Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer

Imperador do Brasil posted:

How feasible is it for the oil cap seal to cause a pretty bad oil leak on a P80 V70?

I started a V70 with the oil cap off once and it was like a lawn sprinkler. If the cap doesn't seal I could certainly see it leak a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

There's a pretty clean 2006 V70 2.5t near me with a little over 100k miles for sale and it's pretty tempting. Anything to look out for besides normal P2 stuff? They want 8900 which kbb says is way over priced but I thought I'd do a sanity check with the hive mind first.

Edit: it's been in Nevada it's whole life so rust shouldn't be an issue and it's obviously been garaged because paint isn't faded and the interior isn't all cracked

Arson Daily fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 20, 2023

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

How feasible is it for the oil cap seal to cause a pretty bad oil leak on a P80 V70? My kid’s car has developed a mystery leak and I know the cap seals are crap. He noticed it last night and it’s down about 1.5-2 quarts.

These two spots are after parking overnight a couple of days in a row. He didn’t realize it was leaking right away.

This is under the coil cover. There’s oil pooled around every coil. The cap moves pretty freely.

Even a little oil inside the timing cover. It’s running down the passenger side of the motor and onto the control arm, CV axle and slinging onto the wheel.

They all pool there from the top PCV hose being poorly clamped and slowly feeding oil in there. Replace the cap seal since they're only like fifty cents but I'd do more investigating, that much oil on the ground is a pretty major leak. The cam seals, crank seal, and oil coolers (if the NA has them) are also notorious for leaking at old age. Might also want to just touch all the cam cover bolts with a wrench and see if any are loose, the cam cover uses liquid gasket and if any bolts come undone it'll spew oil out the joint. Do not excessively tighten, just see if any move when you apply a little hand pressure.

One bolt takes the outer timing cover off so I'd pull that too and get in there with a flashlight to see if there's any more obvious source.

Arson Daily posted:

There's a pretty clean 2006 V70 2.5t near me with a little over 100k miles for sale and it's pretty tempting. Anything to look out for besides normal P2 stuff? They want 8900 which kbb says is way over priced but I thought I'd do a sanity check with the hive mind first.

Edit: it's been in Nevada it's whole life so rust shouldn't be an issue and it's obviously been garaged because paint isn't faded and the interior isn't all cracked

That's my daily now and it's the end of the product cycle, they had the kinks worked out and I think it's the most reliable P2 you can get. It'll still have the standard stuff wearing out and electronics might randomly mess with you but overall it'll be good. No guaranteed transmission detonation or throttle body failure, or chronic CEM failure like on the first two years. I've put 22k miles on mine in 3 years with zero problems. Bought at 86k and just turned over 108k. Maintain it and it'll go to 300k. It's the small low pressure turbo so it makes max torque at something ridiculous like 1500 RPM. They're very snappy off the line. They run out of steam at 40 mph though, I once embarrassed an evo off the line and led him for a few car lengths but that was it.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 21, 2023

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Thanks for the info but it was gone by the time I called about it :( oh well I didn't really need a third car

would have been prett cool though dangit

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Eh, gently caress it. I'll cross post here even though this car is way too new for any Volvo-heads to care. Thoughts?

Twerk from Home posted:

Maybe I should ask in the chat thread or Volvo thread, but can I get some gut checks on if it's worth keeping my Grandma's 2015 Volvo S60 in the family, or if it's a hot turd that should be dumped on Carvana, Carmax, or a dealer?

I'm confirming details, but what I know for sure is that it doesn't have a backup camera despite being a car that cost $40,000 in 2015, which means that none of my uncles want it. I'm fairly certain it's AWD, which is bad because in 2015 the FWD Volvos got a perfectly modern 4-cyl while the AWD ones got Volvo's ancient dogshit 5-cyl that goes like a 4 and drinks like a 6. It has stupid low miles and will probably have some problems due to under-use and dried out seals and poo poo, it was barely driven because she's 94 years old but the dealer came and picked it up from her house for scheduled service at some exploitative frequent interval.

Thoughts on a grandma car? I'm assuming it's pretty worthless, which makes me want to just buy it from the family rather than a dealer getting it for a pittance. On the other hand, Volvo makes me think of BMW or Audi level ownership expenses without any of the interesting to drive benefits.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Wagon or bust

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
The "ancient dogshit 5" is overall a much more reliable engine IMO. The new VEA 4 cylinder has uh, problems.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Sounds like you hate it already , so get rid of it and get something else

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

yeah when I get ranty and want people to think I know what I'm talking about I say I prefer the engine that is under recall and a class action lawsuit.

For real though that is one of the most bulletproof and well sorted of the modern Volvos. My buddy who works on them was blown away that he doesn't even see them for brake jobs until 100k miles.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
Yeah I've been driven around one by of those for about 12 years now and while a lot of things start to break on a 20+ year old car, the engine has more or less been issue free. Edit: on the other hand I'm about to replace the slowly leaking heater core for the second time.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Hey can me and my long roof join this club?

1988 245DL with 200Kish miles, three pedals and just one previous owner. It’s shockingly clean and everything I’ve tested so far works. Slight shame about the driver’s seat but who cares it’s under my rear end.

Short-term plans:
Black out all the chrome with 3M wrap
Ditch and replace the trash tint

Mid-term plans:
Coilovers and lower into uselessness
Wheels and tires that are not embarrassingly tiny
Stereo manufactured in the 21st century

Ongoing plans:
“Daily” drive and look rad

Maybe plans?:
Hack off the wheel arches and bolt on fender flares
Anger purists

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

WTFBEES posted:

Butt of course!

You'll only anger me if you do irreversible mods to that since it looks like a very clean survivor. Lower it and put wheels on I'll agree that you improved it. Cut it up? Burn in hell. There are plenty of POS 240s out there for that. OTOH your car your rules. I cut the transmission tunnel out of a gorgeous 122 and justify it by saying it had body damage previously so it's not a mint example. But I'm sure someone out there is mad at me.

Not sure if you need advice but I recently learned to use steam for tint removal, works great and acetone cleans up what glue doesn't steam off so you easily save your defroster. I honestly don't know why tint shops charge so much for removal. I got quoted $250 base price for just the tailgate window recently, I did it myself in 30 minutes. Removed 5 windows worth in 2.5 hours as a first timer. I did use my buddy's professional upholstery steam cleaner but I've heard the $20 personal clothes steamers work just fine too.

And these cars are popular enough that you will be able to find upholstery for it at some point. Quick googling found aftermarket vinyl replacements in the wrong color, or leather in the right color. Looks great man.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

LloydDobler posted:

Butt of course!

You'll only anger me if you do irreversible mods to that since it looks like a very clean survivor. Lower it and put wheels on I'll agree that you improved it. Cut it up? Burn in hell. There are plenty of POS 240s out there for that. OTOH your car your rules. I cut the transmission tunnel out of a gorgeous 122 and justify it by saying it had body damage previously so it's not a mint example. But I'm sure someone out there is mad at me.

Not sure if you need advice but I recently learned to use steam for tint removal, works great and acetone cleans up what glue doesn't steam off so you easily save your defroster. I honestly don't know why tint shops charge so much for removal. I got quoted $250 base price for just the tailgate window recently, I did it myself in 30 minutes. Removed 5 windows worth in 2.5 hours as a first timer. I did use my buddy's professional upholstery steam cleaner but I've heard the $20 personal clothes steamers work just fine too.

And these cars are popular enough that you will be able to find upholstery for it at some point. Quick googling found aftermarket vinyl replacements in the wrong color, or leather in the right color. Looks great man.

Guess who is reading this immediately after spending all day scraping tint and owns a clothes steamer he didn't use! I can confirm acetone is the way to go with the glue residue though. On the plus side it's all off now and the defroster is still intact.

Coilovers and wheels are ordered. I think these in bronze will go real well with the light tan paint.

Noted on the burning in hell! Wel'll see how it sits once the new stuff is installed.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Those are excellent.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

WTFBEES posted:

1988 245DL with 200Kish miles, three pedals and just one previous owner. It’s shockingly clean and everything I’ve tested so far works. Slight shame about the driver’s seat but who cares it’s under my rear end.

Short-term plans:

Mid-term plans:

Ongoing plans:

Maybe plans?:
Anger purists

Goddamn

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Just putting this here because if you know, you know

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Just putting this here because if you know, you know

I have so many mixed feelings about that car.

When it's working it's so good.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Wrar posted:

I have so many mixed feelings about that car.

When it's working it's so good.

Coming up on a year of ownership and no real issues. Small occasional clunk from the LF when braking abruptly, I’ll have it looked at during inspection next month.

It was mostly the parking deck location / suspension connection

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 29, 2023

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Twerk from Home posted:

Eh, gently caress it. I'll cross post here even though this car is way too new for any Volvo-heads to care. Thoughts?

My wife’s car is a 2014 S60 with awd and the 5 cyl. We’ve had it for around 50k miles (bought it with ~30k from the previous owner) and other than regular scheduled maintenance, the only issue I had was a worn rotor. Replaced all four and the pads for a pittance using our good friends at FCPEuro and that’s been that.

It’s obviously heavy but it’s got plenty of power for a family sedan, there are actual buttons for manipulating the climate and radio controls (ok the steering wheel and console), very comfortable heated seats with adjustable lumbar support, what I would consider good mileage for the highway (35+) to go with a ~16 gallon tank, etc, etc. It is missing the back up cam which is shameful but that’s honestly the only comfort that I think is a real letdown.

Like any other car, if you don’t pay extortionate dealer prices for OEM parts and service you’re good. Anecdotal I know, but just another data point for you. I’ve been very happy with it as our primary getting around vehicle.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hi thread, any thoughts on the potential reliability of the new V60 Recharge T8 PHEV? The engine had the supercharger removed but I've heard the VEA models being a bit sketchy.

I've been looking for an EV/PHEV and it looked pretty great as a family hauler slash actual fun car but if it is going to cost a buttload to keep going I'll keep looking :haw:

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

My XC-90 has needed two new cats for a couple years now. When they first went bad I lived in a state that didn't do emissions testing. Then I moved to Texas, and I thought they did smog checks but it passed somehow, so maybe they don't. Now I live in Nevada, they do smog checks and it won't pass due to the aforementioned bad catalysts. Indie Volvo shop quoted me 3k for new ones but Volvo has them backordered indefinitely. Volvo dealer quoted me 9k (!) for the same thing and they also can't get them because they're backordered. Nevada won't let me register the thing until it passes but will issue me a 10 day movement permit to get it fixed. I can get a new 10 day permit for as long as the parts are on backorder but I have to drive to the DMV office (20-30 mins) every time to get it. What's my play here? suck it up and drive an hour bi-weekly to get the permits and ultimately fix my 190,000 mile SUV or wash my hands of the old girl and buy something new and under warranty? I can't really do the work myself as I don't have the tools or expertise or the time to do it. Also, its going to need new brakes on all 4 corners by the end of the summer and also 2 new sets of tires (summer and winter) since I live in a place where it snows pretty good. I hate to get rid of it because the rest of the car is in really nice shape but drat the open ended nature of this is really bothering me.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

RockAuto says there's direct fit replacements for all 4 of the cats on that car, so it's just a matter of finding a competent muffler shop willing to source them (or ordering them off Rock and taking them to a shop, but I'd recommend having them try and then offering to bring them in yourself if they get stumped because rolling up to a shop with your own parts right off the hop is a terrible idea). You only need OEM or CARB approved cats if you plan on living in Cali/Colorado/Maine/NY, aftermarket stuff is totally fine.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

309k miles and it’s PCV time. My son did it all himself (with Linda supervising) and he noted that for some reason, none of the guides for the P80 were correct for his particular car. Despite that, he got it done relatively easily, didn’t even have to lift the car to get to the lower manifold bolts.

He has a ‘99 FWD 5-speed non-turbo which is apparently highly uncommon. First year of a lot of things on that model, and most were either AWD, auto, or both. The nice thing is he doesn’t have the two most common failure points on them, the AWD coupling and the auto trans.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

There are a lot of people who just regurgitate what they hear online, none of the volvo intake manifolds can even be accessed from under the car, let alone removing bolts. They're all accessible with a long extension from the top as you found out. But yeah the NA cars are not enthusiast cars, most were used up and thrown away and resources are slim for guides and such. But it's still a good car, esp for a young driver. Like you say, less stuff to fail.

Turbo Fondant posted:

RockAuto says there's direct fit replacements for all 4 of the cats on that car, so it's just a matter of finding a competent muffler shop willing to source them (or ordering them off Rock and taking them to a shop, but I'd recommend having them try and then offering to bring them in yourself if they get stumped because rolling up to a shop with your own parts right off the hop is a terrible idea). You only need OEM or CARB approved cats if you plan on living in Cali/Colorado/Maine/NY, aftermarket stuff is totally fine.

This. My other suggestion was check craigslist or swedespeed for someone parting one out and get a used but working exhaust.

Dirt McGuirk
Oct 21, 2010

brave

&

strong
Gave my 02 V70XC a little tuneup at 213k, new plugs and coil packs as well as the engine and fuel filters. Old plugs had about four years on them and cylinder five was pretty oily, enough that I had to break out the turkey baster. Bolt for the cylinder one coil pack also snapped, it sits in place fine when driving and I've got a spare, hoping to get that out this weekend. Assuming the oil is related to the PCV but that will have to wait for another day.

Still running well but unfortunately the best Volvo mechanic in the area retired before I could get a timing kit job scheduled. Haven't called around a ton but no one else in the central UP seems interested.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Dirt McGuirk posted:

Gave my 02 V70XC a little tuneup at 213k, new plugs and coil packs as well as the engine and fuel filters. Old plugs had about four years on them and cylinder five was pretty oily, enough that I had to break out the turkey baster. Bolt for the cylinder one coil pack also snapped, it sits in place fine when driving and I've got a spare, hoping to get that out this weekend. Assuming the oil is related to the PCV but that will have to wait for another day.

Still running well but unfortunately the best Volvo mechanic in the area retired before I could get a timing kit job scheduled. Haven't called around a ton but no one else in the central UP seems interested.

Oddly enough I'm looking at buying an '02 V70XC with 96k miles myself, and the owner confirmed the timing belt is 10 years old with about 26k miles on it. A local Volvo-centric private shop quoted me $650-800 for the replacement depending on whether or not the water pump also need to be changed out as well. The only thing keeping me from buying it now is my concern over the seals and such being beaten up from many years of sitting.

That said, I watched a YouTube video on replacing the 5-cylinder belts and it looks, strangely, not nightmarish? I remember having a VG30DE in a Nissan 300ZX and thankfully selling the car before I had to get around to doing the timing belts as it required a literal disassembly of the front end. Best as I can tell on the Volvo 2.4s, you'll need to make the coolant bottle move around a bit and pop off the passenger (LHD car) wheel and peel back the wheel well covers, but otherwise than that it's a relatively straightforward change.

If I end up getting it, I'm going to attempt the timing belt myself to save a few bucks because I already have the majority of the tools necessary. Also I'll have the luxury of a second car with my wife so there's no stress on my end.

Also, how has the V70XC treated you otherwise? We're thinking of getting a Nissan Leaf or something as my wife's daily driver for her commutes, and as I work remotely I was going to just use the Volvo as a winter car.

Dirt McGuirk
Oct 21, 2010

brave

&

strong

funeral home DJ posted:

Also, how has the V70XC treated you otherwise? We're thinking of getting a Nissan Leaf or something as my wife's daily driver for her commutes, and as I work remotely I was going to just use the Volvo as a winter car.
Been my daily driver for four years since I bought it from an old yooper in South Range who got it from California earlier that year, best car I’ve ever owned. Yooper dealerships are pretty scummy and every used car up here is rusted away so I’m keeping it running as long as I can. AWD and ground clearance are great in the winter and for the back roads up here. Car probably saved my life when a logging truck ran me off the road in a winter storm near Escanaba.

Did have one cam seal fail but had it fixed before any damage was done, otherwise just normal wear and tear on a car that’s 20yrs old. I’ve lucked out with electronics and wiring so far, I’ve got the alarm service message but I’ll just pull the fuse whenever that finally kicks the bucket. Never had any throttle body issues that these cars get, I assume the previous owner did the repair. Should also mention how nice the paddle shifter and turbo is at highway speeds, makes passing a breeze.

Edit: should probably mention the open recall on the airbag too, closest Volvo dealer is in Traverse City I think and I assume they are months out so it’s not a priority. Please feel free to share this when the inflator detonates like a frag grenade and blows open my chest cavity.

Dirt McGuirk fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 23, 2023

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

The boy’s V70 is still losing oil after PCV refresh so cam seals are the next order of business. Since it’s a ‘99, we shouldn’t even need the rear cam lock tool. No VVT also so it’s just take off timing covers, lock crank with a breaker bar & 30mm socket, mark all the reference points, three bolts on each cam sprocket once the tension is off the belt, and remove/replace the press-in seals.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Dirt McGuirk posted:

cylinder five was pretty oily, enough that I had to break out the turkey baster... Assuming the oil is related to the PCV but that will have to wait for another day.

Sadly the coil packs seal to the hole they're in, so if you have oil in the spark plug well, it's coming from the joint between the cam cover and head, which has a nicely hardened o-ring in it at your mileage. OTOH it only spits a 1/4 cup of oil every 20k miles or so, it's something you can kind of ignore and occasionally suck out.

Basically if at any point you need cam seals just take the whole cam cover off and do it all. It's a bit of a bitch so expect to pay, it took me about 5 hours the first time I did it so a pro will probably charge 3-4. The joint uses liquid gasket as well so the mechanic has to get everything super clean. Gotta take the timing belt off to do it so it's also something to consider throwing in the mix at the same time as timing belt.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Buy my Volvo (sold)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ0nkStZnWo

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Im officially out of the Volvo club on Sunday. My SO wanted nothing more to do with our XC-90 so we're buying a Subaru. I hate to see it go, but here we are. I loved the straight 6 engine and the very quiet ride. I picked my baby daughter up from the hospital in it, so it's bittersweet to see it go. SO wants to maybe give it to one of our niece's in wisconsin, which basically means I have to see it fall farther and farther into decrepitude every time I go there, since every one of my in-laws treats their vehicles as trash bins that get them to work. Sorry for the EN post, I just get too drat attached to cars and Im melancholy as gently caress right now.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Car acquisition trip report:

Found an ideal v60 cross country (2020) with all the options I wanted (including the stretch goal of the $4000 bowers & wilkins sound system). Exterior color was "right" but interior was not wife's first preference, price was absurdly low, (32,900) ~7k off of kbb, carfax was clean. Dealer said there were 3 other people working on deals for it, could only hold if I was on my way. Btw this car was in DC and I'm in NC, and this is like at noon. Check flights, can get a 5pm direct for under $400, buy a one way ticket, get them to hold the car, finish my work day and wife drops me off at the airport. Uneventful flight, I get to the dealer and *the car is not the color it was listed as*

Car was listed as crystal white metallic, actual color is birch silver metallic. I miraculously don't flip out and just update my wife with photos, and start going over the car. Car is honestly spotless for a 2020 with 34k miles on it. Do the test drive and everything is good. Wife decides she actually likes this color better after looking at more photos and watching some YouTube vids. Buy the car and leave dc at 9:30pm with a 5hr drive ahead of me.

Drive is entirely uneventful thanks to pilot assist, holy poo poo it reduces fatigue so much to just be monitoring and tweaking the steering rather than doing every manual thing, very easy to get a feel for and spot areas where the pilot assist may have issues.

Also I'm not saying I'd check the $4,000 box for the b&w sound system if buying new, but *holy poo poo that thing is nice*

Now I have to prep the 2016 v60 for sale.

GEMorris fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 1, 2023

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Beautiful car! I agree, Pilot Assist is really an asset. I only realized how useful it would be after getting my V90. It has limitations, sure, but I resolved to never buy another daily driver without some kind of smart driving.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

On June 12, I skidded off the road due to bad conditions and an unfortunately timed sneeze, and my face looked like this:

The next day, at the tow yard, my car looked like this

I'm probably going to have permanent scars on my left arm from airbag burns (link and cw for injury and blood, even though it's not too bad)
https://i.imgur.com/Qucc72s.jpg

All things considered, I consider myself lucky that I stayed conscious after hitting a concrete bollard at 45mph and was able to walk away.

Epilogue:

Yesterday, I drove home in this with a family discount and 4y/5.15% financing since loans through my credit union start at 4.99% because of some bullshit they call "the economy," while CarMax offered me 8.7% last week and had to re-run it for some reason yesterday and offered me a generous 10.4%

I always like the looks of that generation of Volvo wagons, and it feels so much lighter and nimble while driving than the S60 did despite having 10hp less that I really like it. Plus, it has paddle shifters so I can pretend I'm driving a sports car when I'm rolling through construction zones at 5mph

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

GWBBQ posted:

was able to walk away.

Volvo doin what Volvo do.

I like them V60s too, I'll probably end up with one if I need another car at some point.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

WTFBEES posted:

Short-term plans:

Mid-term plans:

Ongoing plans:

Maybe plans?:
Anger purists

Hello fellow actual real Volvo-haver. How is it that you have a manual but a clock instead of tach?

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Scratch Monkey posted:

Hello fellow actual real Volvo-haver. How is it that you have a manual but a clock instead of tach?

No clue! It seems silly to me but have done nothing at all to look into whether that was an option or not. Maybe someone swapped in a clock?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My folks had a tach-less manual 200 series wagon too, it was definitely a standard thing

It looked exactly like that one except it was blue with black seats.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

This is covered under the dealer warranty, but I have a truly bizarre issue with the new V60. The rear parking sensors only work when it's raining. In clear weather, I get 4 red "you're about to hit something" bars and the corresponding alarm tone any time I put it in reverse :confused:

I'm just going to keep looking over my shoulders and double checking the backup cam like I would anyway, but I figured you would all appreciate the counterintuitive absurdity of an electronic system that only works properly in the rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

So the verdict on my kid’s P80 V70 was 100% the cam seals. The shop did them and now the car is leak-free.

This year we’ve done the following maintenance -
PCV
Timing Belt
Cam seals
Tires
Tie rod ends
Control arms
Alignment

He had traded a pretty crappy 97 Grand Cherokee for the wagon, and between him and I we are $2,000 into it which I think isn’t bad at all for a big manual tank that he can drive in lovely weather and not worry about. It sucks when it’s almost all PO-deferred maintenance, but the car itself was essentially free and had new brakes, Bilstein suspension, and an exhaust already installed.