Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I never liked the sexist water bending stuff.

Everything else in the Avatar world is gender equal. We see no discrimination in any position or job - apart from between warring nations.

Then, out of nowhere, the Water nation decides to ignore half of their benders. You'd think such idiotic notions would have been thrown aside during 100 years of war as a 'luxury' they couldn't afford.

But bigotry is nothing if not stupid, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
loving Beebop live action, smdh.

Never have I seen a show so thoroughly and utterly miss the point of the original work.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Mraagvpeine posted:

I just hope they don't introduce aliens into the Avatar universe.

'Spirits'

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Unless you're an Airbender.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Junpei posted:

So... that "Quiet On Set" documentary is certainly stirring up a lot of talk about live-action shows and child abuse.

I already thought it was a nightmare of abuse and wasn't prepared to have so severely underestimated how bad it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
You can't read, but you can have dream knowledge of what a text says.

For instance, you might look at a street sign and know it says "Waterfall Lane" but you won't be reading the letters and forming it into a word.

In the same way you might find yourself in a store in a dream and know "Oh, this is the store my friend from primary school's dad owns which is also a Subway restaurant inside the Pentagon and has magic crystals inside a cave at the back."