Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Adventure Time is pretty much the best parts of Flapjack, Spongebob and Chowder combined. Overall, Flapjack is probably still better, but I attribute some of that to the fact that Flapjack has been on for longer.

I hope that CN does a proper DVD release for AT and Flapjack so that if I ever have kids they can watch this stuff and become awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

SpazmasterX posted:

Just gonna chime in and say that Chowder is probably the best kids cartoon for adults to land on television since Rocko and Animaniacs.

:byodood: I'M NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND!

I will refute this by saying that Spongebob is better in that criteria. I would have Said Flapjack is better but honestly I have a hard time classifying it as a kids show since I don't know what the gently caress any child would take a way from it. I would see it being more confusing and terrifying for any kid than entertaining.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Strange Matter posted:

My 10 year old sister thinks Flapjack is hilarious, so they're doing something right. She sings the themesong when it comes on and it's adorable. :3:

Flapjack is honestly one of my favorite shows to ever air. "No Syrup For Old Flapjacks" is possibly the best 15 minutes I have ever seen on TV.

"I'm not a-French, I'm a-German!"

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

...of SCIENCE! posted:

There's going to be a live-action Fairly Oddparents movie, with Drake Bell playing a Timmy Turner who is in his mid-20s but refuses to move beyond the 5th grade because his fairy godparents can just give him everything he wants. Jason Alexander (Seinfeld, duh) and Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm) will be playing Cosmo and Wanda.

This looks like it could be terrible, incredible, or incredibly terrible.

Honestly it sounds like they realize how ridiculous the premise is, and that it will be mainly a satire of the whole concept.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

404GoonNotFound posted:

EDIT: Also, not sure if the IGN preview clip has been posted here yet. gently caress it, I am in.

Is it just me, or is the Titan animated in a different way and seemingly edited into the scenes? The design is awesome but the animation is...jarring?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Doesn't Adventure Time share a lot of creative staff people with Flapjack? Hopefully they'll all be able to keep making awesome cartoons if it's true.

I hope it's not true either way :ohdear:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Macrame_God posted:

I can't help but laugh at the gratuitous use of the "swoosh" sound effects in this clip. It's hilariously corny.

Nothing turns me off to a cartoon faster than poor use of sound-effects.

Also that cartoon looks like Avatar meets Mirror's Edge meets TF2.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh my God that's amazing. Why isn't the Cap'n blue though :ohdear:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh, I just figured the prosthetic would be blue.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Waffleopolis posted:

This is now officially the most adorable/awesome thing on a children's show: The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack is now in production of their series finale, and will be live action.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Show creator Thurop Van-Orman will be playing Captain K'nuckles, and his own son will be playing Flapjack.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

There is no :3: big enough. He wins the Awesome Dad Award.

Re-quoting all of this just to ask where you found this stuff. I wanna let my sister know even though she'll be heartbroken.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Meeble posted:

It better be the most horrifying series finale to a children's show ever made :colbert:

And they better loving find Candy Island or I swear to God...

They already found and tasted Candy Island, they just couldn't stay there.

I just really hope they do a proper DVD release for the show.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 14, 2010

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

thelaughingman posted:

Found a longer promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAM_KEZuhdc

The mech-suits still look like poo poo since they're composited on, but other than that it looks cool.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

JackGeneric posted:

Fish out of Water played as the second episode, and it was only live action for ten seconds at the end. K'nuckles wasn't even blue. Kind of a lame way to send out a good show.

DAMMIT I knew I was right to be worried that the photos of Thurop getting all prostheticed up weren't blue :mad:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sockser posted:

It might be the characters. They're all cliched to hell and back.

This is the point of the show. You realize that, right?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Regular Show is loving awesome. Cartoon Network owns even though they shitcanned Flappy.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Shadow The Rat posted:

Regular Show is pretty awesome and I shouldn't have put off watching it as long as I did.

fist-pump

Dude go post in the RS thread so it gets bumped and doesn't die horribly! (It's my baby)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Life is Eat and Die posted:

Reading the knee jerk youtube comments makes me sad. Haters gonna hate. Is Problem Solverz for everybody? No. But at least CN is trying different things. If they hadn't hit rock bottom in 2009 they probably never would have given an undeground dude like Ben Jones his own show. The artistic risks they're taking are ballsy as all hell.

I think it's hilarious. Also who does the voices of the main dudes, they all sound familiar.