Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Look here, I wrote "big laundry" and I don't even remember what the reason was. I guess I assumed I'd remember, like it was some big genius idea... Big laundry, BIG LAUNDRY! It's crazy, I'm a crazy person.
Excellent thread idea.

Every Saturday I have been watching two shows a bunch:

Busytown Mysteries (Cookie Jar TV, CBS) - Okay I know this is like a show for toddlers and all, but for some reason I am compelled to watch the gently caress out of it every Saturday morning. I really want to buy a DVD and rip it and make a youtube edit of CSI: Busytown, cause almost every episode begins with something happening follow by Huckle saying "But it looks like we found... a mystery!" and I am compelled to just shout instinctively.

The Replacements (ABC/Disney) - I'm fairly certain this show spends more time making adult jokes than kid jokes. It's really hilarious, even has continuity gags (after the school got changed to George Stapler elementary it's remained that way since), and is an all around silly show. It's a great way to round off the weekend cartoon block before I cause myself physical pain watching Sonic X and TMNT afterwards.

haveblue posted:

Don't forget to watch the JLU episode "Epilogue", that ties back into the BB continuity and caps off the entire story.

One of my favorite eps. JLU was such a good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Look here, I wrote "big laundry" and I don't even remember what the reason was. I guess I assumed I'd remember, like it was some big genius idea... Big laundry, BIG LAUNDRY! It's crazy, I'm a crazy person.

kefkafloyd posted:

Both Zanzibar and I HAVE NO SON are the best episodes of the series and still hold up well.

I always wanted an avatar of Ralph Bighead hitting his head on the desk going NEVER!

Rocko working for the phone sex line and poorly reading from the script, at least at a younger age, slayed me.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Episode posted:

I miss the lax censorship of early nineties cartoons.

Yeah the only thing they retroactively censored in Rocko was Chokey Chicken. Ren & Stimpy only got one minor scene cut after airing where Ren vomits in the toilet in the pilot/The Big Sleep.

Then again if you've seen most of what was cut out from airing in R&S it's pretty blatantly obvious Kricfalusi probably made episodes run longer knowing half of it would have to be cut for Nick.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

The Steak Justice posted:

I just remembered a scene in Chowder where he's trying to learn to write, and he's fighting a bunch of letters, including one scene where the letter "R" is stalking him down a back alley. If I'm not reading too much into it, then it's amazing that they managed to get that onto a kid's show.

The most amazing I think was that Spongebob ep where they covered gay marriage, domestic abuse, and suicide all in the same 10 minutes. That took effort.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Netflix Instant Watch just kicked your rear end today.

The added all or most (or some) of:

Aaahh!! Real Monsters
Angry Beavers
Rocko's Modern Life
Invader Zim
Rugrats
Spongebob

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

hallo spacedog posted:

I went to check and you're right! They also have Danny Phantom, Fairly Oddparents, Hey Arnold and Ren and Stimpy, though I don't know if these are new or not.

Yeah it's new.

http://instantwatcher.com/titles/new

I'm considering making an Instant watch thread for TVIV, Netflix has been on the ball. Viacom went apeshit today and put up a fuckload of great shows.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Strange Matter posted:

What's the popular opinion on this show nowadays? It's been long enough since it was canceled that the Hot Topic stigma seems to have abated slightly.

I always liked it not for its LOL RANDOM elements but for its bizarre vision of the universe, especially the Erkins who enslave planets and turn them into giant food courts and mail rooms and who have a heirarchy based on how tall you are. I think a lot of the more original and subversive elements of the show got sidelined by the viewership in favor of jokes about tunafish and mooses.

I thought it was a really funny show all around, despite the Hot Topic-level popularity it got being shoved into my eyes often (I didn't watch it until after it died down). A lot of Vasquez's non-Zim stuff (JTHM, I Feel Sick, etc.) was merely okay. I have the same opinion of him as I do with John Kricfaluski, in that they've got talent but they truly shine when under a leash. That's when they try to push the envelope with what they have and make a stellar product, compared to say, SpikeTV's Ren & Stimpy, which ruined a lot of the dodgy humor the original episodes had.

kefkafloyd posted:

Got a Wii, Xbox, or PS3? Then use the built-in XBox service or the discs for the Wii/PS3 and you too can watch them on your TV of choice.

You have to pay for an XBL sub to use it on the Xbox though. Free of charge on PS3 and Wii.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Sockser posted:

The writer died last week

Thought that was just the artist.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Rewatched all the Angry Beavers episodes put on Netflix, and wow, that show was too smart for its own good. The wordplay was amazing. The Yak In A Sak episode probably being one of my favorites.

That and Norbert and I share a love for terrible black and white sci-fi B-movies.

"Your underwear says Wednesday? That's strange. Mine say October."

"As? What's as?"
"It's A.S., it's an O-mage to Jules Verne."

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Amorphous Blob posted:

Speaking of the Angry Beavers, did the final episode ever get released in any way? Supposedly it utterly trashed Nick's strategy of showing tons of re-runs and awkward way of releasing new episodes of shows, and was never aired.

Only thing I can find is wiki articles about a bunch of episodes that aired overseas and not in the us, and this quote from Everything2:

Daggett: "Norbie? What happens when you're...over?"
Norbert: "Oh, it's not so bad. If the cartoon's good, even if it isn't, it's rerun-incarnated!"
Dag: "Ooh...does that hurt?"
Norb: "No... Only when you get the later checks. The Cartoon-Being-Over Guys rerun it over and over and they make lots of well deserved money."
Dag: "Which they share with the people who made the cartoon, right?"
Norb: (laughs uproariously) "Right. So you see it's all for the better."
Dag: "Right!"
Norb: "Even though we're vanishing we'll be back over and over again at virtually no cost to the Network!"

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

bondster posted:

Just caught a clip of the new Scooby Doo thats premiering next week on CN. Everything about it seems generally better than the crap that was What's New Scooby Doo. Animation, voices, writing all seemed at the very least decent.

Best part is that Fred's dad who I believe is the sheriff might become a recurring character which is awesome because he's voiced by Patrick Warburton :swoon:

I was expecting to be a bit miffed about this but having watched the trailer, I think it could be really great. I liked the Mystery Team-like angle that their parents are disappointed in them and that they're still doing this poo poo.

That and the two things someone has to say to get me to watch a cartoon instantly is "H. Jon Benjamin" or "Patrick Warburton."

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

I blame Gadget from Rescue Rangers for starting the furry movement.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

thelaughingman posted:

Youtube has a posted a preview of Mad.

edit: It looks somewhat promising.

Oh god that looks awful. I still think MAD died with Gaines. Why Kill Yourself indeed.

quote:

edit2: As well as the The Looney Tunes Show.

I'll give it a shot. That looks kinda decent, and the concept of the neighborhood of characters is a good one to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Regular Show is pretty awesome and I shouldn't have put off watching it as long as I did.

fist-pump