Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

the guy from Semisonic posted:

I've got an interesting issue. 2010 Volvo XC60. Whenever I park with the drivers side higher than the passenger side and there is a heavy rain, I get water in my rear driver side footwell. I've tried taping over the sun roof and it still happens. I can't find any leaks in the door, window or trim. Any advice?

this happened to my xc70 and over time it eventually soaked into the floor insulation enough that it fried my CEM and completely broke my car. took forever to figure out what happened, even my mechanic was stumped until he found a forum post about it online. had a bunch of random error messages on my dash, car wouldn't recognize the key, coulnd't get the car to turn off so i had to let the battery die. once it died i couldn't disengage the parking brake even with the shiftlock, it broke it real good.

had 270k miles on it anyway so it wasn't the end of the world. ended up picking up a used S70 today and it's great, needs some work but for what it is it's fine. biggest issue i have with it right now (and all older volvos, by design) is that the cupholdersa re too small but i have no idea how to remedy that situation, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

LloydDobler posted:

Yeah your best bet is going to be something aftermarket that you can attach or hang off the right side of the center console like in the passenger knee area. That armrest thing is fuckin useless and the parking brake is too centered to put something next to it.

yeah if I can find something to put there I will, it's a little annoying but other than that I love the car. Got it for dirt cheap so I have some money to put into it to make it nicer, will add "aftermarket cupholders" to my list. any suggestions?