Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Eh, gently caress it. I'll cross post here even though this car is way too new for any Volvo-heads to care. Thoughts?

Twerk from Home posted:

Maybe I should ask in the chat thread or Volvo thread, but can I get some gut checks on if it's worth keeping my Grandma's 2015 Volvo S60 in the family, or if it's a hot turd that should be dumped on Carvana, Carmax, or a dealer?

I'm confirming details, but what I know for sure is that it doesn't have a backup camera despite being a car that cost $40,000 in 2015, which means that none of my uncles want it. I'm fairly certain it's AWD, which is bad because in 2015 the FWD Volvos got a perfectly modern 4-cyl while the AWD ones got Volvo's ancient dogshit 5-cyl that goes like a 4 and drinks like a 6. It has stupid low miles and will probably have some problems due to under-use and dried out seals and poo poo, it was barely driven because she's 94 years old but the dealer came and picked it up from her house for scheduled service at some exploitative frequent interval.

Thoughts on a grandma car? I'm assuming it's pretty worthless, which makes me want to just buy it from the family rather than a dealer getting it for a pittance. On the other hand, Volvo makes me think of BMW or Audi level ownership expenses without any of the interesting to drive benefits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU