Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirty Deeds Thunderchief
Dec 12, 2006

Sorry to keep bringing up Pendulum in here, since it seems to be an even mix of love/hate, but it's all I know! I've been a fan of Pendulum for a few years and I've really fallen in love with the sound, but as far as getting into the rest of d'n'b, I don't know where to start. I haven't ever really received a definitive answer on what is closest to Pendulum, at least, the songs I'm in love with the most.

Slam would be categorized as dark/heavy, wouldn't it? What's most similar to that? I listened to a bit of the ones in the OP, and none of them were really that heavy. And what about the actual song Hold Your Colour? What bands are similar to that?

And what would you categorize Pendulum's "non" d'n'b songs as? Someone said breakbeat, but I'm not altogether convinced on that, yet.

Well now that I've posted that retardation, I'll make my way through the songs posted in this thread and see if anything tickles my fancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Deeds Thunderchief
Dec 12, 2006

infinity2005 posted:

Its not dark its just cheesy jump-up and the best way to go from there is Sub Focus probably but theres songs by them in the OP so i dunno. If you don't like any of the other tracks in the OP and only Pendulum maybe dnb isn't for you to be honest.

It's not that I don't like any of the other tracks in the OP, but they're not like Pendulum, and that's where I want to start. And I haven't listened to all of them, either. I'm interested in hearing other dnb, but to start I was interested in what else was similar, first. I will be checking out the other ACTUAL dnb bands in a little while.

SUBFRIES posted:

bunch of stuff

Thanks! I'll check those out, as well as all the other bands in the OP and what others have recommended.