Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ease
Jul 19, 2004

HUGE
I just did a water pump on my wifes b230f. From what I understand you don't need to bleed the coolant system at all if the thermostat is installed correctly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ease
Jul 19, 2004

HUGE
1993 940 8valve/na. Wife's radiator just blew up, literally plastic shattered. Just changed the water pump last week. Is there any kind of pressure release valve anywhere or on the reservoir cap? I'm pretty sure I didn't over fill it after doing the swap or anything, but I couldn't think of why it would just blow up like that.

Getting my replacement from FCP tomorrow (I live 20 mins away). Looks like a pretty easy swap.

ease
Jul 19, 2004

HUGE

as halfway crooks posted:

Nooooooooo

:negative:

Oh man what do you mean? I love FCP.

ease
Jul 19, 2004

HUGE
Well, it was a Nissen, it was 206 before tax. I'll let you guys know if I have any problems with it.

ease
Jul 19, 2004

HUGE
Can someone tell me where I can buy the tabs that hold on the trim/molding on the outside of a 1992 940 door. They are like little round plugs with a square base that slide into the trim piece, and then seem to snap into the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ease
Jul 19, 2004

HUGE
If anyone in the New England area is looking, I have a 89 240 I want to sell for 500$. It has 111k on it, and currently doesn't run because of some kind of fuel issue.

It will start, and then stall out after a few seconds. You have to wait about 5-10 minutes before it will do the same thing again. It needs a battery, tires (ones in the pics aren't included) and corner marker lenses. It also needs a good cleaning.

Look at it here : http://imgur.com/a/EsyDX and http://imgur.com/a/qjy19

If I can't get 500$ for it, I'm just going to start taking it apart and scrap it.