Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006
AM I WEARING MY LEATHERS AND A HELMET? NO? I BETTER BE.
Everyone hates me at my office. Because they crunch numbers, and estimate how much it costs a building to be made. But apparently, me, the staff artist, gets to sit around and "fool with photoshop"

I take half assed revit and autocad files, fix them so that the geometry makes sense, and render them in 3D Studio max with an accurate sunlight simulation, using the v-ray rendering suite, in addition to completed landscape designs that have to be implemented as proxies because an accurate model is so polygon intensive 6 or 7 trees would crash the scene.

And yes, I take their 300 by 300 pixel artifacted all to hell .jpg plan views that they scanned into photoshop, and redraw them in illustrator so that when they are printed full size on 11 x 17 paper, they don't look like the internet threw up on the paper.

At least once a day, I hear about how easy I have it, and I'd better feel lucky for being able to coast like I do.

Which is why I feel no guilt for surfing the forums when I'm waiting for something to render.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Oh good people are having an impromptu meeting right now next to my cube.
Oh I know! What the gently caress is that about? I can hear them OVER my headphones at full blast. And there is no benefit to them stopping right there, Someone just opened a folder and everyone crowds around to give input. Then they take my consultation chair OUT of my cube and use it as a table.

There are six rooms in this building designed specifically for meetings. They all have their cute nicknames.

The war room, the punch bowl, the bull pen, etc...I check really quick on the corporate calandar, none of them are in use.

Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006

KevinCow posted:

I've had a corporate job for about a month now, and I have just one question for those of you who have been doing it for years: How have you not shot yourself yet? I can already feel it draining my soul away.
Didn't you hear the news?

All in all, you're just another brick in the wall.