Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
How reliable is the Volvo AWD system (haldex?) compared to Quattro, X-drive etc.

I currently have a bmw wagon (rwd) but since all the new ones are AWD I thought I'd expand my options for future upgrades.

Loving wagons really limits my options, it seems. (bmw, volvo, subaru being the most obvious choices - audi/vw can burn in hell)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hi thread, any thoughts on the potential reliability of the new V60 Recharge T8 PHEV? The engine had the supercharger removed but I've heard the VEA models being a bit sketchy.

I've been looking for an EV/PHEV and it looked pretty great as a family hauler slash actual fun car but if it is going to cost a buttload to keep going I'll keep looking :haw:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My folks had a tach-less manual 200 series wagon too, it was definitely a standard thing

It looked exactly like that one except it was blue with black seats.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The auto braking on reverse in my v60 is just brutal, the first couple times I thought I had somehow hit a concrete post that just materialized.

I have to shut it off when backing out of an angled spots that has a road behind it because it thinks I am going to reverse into the path of oncoming traffic

Still probably a good thing to prevent backing over kids in the grand scheme of things!