Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Bobby_Wokkerfella posted:

The car wouldn't start, so we put some petrol into it, turned it over a few more times, it started once, idled fine etc, so I killed it and tried to start it again and nothing. The voltmeter was reading 11 with the key on II and when it was idling was reading about 14, we also tried to start it with a battery booster and jumper leads to no avail.

We didn't flood it, and the owner was adamant that it started easy most other times. I left and told him to shoot me an email when it was reliably starting again, but I'm wondering what could have caused the troubles?

What year is it? Did it turn over or no?

The brickboard FAQ can help you narrow it down but it can be a number of things. Ask me how I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
MY VOLVO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKOVF1qwPzI

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Posting here because everyone's probably sick of my other thread.

When the cam gear is like this...

The crank pulley is like this. I don't know how to read the timing mark guide here but when the cam gear is in the position as depicted in the picture the notch on the crankshaft gear is touching the timing belt, which is way off according to this:

http://www.brickboard.com/FAQ/700-900/B230FTimingBeltAlignment.htm

When the cam gear is aligned with its mark I can't even see the crankshaft gear notch. I still have to take off the crank pulley and lower cover but am I onto something?

SWEET JESUS PLEASE TELL ME I'VE FOUND THE CAUSE OF MY 6 MONTH LONG NO START PROBLEM

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

TheJeffers posted:

Yes, your timing is off.

BITCH IS COMING OFF

How is that even possible though? Skipping not one but half a dozen teeth?

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Took the entire sunroof assembly off the 740 and it is fuuuucked. I need slider pieces and a worm gear assembly. Besides Brickboard where else should I look?

I'm debating whether to fix it properly or turn it into a bolt-onable roof and leave the messed up headliner off.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Splizwarf posted:

Take good photos of what you need and I'll find it this weekend at the yard. I haven't torn open a sunroof yet, this'll be fun.

I'd appreciate it but I somehow think you won't enjoy ripping off the headliner, dropping the entire sunroof tray and somehow disassembling everything.

Pictures here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3223384&pagenumber=7#post388041629

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
How much do the 850Rs go for? Saw a red wagon today and it was sliiiiiick.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Anyone interested in a running 1986 M46 744TI for $600 from Canadaland? I'm in a death by a thousand cuts kind of state right now and just worn out with projects.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Corrupt Cypher posted:

Where bouts in Canadaland?

Winnipeg. The main thing is that it needs a new sunroof cassette and headliner along with surface rust that should be taken care of, boost gauge and lack of cold start high idle (ECT sender?)

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Any 740/940 guys know how the front seat rails come apart? I want to clean out all the crap that's clogging up the tracks and I took out the rear roll pins but I can't remember what I need to do next :(

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
What's the difference between FCPGroton and FCP Euro (besides the former being cheaper?)

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
How rare is the foam 740 duckbill spoiler?

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

goobernoodles posted:

I think it might have a turbo.

Totally stealing the valve cover idea

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
On the hunt for a new car, stumbled upon this C30 T5:

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2008-Volvo-C30-T5-W0QQAdIdZ428567677

I know it shares a lot of parts with the Focus, it doesn't have the cargo capacity compared to the Honda Fit but the performance isn't a bad trade off. Any C30 owners on here?

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Viggen posted:

Reread this aloud.

I have terrible grammar and syntax :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
I'm lusting for this so hard:

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1988-Volvo-740-Wagon-W0QQAdIdZ1009813403

I'm out of room/money but it would be hilarious to have 2 identical black M46 740tis' in both body styles.

:smith: