Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

DangerDummy! posted:

What's the general consensus on the trilogy following Red Country? I've seen some bitching and moaning about it in a few places, but I didn't dig too deep into it because I trust randos on the internet far less than most goons.

Getting into the third act of Red Country right now. I get the feeling a lot of loose ends are gonna get tied up here. Really enjoying it.

It was good but also disappointing. Worth reading for a fan, but not nearly as good as the First Law trilogy or the standalones. The historical parallels get a bit messy and there's not enough of the magic/fantasy world bits (in my opinion). And I'm not sure how to put it, but it felt like he was putting the characters through lovely times without the same kind of satisfying payoffs that previous works had.

Like, if you've enjoyed reading up through Red Country, you will still enjoy the new trilogy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU