Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

There have been a bunch of shows that have been killed for dumb reasons recently, but I still think it's a bit excessive to say that "if you only pirate shows your views aren't counting toward the decision of whether to renew shows or not" is the "worst take ever"

Yes, HBO might just kill it anyway, yes, the views might come too late and not factor into the decision anyway, but still if you view it by paying for a streaming service, your views are being counted towards a number that may be taken into consideration, and if you pirate it, they aren't.

Whether this would have made any difference for any actual show, I don't know, but I don't think it's an outrageous thing to say.

mystes fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Lol until the last three words of that sentence I thought you were talking about the real world
It really jumped the shark when they renewed it after the old testament

mystes
May 31, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

You can't read, but you can have dream knowledge of what a text says.

For instance, you might look at a street sign and know it says "Waterfall Lane" but you won't be reading the letters and forming it into a word.

In the same way you might find yourself in a store in a dream and know "Oh, this is the store my friend from primary school's dad owns which is also a Subway restaurant inside the Pentagon and has magic crystals inside a cave at the back."
People have very different levels of ability to visualize images. Are you sure that nobody can actually accurately visualize text in their dreams?

I have pretty poor ability to visualize stuff in general but I think even I have occasionally definitely accurately visualized text in my dreams.

For example, I'm pretty sure I've had a dream where in the dream where I saw a Japanese word and I couldn't remember the reading of it but I had visualized it well enough that when I woke up I did know the reading of the actual word I had been imagining in my dream.

mystes fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 3, 2024

mystes
May 31, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

In the next bluey episode Bluey's dad sees on the news that scientists have detected fluctuations in solar activity indicating a supernova within weeks
Going for the Dinosaurs ending

mystes
May 31, 2006

LifeLynx posted:

Bluey half hour episode: An excellent episode, full of emotional moments and easter eggs. I have a few questions about Australian real estate laws now. Edit: Apparently there is a five day "cooling off period", someone on Reddit linked it.
General Kids Show Discussion Thread: I have a few questions about Australian real estate laws now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

PhazonLink posted:

lol at my serious grown up npr station talking about the Bluey moving episode today, or videogames sometimes.

put that kiddy trash back in their age appropriate media ghettos
Real adults don't watch cartoons. That's why I'm holding out for an M. Night Shyamalan cynical cash grab live action version of Bluey