Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I finished the trilogy and I really enjoyed it. Could someone recommend similar authors or series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Whoever recommended Night Angel's Trilogy: gently caress you.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Hughmoris posted:

I'm not sure if you're joking but I agree. I purchased the book and got about 50 pages into it and gave up. The writing style, plot and characters were terrible to me.

On a brighter note, I'd rather have seen HBO make The First Law trilogy instead of ASoIaF. Or maybe make a movie trilogy. The stories definitely have the characters and plot for it, although I think that poo poo might be a little too dark and depressing for Hollywood.

I wish I wasn't joking. Who the hell reads that crap. I got like 200 pages in and there have been at least 3 "I already knew. It is all part of my plan" moments. A terrible prose makes it much worse.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Hollis posted:

I did some of my own research on Authors similar in vein to Abercrombie, which I use the term Brutal Fantasy. I'd really recommend the Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch it's part of the Gentleman Bastard series.

I'm thinking of writing up a thread on just "dark" fantasy realistic fantasy recommendations.

Please don't write anything ever.