Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

feedtheid posted:

Seriously - they use that beat a lot.

Link a song, I want to hear if it's a chopped amen or something...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Roil posted:

Actually The Fountain sounds like something that Hospital circa 07/08 would put out and imo it's the best track (DNB wise) on the entire album - really the only one worth talking about.

This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7GZV0mTvNU ? Really? It the guy from loving Porcupine Tree singing some inane inspirational lyrics over a loving limp beat and completely awful synths. Like, the break actually sounds completely off at times. And more than just being a terrible track, it's utterly undanceable, not a dnb song in any way. I'd be actually embarrassed if someone caught me listening to this.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

Neurophonic posted:

I'm not sure you're going to get any of the 'fifteen headliners in one night' type events for a while now, what with Matter closing down. There'll still be plenty on, but it will be spread across several smaller nights.

Playaz will still be at Fabric, and I guess Hospitality will move there. Hard to say how things will be a year from now on, obvs.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

Blame's new LP, The Music, is quite fun if you dig pop-grimey dnb.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I guess that kills my chances of being a DNB Purist, but whatever, it's fun music.

You also like Pendulum so I don't think there was ever any risk of anyone thinking that.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

zeldadude posted:

Finished it!

http://soundcloud.com/navidnb/navi-like-a-kite

Why did you make a dnb tune with no sub-bass?

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

Sorry, I don't drive. I did like the album quite a lot though, it wasn't too liquidy. Though I'm so out of touch with dnb that every time I hear a record I like, it makes me think "woah, they're good, why aren't they doing grime or dubstep instead?". Room 2 is always the weirdo room at Fabric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

Dr. Goonstein posted:

I know that I'm not in the know of many drum and bass artists as i've only been listening for like half a year, if that even.

But the only name that I recognize is Adam F, and I only know him for the dubstep remix he did of Take Over Control by Afrojack.

Jesus Christ mate, you're the only dnb listener in the world who hasn't heard Goldie's "Timeless" then (also released on FFRR if that's relevant). Get on it.