Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

The first episode of Regular show is up on youtube and iTunes.

"I've always wanted to date a girl named the power"

Edit: aaaaaaaaand it's gone.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

T.U.F.F. Puppy and Planet Sheen will premier OCT.2 on nick.

edit:

And Glen Shadix has died:
http://blog.al.com/bob-carlton/2010/09/actor_and_bessemer_native_glen.html

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

The second episode of Regular Show is on youtube. watch it before it's to late:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO4tcXsOdzs

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Toonzone posted an interview with Genndy Tartakovsky about Sym-Bionic Titan.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Some people are taking actions to stop Skechers' new cartoon.

edited

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 21, 2010

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

WB animation/Television will reveal some more info on young justice and the CG green Lantern series at this years New York Comic Con.

edit: As well as some other poo poo.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Toonzone posted some info on the cast of Robotomy. Most of the page is about Adventure time though.

Robotomy will premiere on Cartoon Network on Monday, October 25

quote:

Robotomy tells the story of Thrasher and Blastus, two outsider teenage droids who are only slightly less horrific than the ultra-powerful robots that populate their planet, Killglobe. Now they face their greatest challenge yet: high school. Armed with a desire to fit in (and little else), Thrasher and Blastus navigate their lives with varying degrees of success. Stand up comedy icon Patton Oswalt (Ratatouille, King of Queens) voices Thrasher, with John Gemberling as Blastus. Other celebrity cameos in the first season include Jack McBrayer (30 Rock), Lewis Black (Daily Show), Eliza Dushku (Dollhouse), rapper Lil Jon, and comedians Gilbert Gottfried and Lisa Lampanelli. Created by Michael Buckley (N.E.R.D.S., The Sisters Grimm), Joe Deasy and co-executive produced by Christy Karacas (Superjail), Robotomy, a quarter-hour series, is produced in at New York World Leaders Entertainment.

http://www.toonzone.net/news/articles/35282/cn-sets-adventure-time-s2-for-oct-11-robotomy-premiere-for-oct-25-2010

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

CN will produce a series based on "How to train your dragon"

edit: And some info about the upcoming Young Justice and Green Lantern series.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 13, 2010

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Tartarus Sauce posted:

True. Though, I think the Power Rangers still has kitsch appeal, whereas Zack and Cody and Hannah Montana just look painful.

The Jonas Brothers are the worst of all.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 17, 2010

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Sometimes I love the internet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3AH9y_wkk0

"Identify 3 different office supplies."

"A HAMBURGER :downs:"

":ughh:"

Ah, the fashions of the early 90s.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

AICN.com has a review of Tower Prep.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

MTV.com has an interview with with the creators of Robotomy

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 26, 2010

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

drat, I missed this weeks episode.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

I thought last nights episode of Robotomy was pretty awesome.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Behold the CN parental complaining.

edit:It's almost laughable.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 13, 2010

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

A five minute preview of Firebreather is on iTunes.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

raditts posted:

Didn't somebody in the original Power Rangers cast, not any of the Rangers but one of the secondary characters, murder someone too?

edit:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,514255,00.html

:stare:

I think he was just an extra.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

404GoonNotFound posted:

Sadly, it doesn't look to be up on the youtubes yet.

IO9.com has a trailer.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Toonzone has some info on what Cartoon Network has Planned for the rest of this year.

edit: I dont see sym bionic titan in the list of returning shows :cry:.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

JethroMcB posted:

*whip crack* Goddamn I hate Johnny Test *whip crack* Who the poo poo *whip crack* decided that poo poo *whip crack* needed more episodes? I mean most of their geuninely kid-oriented stuff is garbage *whip crack* but Jesus, that show *whip crack* is just a *whip crack* travesty.

Also, I can't wait to see 20 hours worth of commercials for Level Up and then have it premiere, fail and never be heard of again, (Note that "Tower Prep" is not on that returning shows list.) Scripted live action programming is never going to be your forte, CN.

The character designs and animation is pretty horrible too. I've seen better stuff made by high school students.

edit: Wonderful use of the whip crack too.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 24, 2011

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

The character designs were done by Jessica Borutski. I have always loved Chuck Jones style and I always will, but I really think it may be best to move ahead. The characters have always changed in look and personality over the decades and WB has been stuck on CJ mode a little to long.
The Humor has changed over time as well. In the early years Daffy Duck use to be super wacky crazy. Now he's a greedy jerk with a short fuse as well a foil for Bugs.

This is just my own personal and humble little opinion so I really don't want to force it on others.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

I think The Looney Tunes show has a little promise.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 30, 2011

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Toonzone posted an interview with the creator of the amazing world of Gumball.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

I see that Rob Renzetti is credited as story editor for MLP.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Macaluso posted:

"Hey Lois! Remember that time Seth MacFarlane brought back The Flintstones on FOX?"
"yea-wait, what?"

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/yabba-dabba-doo-seth-macfarlane-finally-gets-go-ahead-to-reboot-the-flintstones/

I wonder what effect this will have on the cereal.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

what is the consensus on "Dan VS.".

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Freakazoid still makes me laugh.

Scream!

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 6, 2011

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

The music for SMFA was done by Mike Conte from Early Man.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

The Steak Justice posted:

I just had a startling realization. I could always grasp the fact that Spongebob kind of stopped being any good after the movie, but I couldn't quite grasp why. The world and characters didn't change all too drastically, but everything was clearly worse. I thought I was just becoming jaded, but it struck me just moments ago; the reason new Spongebob is so bad is because they don't tell jokes anymore. Wacky poo poo happens all the time but there's no comedy anymore.
It's really tragic how badly something can fall apart when a show wants to die but the network won't let it.

Fairly Oddparents hasn't fallen as hard into this trap, though it definitely has to an extent.

There are way to many Celebrity guests as well. Spongebob has gone the way of the Simpsons.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

secret mountain fort awesome airs tonight.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

muscles like this? posted:

I'm really not sure I get CN's reasoning behind their Friday evening action block. They show new episodes of everything, except Thundercats which has started over. Also not fun was last week when they gave no notice on a schedule change and flipped Batman and Generator Rex.

Does anybody watch Generator Rex?

edit: other than me of course. :blush:

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 16, 2011

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

I'm enjoying the hell out of secret mountain fort awesome.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

IGN has posted a clip from one of the Teen Titans shorts.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Don't Forget to watch the "Hall of Game Awards " tonight! :downs:

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

mobo85 posted:

Yeah, DC Nation is going to be a Saturday Morning lineup. Which is kind of a shame, seeing as some of the stuff they're doing alongside it seems interesting (like shorts in various styles- Teen Titans shorts in the style of the series, Aardman shorts with Batman characters a la Creature Comforts, and a Batgirl/Supergirl/Wonder Girl thing from Lauren Faust).

There are also going to be some shorts about Amethyst, made by Teen titans character designer Brianne Drouhard.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Here is a list of what is comming and what is staying.

Toonzone posted:

Cartoon Network New Series:

•Nick Cannon Comedy Sketch Series
•Annoying Orange
•DreamWorks Dragons: The Series
•A New LEGO project will be coming
•Ben 10: Omniverse
•Beware the Batman
•Total Drama: Revenge of the Island

Returning Series:

•Adventure Time
•Regular Show
•The Amazing World of Gumball
•The Looney Tunes Show
•Ninjago
•Level Up
•Star Wars: The Clone Wars
•Young Justice
Johnny Test
•Pokémon
•Green Lantern: The Animated Series
•Almost Naked Animals
•Casper's Scare School
•Hero 108
•Scaredy Squirrel
•Sidekick

edit: and some specials and movies.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 29, 2012

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Quest For Glory II posted:

If ever there was an American show that was style over substance, Motorcity is it. Don't go into it for substance. Watch for the style. It's like a cross between Redline and a Gorillaz music video. It's like a big budget Liquid Television short.

It's also by Chris Prynoski (creator of MTV's Downtown) and written by George Krstic (creator of Megas XLR). So there's that too.

I wish there was a trailer to embed so you guys could see it in motion but the show's gone so far under the radar that there is not even a single promotional video on Youtube, AND it's on a niche channel (Disney XD).

Titmouse posted some preview animation on vimeo.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

raditts posted:

Seems like The Hub has finally grown tired of showing the same handful of episodes of GI Joe Renegades and Transformers Prime over and over, and have started showing GI Joe Sigma Six and Transformers Animated. I remember not liking either of those shows when they came on, but Jesus Christ they are ugly, ugly shows. I'm glad the era of anime dominating US animation blocks is finally in its death throes, that was a terrible decade or so for television.

Dan Vs. is the only thing I really watch on the hub.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

raditts posted:

If I hadn't happened across Dan Vs. randomly one day and laughed my rear end off I probably would've never watched it, because the commercials made it look like the worst show. Speaking of which, I haven't seen commercials for it in a while, did they cancel it to make room for more Hasbro '80s toy cartoon revivals?

Not as far as I know. They just finished the second season and the first season is coming out on DVD on the 17th.

Vaerai Archon posted:

Well for one thing, character proportions. You have Sari, while she does have big eyes and the mouth they arn't drawn the way animes eyes or mouths are drawn. It's still definetly a heavily western influenced character other than the possible spikey hair tufts.

The rest of the humans are all very geometric based shapes, they're not normal human proportions at all. Granted some heavily stylized anime characters have that type of body too, but if you're talking traditional anime characters, they have functioning topographical anatomy. Yes anime characters have things that end in sharp edges but just because something has sharp edges doesn't make it anime.

Then you have stuff like teen titans which mixed the two styles together to a somewhat effective means and then you have Avatar which was definetly 100% anime stylized.

I mean compare this:

to something like this

and animated really doesn't look anime at all.

Granted Transformers in the 1980's was originally entirely Japanese before it was brought over to America, but Animated was the most western take as far as cell animation goes, with Beast Wars and Beast Machines and the Bay movies probably being the most. But we're to the point where if western animation wants to look or mimic anime it can do so incredibly effectively without halfassing it.

(Derrick J. Wyatt) is working on the Ben 10 Omniverse. he was responsible for the character designs on Teen Titans and TFA.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

One episode of Dan vs. had a joke referencing Necrophilia. There was a recent episode that made a joke about child labor.