Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'll only believe Reboot is back when the first episode actually airs. They've cried wolf way too many times about a revival to trust anything they say.

Edit: Also that description just sounds like a bog standard kids show that they just slapped the Reboot name on.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neo Helbeast posted:

Whelp one of my friends pointed out to me something I glazed over in the press release:

who discover that they’re next-gen Guardians with a mission to save the world, by defending it in cyberspace. The Internet revolutionized the world, but it also left it vulnerable to attack. With the help of VERA, the last surviving cyberbeing from the original Guardian Program, our heroes stream into cyberspace where they use their awesome code-based powers to battle viruses that have been unleashed by a ruthless hacker. Known only as the Sourcerer, he seeks to rule the world by controlling cyberspace. Original fans of the show will be happy to hear that Megabyte will be back and he’s getting a major upgrade." It will also be a combination of live action and CGI.

My enthusiasm has been thoroughly crushed.

I like how they didn't mention Megabyte in that blurb you'd never realize this was supposed to be Reboot. None of that has anything to do with the original premise of the show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That Power Rangers short was fun for just an experiment but I certainly wouldn't want to see a full on movie/series like that (which isn't happening anyway.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

paradoxGentleman posted:

Man, what is it about Sonic that generates this sort of fan.

Its really loving bizarre. I was the right age for Sonic stuff when it first came out and nobody at school cared about that poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Surprising no one, CN has renewed Adventure Time, Regular Show and Steven Universe.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ThermoPhysical posted:

Have they renewed Gumball yet?

I don't think the thing I read mentioned Gumball, they did renew Clarence though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skeletor was the best part of the 00s He-Man. He was just a constant dick the entire show. Also great was the flashback episode about Man At Arms brother where they had to figure out a way to say that two characters had sex.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sleeveless posted:

The Thundercats remake from a few years was really pretty and did a lot of good little things like having Wily Kit and Kat be cute and non-annoying but the actual script was weak as hell. In a better world it could have been a great adventure show.

It had the problem of a bunch of stupid episodes at the beginning that took forever to actually pay off. The show had a strong opening but then it had a string of episodes that were just Thundercats run into someone with problem, they fix it. Then late in the series (I think it might have been the final episode) everyone they helped came to their rescue during a big battle.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

Wait, Shrek? I'm not a fan of that franchise, but Shrek wasn't a jerk. He just wanted to be left alone.

Donkey was popular and a huge rear end in a top hat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Don't know how well known this is but I just read that the next season of Adventure Time (starting in November) will have an eight episode run of episodes titled "Stakes" which will go through Marceline's past.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaunab posted:

Adult swim lost an hour apparently.

And this week CN is using it to show Over the Garden Wall again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked the first episode of Long Live the Royals. It won me over with the painting "enhance" scene where they kept bringing in larger close up paintings. Also the introduction of The Dandies was suitably 80s gang.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pakled posted:

Jhonen Vasquez is making a new Invader Zim comic series after years of swearing he was done with Zim forever so maybe that'll go somewhere?

The rumor I heard is that he doesn't actually have anything to do with the comic other than just being an ideas guy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

readingatwork posted:

I want to take this time to poo poo on Doug some more.

Seriously, gently caress Doug. I can forgive it for being boring, stupid and having an entire cast of unlikable Chucklefucks. But I will never, ever, forgive it for being one of those shows that thinks embarrassing the main character is somehow inherently funny.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about here? Doug would want to go to a concert or something, have a completely pointless dream sequence about it (another pet peeve of mine), realize he'd been rocking out to nothing in public, and then get laughed at by everyone. This is supposed to be HILARIOUS but I always just felt kind of bad for the boring little bastard. Plus, I empathize pretty strongly with characters as I watch them so when the show would pull this poo poo a small part of me would be getting laughed at right there with him. Thanks for that, show!

I liked the original Nicktoons Doug back in the day when he was a normal awkward kid having normal awkward kid adventures. Then Disney got the character for some reason and completely ruined the premise. Everything because completely outlandish and they decided to change things up with just about every character for no reason.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah there was also stuff like Mrs Dink becoming Mayor and them going to a new school built by Bebe's dad and it was shaped like her head.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Frankenstein Jr is such a weird cartoon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Y-Hat posted:

You guys are reminding me of things that I'd really rather have forgotten about forever.

Third GIS result for "frond bob's burgers":

Mr Frond is basically an unnamed character David Herman did on King of the Hill in the episode where Hank accidentally cuts off Dale's finger. He played an anger management teacher who talked almost exactly like Frond and wore the same outfit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC part of the reason KotH got a ton of famous people is because Kathy Najimy (Peggy) has a ton of connections through being besties with Jennifer Aniston.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A saw a commercial for that and I guess they gave this new version of the girls some new power where they make energy constructs? You can kind of see it for a second in the video.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Gumball special on tonight was a lot of fun.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Seeing Moko Ono reminded me of the Beatles parody episode they did. I didn't get that episode at all when I was a kid because I hadn't been exposed to a lot of the Beatles, so it was just the weirdest thing.

It was funny how they went for a bunch of obvious jokes but then also added in some obscure stuff like the "Silver Beat-Alls" part.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It really seems like CN doesn't know what to do with scheduling right now. Like I didn't see any advertising for their new thing, which is new Regular Show and Adventure Time on Saturday nights.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I remember CN back in the late 90s/early 00s and how great it was late at night because they constantly showed the stupidest poo poo H-B cartoons. Like the one where Gary Coleman was dead.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

computer parts posted:

After Scooby Doo became a hit, they had literally a dozen different shows where the premise was "group of teenagers plus wacky sidekick/titular character". Pretty much all of them were bad and never seen again.

I think my favorite one was this one with a werewolf who could change by looking at photographs of the sun or moon.

It was hilarious how lazy they were. I think the laziest was Speed Buggy where the characters were literally just slightly redrawn Scooby Doo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lego Dimensions is adding some CN cartoon shows including TTG and Adventure Time and the Jake from Adventure Time just looks completely weird because they went with a human body for him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've started watching Gravity Falls and while I'm really enjoying it the only thing that I don't like is Pacifica Northwest. She just feels like a character from a different, more stereotypical kids show. I only just finished watching episode 9 so maybe they do something interesting with her but so far they really haven't.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think my favorite part of the show so far is how the future in the time travel episode makes perfect sense if you actually freeze framed the historical document from the previous episode because it mentions the time baby.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was wondering, how come there hasn't been a new GI JOE cartoon? Is it the terrorist stuff?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Macaluso posted:

Ya know what Rocko getting a movie and Invader Zim, as well as Steven Universe, it's time to take it to its logical conclusion:

Freakazoid Movie

Weirdly enough on the most recent episode of TTG Robin was falling, hit a clothesline and ended up in the Freakazoid costume for a second. Of course that doesn't mean anything other than someone at WB Animation remembers Freakazoid but at least somebody does.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else notice on Rocko that they went back to the original name for the chicken restaurant? It was originally Chokey Chicken but someone finally got the joke and they changed it to Chewy Chicken in later episodes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Netflix and (for some reason) Kevin Smith are producing a He-Man series but instead of a reboot they're billing it as a continuation of the original 80's series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Labes for days posted:

Oh man I can’t wait for more Fisto!

One of my favorite bits from the 00s reboot was them trying to figure out a way to imply that Fisto and the Sorceress had sex without ever actually saying they had sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

readingatwork posted:

As much as I'd like to see more Zim (and I'd REALLY like to see more Zim) I'm actually ready to see something new from Jhonnen. Let the man try some other random idea, he's earned it.

Quote from an interview with him about what he was doing before Florpus

quote:

My mind was on other matters, really! In the recent years leading up to production on the Zim movie I was elsewhere developing other things that just didn’t fly. Heartbreaking stuff sinking years of your life into something people will never see and then seeing generic stuff churned out in place of what you were trying to do. Those years are just sorta buried with no real proof of your existence