Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gentle Marmot
Mar 25, 2005
like the sugar
I have a 91 240 SE Wagon with 88k miles on it. I dont know why but I just really love this car. Last summer I was bored and unemployed so I took on the task of overhauling the brakes. Mind you I had never worked on a car before and I decided that fixing the system that probably has the most with keeping me alive was a good idea. It went well and I saved a good amount of money doing it myself.

That being said I now have a job and my brick needs new suspension(also getting a fat tax return). I know about Ipd and the cool parts they have on there, and I have seen a lot of good things about lowering these beasts. I am really tempted to spring for their lowered springs, and bilstein shocks and struts. I also like to sound of the anti sway bar. In any case I see people recommending to get the panhard rod and rear torque rods too if youre lowering the car. How important are these? I need to take my car to the shop soon for some regular maintenance and I would like to get this new suspension put on. I can get the springs and shocks now but the rest seems to all be back ordered. Will my car be all hosed up if I lower it and wait a bit on these parts? Does it even sound like I know what im talking about? Feel free to tell me all about lowering your old volvos.

Gentle Marmot fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 15, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU