Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I love my C30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Saddamnit posted:

Are Volvos really this unreliable? I'm thinking of getting one for my next car, but it seems like every other post in this thread is about another problem that someone has encountered. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

Completely the opposite. I idiotically drove my C30 down the side of a mountain road once and it's still on the road.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Thread title came true for me this week.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sagebrush posted:

Thanks for the info about the C30. Bulletproof provided you keep up with the maintenance sounds really good to me.

How loud is it inside, in general? I have a kind of contradictory set of wants for my new car. I don't actually need a pocket rocket, as I have motorcycles and get my thrills that way. I would be fine with the small engines the C30 came with but apparently in the USA it's only the T5. I'd prefer my car to be comfortable and quiet -- just a nice thing to cruise in along the ocean where you don't have to shout to be heard. I also want a manual transmission, though, which instantly eliminates a lot of options. And I live in San Francisco, so I want something that is small with a tight turning circle -- my current old Ford ZX2 is 14 feet long and can do a U-turn on a residential street. And finally I do want it to be a little classier than just a Honda Fit or whatever, and not as trite as a Mini.

The C30 seems to check all those boxes. I know that any small car won't be quite as plush as a big land barge but I'm hoping it is nicer than your average hot hatch?

C30s are great all around. I miss mine :(

Anyway my V60 T5 just declared it needs a new quart of oil less than three months after the last time I said I needed to do so. I have the 4 cylinder engine that checks itself and doesn't have a dipstick so I have no clue if it actually needs oil or if the sensor is messed up somehow. What do?

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 27, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

WTFBEES posted:

Hey can me and my long roof join this club?

1988 245DL with 200Kish miles, three pedals and just one previous owner. It’s shockingly clean and everything I’ve tested so far works. Slight shame about the driver’s seat but who cares it’s under my rear end.

Short-term plans:
Black out all the chrome with 3M wrap
Ditch and replace the trash tint

Mid-term plans:
Coilovers and lower into uselessness
Wheels and tires that are not embarrassingly tiny
Stereo manufactured in the 21st century

Ongoing plans:
“Daily” drive and look rad

Maybe plans?:
Hack off the wheel arches and bolt on fender flares
Anger purists

Goddamn

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Anyone know a way to make the auto braking not detonate at random going over small crests in my neighborhood?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE-04qMO-L4

Guess the underlying issue. Go on.