Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream
I just finished the first book and it's pretty obvious during Logen's fight with the practicals that he definitely has two sides, and the bloodlust/berzerker rage is something completely different. The Quote from Hughmoris above is exactly what I'm remembering. I haven't read the other two books yet (just started the 2nd) but it's clear to me that, in the first book alone, Abercrombie was definitely trying to convey a type of possession or supernatural dual-personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream

Jekub posted:

The publication date for The Heroes has been shifted.

Yeah, a fantasy author is expecting to publish ahead of schedule, something must be deeply wrong with the world. Out end of January for those of us in the UK with any luck.

http://www.joeabercrombie.com/news/

Son of a bitch. He's like the anti-George RR Martin.

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream
I'm just about done with the 2nd book, and to be honest I loved it. The first book came across and kind of meandering and purposeless until the end, but this book has a real purpose and a lot of character development throughout.

Can't wait to read the third.

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream
I agree. Logen's character arc (or character prairie, I guess) was completed. But since he and Ferro are both still alive, I could go for a story about their odd relationship.