Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

we get it, you're too busy fellating Gabe to put yourself into someone else's shoes
Sick Music 2 has been leaked and is also killer. There are some craaaaaazy tracks. If you can track down and locate the bbc radio one essential mixes of pendulum (or you can ask me about them via AIM) they are both hugely hugely stellar.

High Contrast and Netsky are probably my favorite two artists currently producing, and if I recall both netsky and HC have releases slated for '10. If HC does anything close to Tough Guys Don't Dance (I don't care if you even like dnb get this album now) I will be blown away and so happy. Netsky has been pounding out great tracks for a while now, and Hospital's signing of him has gotta be a huge bonus.

You might recall earlier in the thread a 16bit remix of Noisia, which was ruinous. I'm a more liquid-minded guy, but after I linked the remix to a buddy he pointed me toward a 16bit single (dubstep, but dnb and 'step are pretty closely linked so why not). I was pleasantly suprised. I would also love to see that melody remixed into dnb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1EwGeuLYJs

feedtheid fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 13, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

we get it, you're too busy fellating Gabe to put yourself into someone else's shoes
Going back through old essential mixes to find subwave, noisia and goldie was fun. I have something to listen to at work today! Quick googles get you tons of download links.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

My friend has consistently spun this track at every dance party he's ever done, and it's absolutely killer. Spor makes things so heavy.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

If you haven't checked out Spor's EP The Resistance, do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y5JCibQkS8

And of course gimmmicky, but I still love 1up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWfNJaJfS9I

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_vlCqsv1oA
As much a sellout as people accuse tiesto of being, This track is great and the remix is better.

Someone posted the spor remix of the Qemists' Stompbox - and it's insane, if you're looking for good qemists tracks. I really didn't like their latest album, though. It felt like it was going In Silico on me.

feedtheid fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 30, 2010

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

Can we just get it out of the way and say that basically everything High Contrast touches is gold? He has an lp out in June or something and it's gonna roooooooock

I think Netsky might just be a worthy successor to the liquid throne, though. His poo poo has been on fire recently.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

He motherfucking is. I didn't need another dnb album for like a year and half after tough guys don't dance came out.

If ANYONE EVER hasn't bought that lp, for god's sakes, do it now. You won't even thank me, you'll just die a happy man/woman/boy/girl/it

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

The only issue with the new lp is that it sounds like seven of fifteen tracks have the same drum break (I have no idea if I'm using this terminology correctly - the basic drum beat in the song) that pendulum used for most of HYC. That's frustrating, but the longer the album goes on, the less frequent it gets. Not to say the early songs in the tracklist don't sound good, but they DO sound very samey because of extremely similar beats.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

Seriously - they use that beat a lot.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

I don't think it's the amen break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGOWNFpQR6Qhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItNjJLN5Mkg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfcHq0Ivte4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwQLk7NcpO4

feedtheid fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 15, 2010

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

Foiltha posted:

Anyone got any suggestions? I've already binged through LTJ Bukem's stuff.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

It also has the exact same tone as a ton of other pendulum songs. The beat is pretty much identical to the others, not just in rhythm.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

Shapeshifter always sounded "orchestral" to me. Also really good, but had a sort of live, in concert feel. Listening to The System is a Vampire this morning, I really liked it a lot. I also heard the original Twin Galaxies again after having listened to the remix on Sick Music 2, and that was nice. :)

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

Mexican Samurai posted:

I agree, it does look weird. You don't have to move to every single drum beat, instead just move to the bass and count each phrase (even though this is still fast)!

I study Modern Dance and I've been wanting to do a solo to a drum n' bass song for a long time, unfortunately I just find the count to be way too fast and will mostly likely look goofy. I've been thinking of doing one but dancing at half-speed of the count. Would anyone think this would work?

That'd mean the count is like 85 bpm, which seems fine to me. How normal is andante for dance?

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

The way netsky's been, it sounds like he good almost be high contrast in an lp or two.

Oh holy crap, secret agent IS loving good - my heart just jumped into my loving throat

feedtheid fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 26, 2010

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

zeldadude posted:

I think it'd be cool to see how many goons are in each "clique". I'm a liquid guy so I haven't even heard anything by a lot of the big harder dnb producers. I still like some harder stuff, just prefer my sweet sweet liquid... mmmmmm...

And its my pleasure to introduce more people to Netsky :) Everyone buy the album when it releases! I reaaaallyy wish I lived in the UK sometimes when I see those "every weekend" lineups. Holy poo poo.

A,sl, does anyone know what Logistics is up to lately? Just DJing or is he working on a new album? I didn't really like Crash Bang Wallop, tho eastern promise is huge.

Edit: I know there's a pretty big crossover in fanbases for dubstep and dnb, so if any of you dudes like dubstep I highly recommend Nero - Innocence. Big fuckin track!

He had a single out not too long ago.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

I'm gonna go ahead and say it was literally every person in this thread

Anae posted:

New mix, straight outta Bristol town. I like the opportunity to share this with you lovely 'merkins as it's a fairly decent snapshot of what's good over here at the moment, minus wobble and stuff that's a bit too beard-strokey to fit in a normal mix. Enjoy guys!

Also the fact that people are STILL mixing tracks out of TGDD, as evidenced by his mix, I think is a pretty good statement as to its lasting power. Also it's awesome when you can pick tracks out of mixes that you know. Just a little extra oomph when you hear the beat get mixed in.

feedtheid fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 31, 2010

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

If I had ever burned TGDD and left it in the CD changer it my car, that'd make one more album (two from Moneen being the other two) that I just never take out and end up having to swap around the other three to make work.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

Bought Netsky's album without any hesitation. It's great.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

How the hell do you dance for 16 hours my god my legs would fall off

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

Agree.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

zeldadude posted:

netsky is if logistics, danny byrd and london elektricity had a baby

The CD is out of stock :(

iTunes is never out of stock

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

Is it something about owning a physical copy, or just buying from hospital records or something? Because getting a CD and burning it from itunes stock isn't that hard. Not an indictment or anything, just curious.

If you wanted a vinyl of it, I'd understand perfectly.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

Speaking of Seba:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlPWXzS3m14

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

Thanks in advance!

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

In the hospital podcast London Elek was talking about one of the hospitality events and was like, "we've got ....... and mistabishi definitely won't be there."

All in all, people had a right to be as hilariously pissed as they were. It was a baldfaced lie to paying customers. Regardless, he's a good producer, but you just can't pull that crap.

Also printer jam kinda sucks after the first two listens; I'd rather it not be on the album in my listen-throughs because it's kinda obnoxious.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

A friend of mine thought about DJ Tang Control for a while.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

If NPR had a dedicated EDM listener base, they might do what they are right now and stream SERIOUSLY EVERY BONNAROO CONCERT except for dnb/etc sets.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

Proof that Netsky's the biggest hotshit up'n'comer in a while. I still listen through his album on a regular basis - not a song I don't like. His LP's a fantastic driving album, too.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

I think you'd like spor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULMbEVlC8IQ&t=75s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

The first sample is the same as the walking dead intro - is that original music, or is it sampled from somewhere else, as well?