Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Hey Freakazoid. Wanna go get a mint?

Something about going to a place called "Make Mine Mint!", and not letting the viewer see what exactly they ate or what the store stocks cracks me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

I Am Fowl posted:

Ted Kennedy?

Kennedy Cartoons, one of the animation studios who worked on Tiny Toons and a number of other shows, and who is probably responsible for some of the worst-looking episodes.

Also infamous for the Kennedy Kick Dance, as parodied on OK KO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju_HW7ozM9I

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
OK KO has an episode with a bunch of gags of KO becoming aware of (and driven mad by) animation rules like not being able to pick up the more detailed rock since it's a background element

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Wishbone was isekai.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hopefully that ends up better than the Cartoon Network one.

it's by the team who made the best smash game to date (Slap City) who have shown that they can do really fun stuff with cartoony characters and they've already confirmed that it will have rollback netcode. in terms of just "how it plays as a video game" i bet it'll be really good and it'll come down to how much you care about the brands or aesthetic.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

MikeJF posted:

If you're going to do an avatar after Korra you pretty much either have to kill her off young or go modern day tech or beyond.

Tbf killing off Korra young is like the natural end point of that series where half the storylines are depression and making GBS threads on her inability to do anything without a nagging adult

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/cartoonbrew/status/1552048164873670663

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
forgive my ignorance on the industry, but a lot of the staff working on these teams (VAs, writers, animators) are union right? have the various unions and guilds spoken about this? i admit i don't really know how this sort of thing is handled but it seems like there'd be at least some sort of pushback there. like thats whole point of a union.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Appa kept him warm

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Sokka absolutely losing his mind when the actor says "slapapow!" is one of the funniest things

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Just wanted to weigh in and say that Regular Show owns. I agree that the formula is pretty established by episode 2, but when I rewatch it I generally skip like the first half of season 1 so I'd say the humor or characters still need a couple episodes to find their footing.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Looks like Toph was most recently voiced by Vivian Vencer in 2021, so itd probably be her. And Aang was Dustin Sardella.

Also the Avatar PBTA rpg is plenty good. Not the best PBTA game but far from the worst. And definitely a better fit for Avatar than something like a 5e hack.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

BioEnchanted posted:

I loved OG Teen Titan's 'tell' - you could tell if an episode was going to be wacky (like the Mad mod episodes and the TV dude, generally the best episodes of the series imo) because the intro would be in Japanese. I think that's what that meant anyway.

Mad Mod had some legit amazing animation, I highly recommend looking up some clips if you haven't seen it lately.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
obviously personal opinion but as a teen the "tonal whiplash" of TT was a feature, not a bug. i loved that there were both silly "filler" episodes and more serious or dark ones, and never felt like the former was hurting the latter.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lol the creator of the ghost show is ranting on twitter about how the Dark Web and piracy got his show cancelled because too many people downloaded it. it sucks that your show got cancelled but cmon.

https://twitter.com/InevitablyBill/status/1746985768923672776

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
basically everything I pirate I wouldnt have bought anyway, implying every pirated thing is a 1:1 lost sale is stupid. especially when theres been tons of examples where piracy leads to larger knowledge and preservation of media which results in more future fans who buy merch, DVDs, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dawgstar posted:

Korra does seem to straddle the line from 'screwing up' which is fine and even character building to 'incompetent' which is not so much but that's the fault of the writers.

am i misunderstanding or is this just how you could describe every piece of fiction? aren't all characters "the fault of the writers"? korra isn't a real person. or do you mean like, it could be a problem of directors or meddling execs?