Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Captain Log posted:

Irritating Repair Question for my 2001 Volvo S40 -

I need two people to pop the hood. When I pull the latch, the hood doesn’t pop up by itself. I have to pull the hood latch, while someone else pulls up and triggers the latch next to the grille.

I want to buy a little jump starting module, because I don’t trust the car. But if I cannot pop my own hood, the module would be useless.

Is that an easy fix? Or should I just pay for it next time I get the oil changed?

You want something like this? https://www.amazon.com/Dumble-Jumper-Connect-Cables-Trucks/dp/B07LFLG99R

Not the big cables but the little set that permanently attaches that you can just hook up to a jump pack?

Because the answer is, of course, fix the hood latch/get the hood latch fixed. But if you don't want to do that you can permanently hook up a jump starter cable (make sure to cover the connector somehow so it doesn't get full of gunk).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Captain Log posted:

Nah, I'm talking about one of those little battery packs that hooks up to your battery. I've seen two different towing services use them over the years and found out they're only about a hundred bucks.

Right, the first cable can be permanently attached to your battery and then the end can be left out where you can reach it by pushing it through the grill or similar and then you won't have to open the hood to jump start your car. But, I agree the fix is really fixing the hood latch.