kept watching.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

^^^^^ Seth MacFarlane wants to do it and Fox will do whatever the hell he wants as long as he can poo poo all over a piece of paper, call it a Family Guy script, and monologue with himself for 20 minutes a week.

muscles like this? posted:

The Flintstones wasn't really a "kids" show to begin with (they did a goddamn cigarette commercial.) It may seem tame as poo poo to people today but then a lot of TV was back then.

It was a cigarette commercial for awhile. Also wasn't there domestic violence or did that not make the transfer along with the rest of the honeymooners stuff?

readingatwork posted:

By the way, just what IS the relationship between Darwin and Gumball? Are they brothers, BFFs, life partners or what? I thought they were friends what with Darwin being a fish but the two are constantly together, I have yet to see Darwin's family seen or mentioned, and as of "The Third" it seems that apparently he and Gumball share a room. So now I'm just confused.

I think Darwin is a "pet" in the sense that they're not really related and Darwin doesn't have his own family or whatever, but in practice he's more of an equal? The mom treats Darwin like a son too in the DVD episode, I think. They both go to school and otherwise act as equals.

The show has a giant T-Rex that kills other characters on screen, does it really need to be explained?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

It's a long way from closing shop or anything, and the costs for the next season of stuff are already probably mostly sunk. I know ponies at least is already animating season 2.

But honestly with what most of their programming is (old rear end 80s poo poo) I don't see how they possibly thought the network would run with CN or Nickelodeon in only 8 months.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

From what I've heard it's just a two parter returning to that format (which the pilot used).

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Magikoopa189 posted:

I hope it's not lasting. :(

He looked like my cat when she's about to barf.

So he'll be ok in like 12 seconds.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

NPR did that again to someone else I think.

In all fairness, Clinton didn't know anything, the questions are just really obvious.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

And don't forget that Clinton had a little girl who grew up during the 80s.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Macaluso posted:

Why does this go on for nearly 40 seconds? Why can't Family Guy let a joke be quick, why do they have to have the joke go on and on and on? Whyyy WHYYYYYY

And this is why I DVR Family Guy, you can fast forward through that bullshit. Actually I'm not even sure why I still DVR it in the first place.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

readingatwork posted:

American Dad on the other hand is still hysterical.

AD was always the better show. Even Cleveland is usually better than Family Guy at this point.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Behonkiss posted:

In other news, the "brony" movement continues to embarrass itself.

:stare:

Some people really need to learn that there's certain things that should stay on the internet.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Yonic Symbolism posted:

could not make it past ~oh fluttershy~

I wonder if Lauren Faust sees poo poo like this and considers ending it all.

She already quit the show.

I actually made it to where they started doing something that I think was intended to be singing. It made my brain bleed. I then skipped ahead to where they complete their journey to Pizza Hut. 2 pizzas and breadsticks, for the 5(I think) of them. Yep.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 2, 2011

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

MLP:"bronies"::Avatar:shippers

Don't discount the show because part, an admittedly large part, of the fanbase is loving insane.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Dr Snofeld posted:

That should probably be FOR KIDS, actually, my mistake.

Well every show in this thread is FOR KIDS, so I don't see how that's an indicator of terribleness either. I don't know anything about the apparently very hosed up "Sonic" fans, but if it's referring to the lovely Sega game and even shittier cartoons, that was all for kids too.

The show itself is fun and if you just don't go to the darker corners of the internet about it you won't have to deal with the gross poo poo.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

ArfJason posted:

So, I guess I'm pretty much alone in not getting Gumball. Maybe it'sbecause I'm watching it translated? But something just doesn't click with me about it.

Gumball is... just ok. I don't enjoy it enough to bother watching it though. It's such a shame they cancelled Flapjack and Chowder and that's what we got instead.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

readingatwork posted:

Also, I don't really know if it's fair to compare it to Flapjack or Chowder. It's not really trying to replicate their formulas and it's not like FJ and C were dropped just because this show came on the channel's radar.

Also, jumping on the Johnny Test hate wagon because gently caress that show.

I know CN doesn't usually let shows go more than 3 seasons anyway, so it's not like I blame Gumball for Flapjack and Chowder ending, but even so it's hard not to make the comparison.

But I think we can all agree that Johnny Test is utter poo poo.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

ConanThe3rd posted:

Indeed, what season it is on? Because it's about that +1 seasons far too long.

Canadian mandated domestically produced content + cheap as gently caress to license, is my understanding for why it continues to exist.

Some people will say similar things about Total Drama *.*, but I find those to be at least entertaining, as a follower of Survivor/TAR. And that seems to have gone away lately anyway.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I think Canada mandates domestic content, which in and of itself is not a horrible thing (I am one of those people who liked Total Drama X), but which often results in extremely sub-bar content like Johnny Test. I mean, that show must cost nothing per episode, and they can license it to us for peanuts, but still make money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Tartarus Sauce posted:

And Jesus as well!

Haha, I didn't catch that one. I totally did catch The Dude and backed up the DVR to make sure I wasn't seeing things.