Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
This might be a weird question, but do the headlight wipers on a Volvo do anything. I've never seen them move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
drat it...someone drove into me and broke one of the headlights.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
would there be any problems with switching tires from a 2055016 to a 2055516 on a 850. I can't think of one but I'm not really sure.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
That seems like a butt load of money even with the mileage and third row.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
As I understand it, the third row ads a grand to the price straight up in general. I like the crazy gold colour more then the yellow everyone loves on the TR-5.

But yeah, even in Canada it's about 5 grand over book value.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I had the exact problem on my 850, it's a combination of Fuel Injector and the ABS box needing to be redone. Doing that killed the tick in mine, just don't put basic fuel or ethanol in your car...which seemed to be the problem.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I'm sure I've seen at least 3 or 4 yellow TR-5's in Montreal.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I like the new s60, I just have to wait from them to be cheap :(

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Isn't the gas tank seal a known issue, I'm pretty sure the recall for it is done...but a dealership may do it for free anyway.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The rust on the wheel wings is pretty drat common in Canada. I know it's on my 850, and most of them unless it's been redone around here. Depends on road salt.

I'm pretty sure the US didn't get 5-speed 850's, Canada however did.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
On my way out of my driveway my car dumped a whole bunch of what looked and tasted like water onto the ground. It looked liked it came from a hose that runs from the radiator (I think) to the BRE unit? When I finally got home from work like half an hour ago I rolled it over and it wasn't leaking that I could see, plus there was one puddle on the car afterwards.

Anyone know what this issue is?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Pretty humid, but I don't think the car had moved in about a day...either way I wanted to ask before I start ripping things.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I found my problem, looks like a small crack in this hose. Off to the junk yard

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
My 850 blew out it's head gasket on Thursday, how much work am I looking at. I would also be replacing the cables at the same time

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I meant the time belt and things

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The belts are fine at this point, but need to be change in about 10000km. So I mine as well do them at the same time. I remember someone in the thread said it was about an 800 dollar at home job. But I wanted to know how much the head gasket would be, given it's become a profit/lose thing

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Started pulling apart the engine today...way, way worse then I thought it was. So the Volvo goes to the great scrap pile in the sky.

On the plus side, for some reason I'm getting like 300 dollar scrap price offers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
With the 850 gone to the car graveyard in the sky, I'm shopping for a new car. There is a 2001 S80 for sale in my budget. How bad really are the electrics?