Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

I mentioned this car briefly in the last thread. It's kind of my "project" car of sorts, meaning I'm trying to keep it out of a junkyard for a while longer and hopefully learning a thing or two about body & electrical repair along the way.

Front passenger fender will be replaced, along with three of the doors.

This is probably the most troubling area, you can see some of the worst of it on the inner fender.

Someday you'll be on the road again....

1982 244 Turbo, 204K miles and the wiring is a mess. I don't care though, it is my first project car and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

empty baggie posted:

Yes, welcome to the world of 240 ownership. I've had five 240's in the past 15 years, and every one had the chronic rear light problem. Most that I see on the road also usually have one bulb out. It's a very common and seemingly unfixable problem.

http://www.k-jet.org/articles/projects/hard-wiring-tail-lights/?

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

CornHolio posted:

So there seems to be a huge Volvo junkyard at the following address (pull it up on Google Earth, it's awesome)

13696 el dorado blvd, new buffalo, MI

I drove by it today, and I can't find anything about it online - no phone numbers or business names or anything. It's a bit out of my way but I really want to call them and see if they have some items I need.

Does anybody else know about this place?

Huh. This is about an hour away from me, never heard of it though. It would be great to find a place with an abundance of 240 parts in SW MI. I have yet to find a local yard with a 240 in it at all now that I think about it...