Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The new Batman series The Brave and the Bold is pretty great. It's a (mostly) not serious take on the character with more emphasis on comedy than drama. Although there are some serious episodes like the recent "Chill of the Night" which involved Batman tracking down the man who murdered his parents. One of the things I like about the show is the writers mix and match attitude towards continuity. So you'll have old school design Green Arrow next to the most recent Blue Beetle. They also give shout outs to the old school shows as Kevin Conroy (B:TAS & JL/U Batman) guest starred recently as the Batman of Zur En Ahr and in the aforementioned Chill of the Night episode Adam West played Thomas Wayne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I loved that the three parts that make up Batman's personality are; Intelligence, Aggression and... Stoner.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Any word on if that new show starting this week, Generator Rex, is any good?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hallo spacedog posted:

There was also a great Dune reference in the beauty pageant episode of Billy and Mandy. One of the parts of the contest is a Gom Jabbar test.

There was another episode where the entire thing was a God Emperor of Dune reference.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't watch the show but what's the deal with Ben 10 and the constant new series? It seems like every other season it's a new "series."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Episode posted:

For whoever cares, CN ordered an additional 20 episodes of Generator Rex.
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/04/28/ben-10-ultimate-alien-generator-rex-renewed-by-cartoon-network/49931

Apparently, and unsurprisingly, the premiere was a hit last week. I guess we can all look forward to Generator Rex: The Next Generatortion in a few years, as well as the inevitable GR/Ben 10 crossover.

If I was 10 I'd probably be all over Generator Rex. It's got well animated action, monstrous villains and just a little bit of an edge. Now it doesn't really do anything for me, which is fine since it's audience IS 10 year old boys. Unlike shows such as Adventure Time and Flapjack which are trying to throw in some more stuff for the older set.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gorelab posted:

Freakazoid?

That was quite a jolt Freak.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

haveblue posted:

Those backgrounds are fantastic but I almost made a record-scratching sound out loud when I got down to the character designs. I really, really hope they look better in motion.

I mean, Tartakovsky has earned my trust many times over, and I'd watch an episode of Teletubbies if it had his name on it, but right now I don't know what he's thinking.

Those character designs are basically inspired by really old school anime/manga. They have a real Tezuka/Ishinomori(Cyborg 009/Kamen Rider) look.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

thelaughingman posted:

A preview of Firebreather:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_NUKU9OuPg&feature=related

Apparently whatever high school that takes place in has a parkour class.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everyone's wrong. The best Flapjack is a tie between Tee Hee Tummy Tums and the one with the dog.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Between, "Dude, how in the H are we going to fix this S?" and "You're the one who threw me too hard, you hole!", it's like they're trying to set a record for complaint letters to standards and practices.

EDIT: Okay, just got to the "But he's gonna be pissed!" part. I guess this is intended as a segue into Adult Swim or something. Also, Tom Sawyer.

The first episode also had them stealing the magic keyboard from a wizard while he was taking a piss.

The show was very strange but funny. As for the segue into Adult Swim, that would kind of make sense as they're supposed to be starting an hour earlier sometime eventually.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminder that Sym-bionic Titan starts in an hour.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alright, Gemberling is a pretty funny dude.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Steak Justice posted:

So I keep seeing this "FireBreather" movie being advertised on cartoon network. It doesn't look good at all, but the thing I can't get past is that the kid is half dragon.
They specifically state his dad is a dragon.
From a logical standpoint, this means his human mother got knocked up by a huge fuckoff dragon. The rest of the movie could be a spectacularly written epic, but it would never be able to recover just because it is implied that A DRAGON BONED HIS MOM.

Yeah, that bothered me about the commercial as well. They make a big deal about his dad being like 60 feet tall.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think tonight's episode showed that it is definitely not Earth. There was a Saturn type planet in the background.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

thelaughingman posted:

I thought last nights episode of Robotomy was pretty awesome.

Its a pretty good show, it just had the misfortune of premiering after Adventure Time and Regular Show which are pretty GREAT shows.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Getting away from censorship for a minute, it seems that CN is doing a one hour special showing of Young Justice on the 26th. The look for the various heroes looks more like the recent DTV movie versions than the old DCAU ones. The commercial for it was also downplaying any characters other than Robin, Impulse and Aqualad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just remembered that they also showed Superboy in the commercial as well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, the first two episodes of Young Justice just aired and they were pretty cool.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A kind of weird bit of Young Justice was that Speedy had this whole introductory bit but apparently he's not a regular character on the show.

Also, the female characters kind of get the short end of the stick as Miss Martian is only in the last two minutes of the show and Artemis doesn't show up at all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So for that Firebreather movie did they ever even kind of explain the mechanics of how a giant monster and a regular sized human woman had a kid?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Macrame_God posted:

I did not know this. Now my mind is blown. :psyduck:

When they re-dubbed Akira that is, he didn't do it the first time as he would have been rather young for that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, CN just showed a little trailer of the new Thundercats show and its apparently anime as gently caress.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Batman: Brave and the Bold is back this Friday on Cartoon Network and I was rather surprised by the episode description.

"The Battle of the Superheroes!" Superman joins forces with Batman

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The problem with Megas was that it had an interesting premise but was hamstrung by the main character being a dick who never learned or grew.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dr Christmas posted:

The new Superman-centered episode of Brave and the Bold was awesome, referencing a bunch of crazy Silver-Age stories and reenacting a few of the comic covers featured on Superdickery.

The best one was replicating the crazy throne and crown of King Superman.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just saw a commercial for that new Looney Tunes show and man, Bugs looked wrong. He was too short and oddly colored.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Bugs and Lola definitely came out worse for wear but I like them for the most part :shobon:

Ew, what'd they do to Gossamer (the big red monster)?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tonight's episode of Batman was pretty great up until the very end where they ended up doing this ultra cop out ending. The premise of the episode is Batman getting bitten by a vampire and after slightly toying with a "Red Rain" adaptation they switch it up a bit and have Vampirebatman versus the JLI in the Satellite. The whole thing was pretty fun/funny until the very end where the whole thing turned out to be a hallucination after Batman got bitten in the very beginning of the episode. Also another sucky part was apparently they don't have Jeremy Shada as flashback Robin anymore.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The weird thing is that the show already had an "out" in that Jason Blood was supposed to be developing a cure so they could have just dosed everyone with it. Also they apparently had some crazy restrictions like the fact that they couldn't actually show anyone being bitten so it had to do a cutaway every time it happened.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Magnus Condomus posted:

I can't say I've heard that turn of phrase before. Should I be offended or something?

"cruising" is the term for random gay hook ups.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10wM_8jES5o

Trailer for the new Voltron show, Voltron Force. I'm posting this because all the character designs look almost exactly the same as the parody series Titan Maximum. Especially the main pilot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chibs posted:

GOT MY BALCONY HOOKERS
GOT MY BALCONY COCAINE

Look at this motherfucker.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know a lot of people don't like it but I fuckin' love Problem Solverz.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whoah, I didn't even read that enough to see the Problem Solverz part. Anyone who complains about CN not having original shows and shits on PS is an idiot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Flintstones wasn't really a "kids" show to begin with (they did a goddamn cigarette commercial.) It may seem tame as poo poo to people today but then a lot of TV was back then.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sockser posted:

Why are there new episodes of Johnny Test

WHY ARE THERE NEW EPISODES OF JOHNNY TEST

Isn't the show heavily subsidized by the Canadian government as part of their whole promoting Canadian shows deal?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chibs posted:

Not sure, probably not, but was that Rich Fulcher as the zoo cop on Problem Solverz?

Yes it was. That episode was fairly meta what with the main plot being that people on the internet hate the Problem Solverz.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I actually like the last reboot of Masters of the Universe. Mainly because Skeletor was a tremendous DICK. Also was fun was watching them dance around the fact that Teela was conceived through pre-marital sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if that story arc where they replace one of the main characters is still as insane as it was years ago when it first aired. From what I remember they replaced the actress but used "magic" to make everyone see the original person.