Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

VelociBacon posted:

I've happened across liquicity mixes on youtube and really liked it - surprised to hear no mention of them on the first page. Is liquicity just DnB for filthy casuals? Where can I find more like it?

Some of their stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwh5yOMmyFM

It's just a music aggregator, so check out everything from the artists you like and see what other artists on their record labels are releasing. Discogs is very helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

alphabettitouretti posted:

Hello dnb goons. I'm fairly new to the genre and was wondering if anyone could recommend some artists?

The kind of stuff I really like is Squarepusher (Port Rhombus, Tundra4, Welcome To Europe - all amazing), Aphex Twin (Vordhosbn - gently caress yes), Plug (Drum n Bass for Papa is great), u-Ziq when he's in dnb mode, the more accessible Venetian Snares stuff and to a lesser degree the likes of Omni-Trio and LTJ Bukem. What I'm not such a fan of is lots of vocals and the tracks that are at the dancier and dubsteppy end of the genre, which makes up a lot of what I've found searching on YouTube and Spotify.

Some guidance toward solid gold would be much appreciated.

With all the IDM stuff I supposed you just mean really drum-forward stuff? DJ Hidden and Black Sun Empire are good for that.

As for LTJ and Omni Trio, I'd recommend "720 Presents Two Revolutions" and the Moving Shadow 10th anniversary mix, both of which I'd definitely consider solid gold.

Digging through labels on discogs and mix albums are a good way to find out more material from artists you like; LTJ ran Good Looking Records which is a good place to start if you want more stuff that sounds like what he put out.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the new pendulum sounds like muse making edm. all the true junglists and ravers please quote this post

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the thread hasn't slipped to the archives yet: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3420553

"the early genres" though lol

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

There's nts and rinse fm but i think if you are locking yourself into microgenres then you are stuck with di or spotify